Explain Mr Fixtures Man

theweepieman

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was on the inside I would know and care but I have better things to worry about. Your point re rangers is lost on me. The point I made was that their fans don't really understand the takeover or how it was achieved. Nor do I and again don't really care.

Poster boy, I appreciate that you aren't really interested, fair enough.

However, a good few clubs in the premier league have Intimated that they are of a mind to support a motion to try and change things in the fixtures fiasco

I would ask others who are fed up with things as they are to let me know and we can then plan how we take this matter forward to the West AGM. To ensure that a United front is presented and we can force a change

That way, no single club is taking the lead , it's a single, like minded approach by all clubs who feel similarly aggrieved with current shambles

If they paid a bit more than £7k then they might get someone who could do a decent job. Having done it before, it sounds like a pittance for the drudgery of setting out fixtures lists - although scheduling the dates and sorting out competition formats can be quite fun. Ahem.

Maybe the real issue that needs to be addressed long-term is that the Juniors don't have the facilities to run winter leagues successfully, and as such there'll always be a ridiculous pile-up of fixtures, etc. Given non-participation in the pyramid and the fixtures issue, summer football would be a sensible move to keep the Juniors 'grade' relevant and get more fans along to games.

If they paid a bit more than £7k then they might get someone who could do a decent job. Having done it before, it sounds like a pittance for the drudgery of setting out fixtures lists - although scheduling the dates and sorting out competition formats can be quite fun. Ahem.

Maybe the real issue that needs to be addressed long-term is that the Juniors don't have the facilities to run winter leagues successfully, and as such there'll always be a ridiculous pile-up of fixtures, etc. Given non-participation in the pyramid and the fixtures issue, summer football would be a sensible move to keep the Juniors 'grade' relevant and get more fans along to games.

Three good talking points there.

Someone should start threads on these.

The issue is the Scottish cup taking up half the winter . If it wasn't played from the end of November until the beginning of March it would give more scope to put a fixture list in place. Can't see it happening though tbh

LADESIDE

The Scottish is ran by the SJFA, the leagues by the West Region...the SJFA don't give a feck about the leagues as long as their cup gets preference. It would a hellava lot easier for Robertson if the Scottish was not played in the Winter months, better for the clubs and the fans. Its the obvious solution to everybody but the SJFA. Two bodies to run feckin junior fitba when the Italians and others only need one...

Two bodies to run feckin junior fitba when the Italians and others only need one...

It's getting better. There was a time when football in this part of the world was run by SJFA, West of Scotland JFA, Ayrshire JFA and Central JFA. Matt Spiers must have had fun trying to get the West Cup organised when Central wanted their league games to take priority. SJFA wanted priority over everything. And prior to 1968 it was even worse.

It's getting better. There was a time when football in this part of the world was run by SJFA, West of Scotland JFA, Ayrshire JFA and Central JFA. Matt Spiers must have had fun trying to get the West Cup organised when Central wanted their league games to take priority. SJFA wanted priority over everything. And prior to 1968 it was even worse.

Yeah it is a lot better than back then but the conflicts of interest still harms the game.

We could be doing with another independent inquiry into the whole of Scottish fitba again.

To me wee Matt did a great job and while people thought he was being bitter when he said Ayrshire clubs don't need the Central clubs, my opinion is that he has been proved correct as they have brought very little to the table in the current set up...and we should never have dissolved the AJFA.

Yeah it is a lot better than back then but the conflicts of interest still harms the game.

We could be doing with another independent inquiry into the whole of Scottish fitba again.

To me wee Matt did a great job and while people thought he was being bitter when he said Ayrshire clubs don't need the Central clubs, my opinion is that he has been proved correct as they have brought very little to the table in the current set up...and we should never have dissolved the AJFA.

And we all know whose casting vote made that happen.

Three good talking points there.

Someone should start threads on these.

Aye ok, that post was cliché-ridden - a bit like P&B bingo.

What I was trying to say was that the Junior game is still free to do as it pleases since it isn't tied into the new pyramid, so isn't constricted to playing winter football; and it seems like playing through the summer would ease fixture congestion as there'd be fewer call-offs and scheduling mid-week, evening games could be possible; and you might also have the supporters of senior clubs coming along to see their local juniors since their teams wouldn't be playing through the summer.

Might work?

The issue is the Scottish cup taking up half the winter . If it wasn't played from the end of November until the beginning of March it would give more scope to put a fixture list in place. Can't see it happening though tbh

LADESIDE

Could be, but also is there really a need for/interest in two cups for each district in the West?

Getting rid of the Sections would allow the start of the league to be brought forward by a couple of weeks, giving yon Fixtures Man a bit of breathing space during the winter...

What I was trying to say was that the Junior game is still free to do as it pleases since it isn't tied into the new pyramid, so isn't constricted to playing winter football; and it seems like playing through the summer would ease fixture congestion as there'd be fewer call-offs and scheduling mid-week, evening games could be possible; and you might also have the supporters of senior clubs coming along to see their local juniors since their teams wouldn't be playing through the summer.

Might work?

Could be, but also is there really a need for/interest in two cups for each district in the West?

Getting rid of the Sections would allow the start of the league to be brought forward by a couple of weeks, giving yon Fixtures Man a bit of breathing space during the winter...

How can you have a Junior calendar out of synch with the rest of the country? The transfer system would be a farce.

Might work?

Also said elsewhere about getting rid of the sectional

But will teams like Lugar & Kello vote for this as it realistically ends 3 of their biggest gates of the season at the moment ?

LADESIDE

Archived