Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. vs Celtic F.C. // SC Semi Final

It's probably Meekings older team-mates I feel the most sorry for, knowing that this might be the most prestigious competition they win and it's completely and utterly tainted. :(

What is it with you lot and the other cheek branding everything tainted? Your win over hearts was tainted by a blatant dive, would you have celebrated the 'tainted treble' had you actually beat us?

It wasn't deliberate, it wasn't given. We won, you lost.

Deal with it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are Celtic supporters really so bothered about all this? At the end of the day when either of arse cheeks win the Scottish cup, after about 30 minutes it becomes just another statistic, a meaningless bauble to them. At least to Inverness or Falkirk it will be shared with the entire town for years to come. People from there will remember every detail for a very long time.

Yup, his arm moves into an unnatural position to block the ball, it's as deliberate a handball as you're likely to see. The only thing that gif doesn't show is Meekings flinging his head back to con the officials.

If ICT have any respect for their fans, their players, the Scottish Cup as a competition, or Scottish football as a whole, they will refuse to play him in the final.

It's probably Meekings older team-mates I feel the most sorry for, knowing that this might be the most prestigious competition they win and it's completely and utterly tainted. :(

edit: excessive quotery.

Tainted,aye?

I'm sure ICT fans won't be too bothered if they take the big prize.Celtic were played off the park for most of the semi and at the end of it all,football was the winner.

Talking about endless replays I have just watched the incident again. To me it looks clearly as though Meekings went to head the ball and missed the ball then caught him on the trailing arm, which was obviously raised for balance.

Apology owed to Josh by me. I really thought he had gotten off with jiggery pokery. I hope he works on his heading before the final.

What a bizarre post. :huh:

The other day you said Meekings deserved a ban.

You see, during a match first impressions of an incident can be wrong. Thankfully the ref saw the incident as it was and the panel agreed.

Why are Celtic supporters really so bothered about all this? At the end of the day when either of arse cheeks win the Scottish cup, after about 30 minutes it becomes just another statistic, a meaningless bauble to them.

Because it's a conspiracy.

Tainted,aye?

I'm sure ICT fans won't be too bothered if they take the big prize.Celtic were played off the park for most of the semi and at the end of it all,football was the winner.

Again, :huh: .

I haven't said Celtic were the better team, I haven't said Celtic should be in the final, I haven't said ICT shouldn't be in the final.

I've said Meekings shouldn't be in the final because it's blindingly obvious it's a deliberate handball, explaining why I think that. All I've got back in response is a couple of paragraphs worth of "YOOR RAGIN"

Again, :huh: .

I haven't said Celtic were the better team, I haven't said Celtic should be in the final, I haven't said ICT shouldn't be in the final.

I've said Meekings shouldn't be in the final because it's blindingly obvious it's a deliberate handball, explaining why I think that. All I've got back in response is a couple of paragraphs worth of "YOOR RAGIN"

And also that ICT shouldn't play him in the final out of respect for their fans. Would Celtic do that if the roles were reversed, or any other team? I doubt it.

it's blindingly obvious it's a deliberate handball,

:lol:

If that was deliberate Meekings should give up playing centre half and stick the gloves on. Look at his right leg lunge, that's why his arm has come to his side, you know, so he can balance....

Griffiths was a few yards away from him, his eyes were shut, he's lunged in expecting it in the face. There's absolutely no way that was deliberate, he's had absolutely no time to think there.

You're kidding yourself on

Only thing is now that the officials will do all they can to get Celtic through so that mistake is forgotten about

officials will do all they can to get Celtic through so that mistake is forgotten about

so that mistake is forgotten

mistake

You're kidding yourself on :)

You're kidding yourself on :)

I think Celtic could've got a penalty for that even though I didn't think it was deliberate, it denied what looked like a goal, in the same way a defender might clumsily knock over a striker running clean through. I don't think a red card would have been appropriate though, I don't think red cards should be given to defenders that accidentally take down a striker running through on goal either. I think a penalty is more than enough. I don't know how many other people would share that view but that's my opinion.

But there was no way it was deliberate handball. Like I said if it was Meekings should stick the gloves on on a Saturday instead.

:lol:

If that was deliberate Meekings should give up playing centre half and stick the gloves on. Look at his right leg lunge, that's why his arm has come to his side, you know, so he can balance....

Griffiths was a few yards away from him, his eyes were shut, he's lunged in expecting it in the face. There's absolutely no way that was deliberate, he's had absolutely no time to think there.

You're kidding yourself on

Balance you say, if he was trying to be balanced wouldn't he have BOTH arms out, talking sh!t.

It was deliberate but I am glad he is playing as ICT were the better team on the day and the officials and Celtic are the ones who have dragged this out.

Balance you say, if he was trying to be balanced wouldn't he have BOTH arms out, talking sh!t.

It was deliberate but I am glad he is playing as ICT were the better team on the day and the officials and Celtic are the ones who have dragged this out.

Why would he have both hands out if his centre of balance was offset? If you watch the replays he tried to head the ball. Why would he try to head and handle the ball at the same time? Trying to catch it between the two?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=oRo6VazXDtLLaOTogbAM&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D9yIpT-jUQLU&ved=0CBwQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHK2C6N8LD97uoLKZVtwJ3eEkaf0g&sig2=24mMP4GzjnFhdTcLoWcwqw

Watch his head move towards the ball, as the ball passes his head he tries to move his arm away from the ball in a backwards motion.

Every time I watch the save, it gets better and better. Absolutely superb reflexes at point-blank range.

If indeed it was a reflex then it was not deliberate. Reflexes are controlled by the subconscious not the conscious mind.

Archived