East North region

jimmyg

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played against star at the start of the season where we beat them 3-2, totally different side now but I can only speak on what I've played against and East Craigie by far the best team, just a pity they're all wanx! Can't see Thornton or Blair winning all their remaining games so think Kennoway will go up... And hold there own in the premier!

Hibs 5 2 Arbroath heard Blair lost n star drew. Fancy hibs to do it 5 wins out 6 prob do it now if they turn over 14 goals or so witch I think they will with fire power they have. Arbroath 6 clean sheets in 7 games and lost 5 goals to them today. Going to the wire it's exciting stuff. Away to downfield next week a tough 1 tho

KSH, East Craigie, T,Hibs and Blair are the teams in the running to join Downfield in the PL. All of them can, on their day, compete with the best but (look at today's results) they can't be consistent. Are they all relegation material a year from now? None of them are my teams - just looking for an honest answer.

As FWE and DNE have shown this season it is a massive step up to the Premier from the North league

Downfield and whoever accompanies them will have to strengthen throughout their squad to consolidate next season.

The 4 relegation places make staying up very difficult for any promoted teams from this league

Is he suggesting the south league is stronger than the North ? I agree that whoever goes up from either North or South will have to strengthen. But to dismiss teams for relegation before they are even promoted is a bit presumptuous ! looking at results in the premier this season anybody can beat anybody and most of the games are settled by the odd goal.

I have watched a few games in the north league this year and think that whoever goes up would be a competitive addition to the premier league.

Is he suggesting the south league is stronger than the North ? I agree that whoever goes up from either North or South will have to strengthen. But to dismiss teams for relegation before they are even promoted is a bit presumptuous ! looking at results in the premier this season anybody can beat anybody and most of the games are settled by the odd goal.

I have watched a few games in the north league this year and think that whoever goes up would be a competitive addition to the premier league.

we played kennoway in a friendly and they pumped us big style so i don't think the south league is any better than the north, its all about how teams adapt to the premier league

Read my post gain Jimmyg

I make no mention of the North League being better or worse than the South League

I do not state that any of the teams that go up will come straight back down

What I said was that promoted teams from the North League will have to strengthen to stay in the Premier next year

DNE ran away with the North League last season - playing, not the most pleasing on the eye but very effective football

FWE went on a superb run and clinched the second spot on the back of it

Both are currently, and I stress currently, in the drop zone.

5th bottom for either of these teams would be a success this year and should be their target (from day 1 of the season in my opinion)

Fauldhouse have done a magnificent job as have Montrose Roselea

However Pumpherston, Livingston, Kirkcaldy YM and Kirrie Thistle all relegated last year have struggled this year this tells a story.

Going up should be every teams target but they have to be realistic and need to strengthen their squads to consolidate in the Premier.

Discuss....

Totally agree with Griffin. Having played against most of the challenging teams I said at the time they would need to strengths or face a relegation battle next year. Kennoway IMO are the best equipped to do well in premier league but think they could be doing with 3 or 4 more quality players in to bulk up the squad abit.

Beat by kdy willie !!!!

I know, certainly a low point!!! Struggling abit bodywise just now, a lot of injuries to key players but should still have enough to compete in this league so we are most definitely letting the club down with results.

Don't really think yesterday's result was a surprise tbh! Wullie saying it's a low point as if we are some kind of walkover. A know Lochore have a lot of injuries but in all fairness the midfielders and strikers were 1st choice(so I've been told). Nobody from our side mentioned the fact that we also had a few boys out and that our keeper pulled on a strip for the first time in months after broken ribs(not even trained), so clearly no 100%.

Must add that we were well worth our 3 points yesterday, cracking game which was good to play in!

Archived