Aberdeen VS Motherwell on Friday 13th March

Once again BT have ruined one of the most enjoyable trips of the season by putting it on a Friday night. Unfortunately won't be able to make this due to the aforementioned date change and also due to the fact that I will be going to both Killie and Partick away in the next few weeks

Would be happy for another decent performance but don't think that will be enough to get a result 1-0 Dons

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it's better than the match earlier in the season. I walked in just after Hayes scored for Aberdeen and then watched absolutely nothing happen in the full match. I did enjoy a cracking night out afterwards though!

Reckon we will be lucky to get anything from this. Aberdeen are far and away the 2nd best side in the league and miles better than us. Our defence is not strong enough to keep them out for 90mins to shitfest our way to a 0-0.

Reckon it will be 2-0 Aberdeen and we move on to the Accies match the following week.

If we go with something approaching the same XI as the past couple of weeks and approach the game in the same way as we did against ICT & the first half yesterday (on the front foot and other such cliches) there's no reason why we can't get something out this. Especially if Baraclough & the new coaching staff continue to get a tune from McDonald and Johnson.

Given that a couple of weeks ago you'd turn up at Fir Park not knowing who was supposed to be playing where then I suppose the worry is that we try to change things up from what's beginning to look an almost settled team and set up to try and contain Aberdeen with a 451 or something since I've very little confidence that, relatively improved as we may be, we could actually do that for 90mins.

Our subsequent games following this in the run up to the split are absolutely our "must wins", I think there's a fair chance of this being 1-1.

Think this one will depend on Aberdeen's reaction to getting whacked 4-0 by Celtic. If we play like we did against Inverness and Kilmarnock they'll have to play well to beat us and if they react well, they will. If they don't we now look good enough we could give them a test. Whatever happens, we have ten games left and this is the only one we are serious outsiders in. Just want a good performance and ideally a point to keep the momentum going.

As far as I'm concerned we can't afford to come away from this with nothing when all our rivals have winnable matches.

We need at least a point and we are going to have to fight and scrap for our lives.

Fair play to Aberdeen for doing well this season but they are not so good that we should be throwing in the towel before the match.

We'll see how Aberdeen do after the wheels came off their unbeaten run rather spectacularly last week against a Celtic team that's since lost at home to St. Johnstone and drawn against an off form 9 man Dundee Utd.

Rather annoyingly I'd booked a train down the road without realising we were playing up here.

As a few others have said we're a vast improvement compared to what we have been but I still think Aberdeen will have too much for us.

I think we'll give a good account of ourselves but I suspect we'll lose 1 or 2-0.

Archived