Explain Mr Fixtures Man

theweepieman

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is obviously no consideration given to clubs finances,sporting fairness or the supporters need for early notice to organise their shifts etc.

Its a total embarrassment to turn up at a game on a saturday and not to know who,where or even if you`re playing the following saturday.

It wont change though because not enough clubs care enough.

You play 5 or so friendlies at start of season then you play 4 or more more 'competitive games' for 2-3 weeks in Ardagh Cup so that's usually over a month of no or very few interesting league or Cup games to get new supporters down during the good August weather. You would still have friendlies as every team in UK has at start of season then you get straight onto league games.

I reckon competitive cup matches against all your local rivals to kick off the season is a great way 'to get new supporters to come along during the good August weather' , not meaningless friendlies.

What? They play them anyway. Then they played another 5 or 6 where neither team cared much about the outcome. Now it is serious stuff from the word go. And of course you've got more time to recover if you don't get some early results. From a spectator perspective it's excellent.

Are you speaking for all clubs , or just your own?

'5 or 6 games where neither team cared about the outcome?.

That's a ridiculous statement.

Do you have an address or email that the many disgruntled fans can write to?

As I put on here earlier in this thread ,and in the other thread , Same old Same old, if those clubs who want to effect a change of fixtures man and / or push to get a full season fixtures to be available at start of each season, then PM me on here with contact details for someone at each club and when I have sufficient amount of clubs who are prepared to go together to force change, then, and only then, will a letter be sent / emailed to each club for a signature and then forwarded to the West region to be discussed at the AGM.

I have had a few who have made contact, but as yet, my own club don't even know who these clubs are as I don't have enough numbers to progress this as agreed

If no others come forward in next couple of weeks, I will assume that there isn't a real desire for change and I will let those who have been in contact that, unfortunately, there hasn't been enough interest and those names will stay secret and with me only

If we are all so cheesed off, let's vote for change and not sit on our thumbs

LADESIDE

Are you speaking for all clubs , or just your own?

'5 or 6 games where neither team cared about the outcome?.

That's a ridiculous statement.

Why don't you have a look at the comments from the thread on east reconstruction of the leagues.

Absolute fact - there was zero concern about results apart from the final.

There is nothing ridiculous about the comment given it's a true representation of approach.

And the reconstruction didn't happen because my club wanted it. The teams further down the chain identified a better, more progressive structure for their level whilst at the same time dismissing the tedium of a competition which was moribund.

You guys carry on wasting August with your glorified friendlies/training matches.

Kilsyth rangers no fixture 2 weeks in a row? Wtf, no game this week, no game the 28th, I have heard maybole have no game on the 28th either, we've still to play maybole, as someone else said u couldn't make it up, obvious as far as I can see, this guy is a tube.

Kilsyth rangers no fixture 2 weeks in a row? Wtf, no game this week, no game the 28th, I have heard maybole have no game on the 28th either, we've still to play maybole, as someone else said u couldn't make it up, obvious as far as I can see, this guy is a tube.

Confirmed, neither Kilsyth nor Maybole have a match listed for the 28th, and they have still to play each other in the league.

Unless one of the teams have asked for a blank Saturday ?

Confirmed, neither Kilsyth nor Maybole have a match listed for the 28th, and they have still to play each other in the league.

Unless one of the teams have asked for a blank Saturday ?

I'm sure we never, we don't have a game this week, can anyone tell us if maybole did?

Had a go to see if I could do a better job than Mr Fixtures Man, so here's a fixtures schedule and fixtures list attached for next season. Have a go yourself and see what you come up with...

A couple of changes I made that might improve things with the fixtures:

1) Both types of district cup to be played mid-week in summer months to take advantage of the better weather and more day-light hours: July-August for the Sectionals, Apr-May for the Knock-Outs.
2) The Saturdays of international breaks have been used to give more attention to minor cup competitions: the Sectional final and League Cup rounds.
3) Two Saturdays in the spring have been scheduled as blanks to help catch up on postponed league (& cup) matches – ideally, to bring all competitions up to date before the important final stages.
4) 22 league fixture dates are shown - to correspond with the top division – and 26 fixture dates for the second tier; fixtures can also be caught up on when cup competitions are in the latter stages.
5) The Sectional cups have been brought forward into July to replace some friendly dates, enabling the league to be brought forward by 1-2 weeks & creating a little more space for postponed matches to be played later in the season – see spring break.
6) There would be a 7-week summer break if this schedule was used, with a 2-week winter break. There could also be a 3-4 week break in spring, but this is unlikely given the number of postponed games that usually need to be caught up on.

SuperLeaguePremierDivisionFixtures.doc

SJFAWestFixturesSchedule.xls

Why don't you have a look at the comments from the thread on east reconstruction of the leagues.

Absolute fact - there was zero concern about results apart from the final.

There is nothing ridiculous about the comment given it's a true representation of approach.

And the reconstruction didn't happen because my club wanted it. The teams further down the chain identified a better, more progressive structure for their level whilst at the same time dismissing the tedium of a competition which was moribund.

You guys carry on wasting August with your glorified friendlies/training matches.

Let's start with your 'wasting August' jibe - Your well aware through our previous conversations that I'm all for change as well , particularly changing the season to March - November which would obviously mean the sectional league cup wouldn't die.

I could turn it around & suggest that your'e 'wasting December to February' every year when our game staggers from one week to the next scratching around for a fixture or two to beat the dismal weather & the punters are forced to watch games that are usually miserable mud baths in the freezing cold. March to November is hardly 'summer football' I'm sure you'll agree. Why does this concept spook you so much? It's the answer to almost everything that's wrong with junior football.

Your comment about 'all clubs not caring about the sectional league cup' is an insult to the players of every club the length & breadth of the country. Its ridiculous to suggest that the players don't care. One thing you can guarantee at our level of football is that the players give 100% in every game , from friendlies to cup finals. Everyone gets stuck in & gives their all no matter what competition theyre involved in. Its a major part of the attraction for junior fans , don't you agree? I've been watching junior football my whole life & I've yet to see a game that wasn't competitive & played with 100% commitment.

I agree with you that the game needs to change , but we're poles apart with what we think the remedy is.

I'm not engaging in this summer football stuff nonsense. And I'm really not arsed to argue this out with you. The league cup was done away with in the East for the reason that the clubs didn't take the games seriously and there were better ways to use the time. Nobody regarded the results as important either way. Entire squads get game time - it's rubbish to watch. You crack on with your idyllic view of the juniors - it's bollocks but if you don't fancy it that's fine. Stick to watching these cracking games in the West. We can get on with it and enjoy our better balanced league.

Let's start with your 'wasting August' jibe - Your well aware through our previous conversations that I'm all for change as well , particularly changing the season to March - November which would obviously mean the sectional league cup wouldn't die.

I could turn it around & suggest that your'e 'wasting December to February' every year when our game staggers from one week to the next scratching around for a fixture or two to beat the dismal weather & the punters are forced to watch games that are usually miserable mud baths in the freezing cold. March to November is hardly 'summer football' I'm sure you'll agree. Why does this concept spook you so much? It's the answer to almost everything that's wrong with junior football.

Your comment about 'all clubs not caring about the sectional league cup' is an insult to the players of every club the length & breadth of the country. Its ridiculous to suggest that the players don't care. One thing you can guarantee at our level of football is that the players give 100% in every game , from friendlies to cup finals. Everyone gets stuck in & gives their all no matter what competition theyre involved in. Its a major part of the attraction for junior fans , don't you agree? I've been watching junior football my whole life & I've yet to see a game that wasn't competitive & played with 100% commitment.

I agree with you that the game needs to change , but we're poles apart with what we think the remedy is.

should have come with us to st andrews. :(

I'm not engaging in this summer football stuff nonsense. And I'm really not arsed to argue this out with you. The league cup was done away with in the East for the reason that the clubs didn't take the games seriously and there were better ways to use the time. Nobody regarded the results as important either way. Entire squads get game time - it's rubbish to watch. You crack on with your idyllic view of the juniors - it's bollocks but if you don't fancy it that's fine. Stick to watching these cracking games in the West. We can get on with it and enjoy our better balanced league.

Are you 12?

I'm sure we never, we don't have a game this week, can anyone tell us if maybole did?

Maybole asked for a free Saturday on the 28th. Kilsyth Committee already approached Mr Robertson to ask re this.

Archived