Explain Mr Fixtures Man

theweepieman

It goes on and on! The 3rd Jan was our last scheduled home fixture! If we get a home game on the 28th, note I say if that will be nearly 3 months since our last one. Grow some balls man and explain this one.

As for the Bankies not having a game do you just pluck the fixtures out of a hat. You are a disgrace and should resign NOW!!!

Don't moan here --get it in writing, if there a dozen letters by the AGM then action will need to be taken

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It goes on and on! The 3rd Jan was our last scheduled home fixture! If we get a home game on the 28th, note I say if that will be nearly 3 months since our last one. Grow some balls man and explain this one.

As for the Bankies not having a game do you just pluck the fixtures out of a hat. You are a disgrace and should resign NOW!!!

Better get your bus booked for the 28th......away to Irvine Vics!

How do you work that out ?

The league would start the same day as the sections normally would.

Anybody from the East Region want to tell us how it can possibly work.. deary me.

From my perspective, moving to 16 team leagues and ditching the pretence that was the sectional league cup has been fantastic. It irked me no end as a customer to be paying full whack to watch training sessions pretending to be real games. And they lasted a whole month give it take. Utter shite. 4 pre season games in the last week of July/first week of August and then into the proper stuff.

Fixtures still feel a bit random right enough!

3 competitive home games in 20 weeks.

I get why you guys are not happy , but so far since the first league game end of august you have had 10 home games plus the roy' home ' game switched to barrfields . We have had 7 home league games in that time plus a home game switched to barrfields . It's more the order in which you is getting the games is the problem. You guys are getting them in batches of home and away games rather than spread even like ourselves .

Never had any real problem with the fixture man and how my own teams fixtures come out but realise a lot of teams do and in many cases rightly so.

Well guys what can I say? Nothing that hasn't been said before! At least 3 months without a scheduled home game.

I wonder if it is because this thread was started? IMO that is not the case I just he is a good all round bloke????!!!!!!

Well we come april will not have had a home league game since the beginning of december , we are in a different position though as we ground share you just need to take them as they come in our situation. As i said you guys have had 10 home games plus our rearranged game since end of august , we have had 7 home games in that time , It's more the bad scheduling of your games that is the problem .

From my perspective, moving to 16 team leagues and ditching the pretence that was the sectional league cup has been fantastic. It irked me no end as a customer to be paying full whack to watch training sessions pretending to be real games. And they lasted a whole month give it take. Utter shite. 4 pre season games in the last week of July/first week of August and then into the proper stuff.

Fixtures still feel a bit random right enough!

So you'd rather pay to watch your club play meaningless friendlies instead of official tournament games?

So you'd rather pay to watch your club play meaningless friendlies instead of official tournament games?

What? They play them anyway. Then they played another 5 or 6 where neither team cared much about the outcome. Now it is serious stuff from the word go. And of course you've got more time to recover if you don't get some early results. From a spectator perspective it's excellent.

You play 5 or so friendlies at start of season then you play 4 or more more 'competitive games' for 2-3 weeks in Ardagh Cup so that's usually over a month of no or very few interesting league or Cup games to get new supporters down during the good August weather. You would still have friendlies as every team in UK has at start of season then you get straight onto league games.

Archived