Kilmarnock v basement side St Mirren

Nice to be going into this game feeling relatively comfortable in eighth, a full fourteen points ahead of the opposition. We've been very competent under Gary Locke, and I really can't see us losing to this St Mirren side. I may be proven wrong, but we look better in every area and should be disappointed if we don't take all three points. Neither Motherwell laterally and St Mirren now would be my first choice to go down, but no chance I'd want to see us 'stepping aside' for the fake Saints.

As an aside, Kilmarnock are running a food bank collection and are asking all supporters, home and away, to bring a tin to the game to be donated to those in need in East Ayrshire. Details here - http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=1881

So aye, bring a tin and help those less fortunate than yourself.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our form isn't actually that terrible, all things considered. We've lost to Aberdeen, ICT and Dundee recently which isn't too awful considering we've beaten Hamilton, Partick Thistle, County and drawn with United. If we just keep on picking up draws and wins against the teams around us I think we'll be fine... IF

I'm not expecting too much from Killie, but we have to go into this with the aim of getting something. Kilmarnock (no offence) is a different game to the Dons or ICT. I don't see why we can't get something here if we try. We've not won at Rugby park in while though (end of 2012-2013 season?) but f**k it.

On the plus side it's a good day out. Should be a decent crowd. I'm looking forward to a few beers on the train, a few pints in the Brass n Granite and a few killie pies to soften the blow of losing 2-1 in the last few minutes once again.

Really hoping we can get a decent result here, as I would then feel confident at firstly, us being more or less secure and secondly, St Mirren being more likely to return to their natural level.

I'd like a good performance as well, but I'd settle for one going in of Tope's arse in the last minute.

So, 1-2 then, and the usual Paisley trogs to crawl out from under their stones on here. :(

Hopefully our big centre half is ok for this one.

There hasn't been much between the 2 teams in 2 games I have witnessed this season. League positions don't lie and Killie are obviously a better team.

I would have given Gary Locke a chance at Saints, should he be the permanent Killie boss?

I'd say a point wouldn't be the worst result but we are running out of games. Should be looking to win this but given our horrendous record on plastic pitches I'd begrudgingly take a point.

Our recent form suggests a draw but not expecting many goals so 0 0 or 1 1. Locke has instilled a good fighting spirit so far that i think we will need in our games for the rest of the season as almost every team we play will have a cause to play for whereas we appear to be safe with no chance of top 6.

This is a massive game for us, we can't afford to pick up no points here.

My prediction... A decent travelling support and the players responding to it with a big performance.

2-1 saints (Thommo to prove the doubters wrong)

I have a strange feeling about this one. I'm never confident of a Killie victory but I'm plumping for 3-0 in this one. Don't know why, (it's maybe the euphoria of our first game at home in what seems like 3 years!). Eccles with 2 and Josh with 1 - you heard it here first.

As an aside, Kilmarnock are running a food bank collection and are asking all supporters, home and away, to bring a tin to the game to be donated to those in need in East Ayrshire. Details here - http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=1881

Nice touch. Hope lots of people support it.

As for the game, can't see us taking anything, sadly. I'd take a point - which could depend on whether Genev is fit. Not sure if there's been any word on that yet, but it doesn't feel good knowing our safety could depend on the fitness and form of a guy who signed as a February free agent and who has managed 45 minutes before pulling a hammie.

2-1 Killie.

So aye, bring a tin and help those less fortunate than yourself.

Excellent that so many clubs are starting to do this. I hope it's a great success and I will definitely be bringing some items along. Let's do this more often!

I also hope that we get the charity out of the way before the game and give the Maureens an absolute pumping! :thumsup2

75 of us going to Park Suite.

Could get messy.

I think we are in the Park Suite too, although we might be in the overflow prawn sandwich section as I think the PS might have been sold out when we booked.

Couple of us Saints fans in the party, but mostly Killie boys.

Looking forward to it !

I think we are in the Park Suite too, although we might be in the overflow prawn sandwich section as I think the PS might have been sold out when we booked.

Couple of us Saints fans in the party, but mostly Killie boys.

Looking forward to it !

Aye, we've taken up more than half the Park Suite.

Been booked for months. Always a good day.

In other news, there's an article in the new WSC about us winning the league in 1965. After last month's nostalgic picture of the Johnnie Walker end, they seem to be seeking to inject a wee bit class into the magazine. I look forward to a retrospective of Bummer Campbell's career next month...

In other news, there's an article in the new WSC about us winning the league in 1965. After last month's nostalgic picture of the Johnnie Walker end, they seem to be seeking to inject a wee bit class into the magazine. I look forward to a retrospective of Bummer Campbell's career next month...

Why was bummer his nickname anyway? Or need I ask? :P

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip down to RP earlier in the season even if our performance was pretty gash.

Tough ask to get something here but we could really do with a result of some kind, would be pretty happy with a point tbh. Always only seems to be a goal in these games.

2-1, Killie.

Oh, Killiesquirrel amarite in saying I've finally taken the lead in our high scoring charity bet? :-P

Archived