Explain Mr Fixtures Man

theweepieman

Go for it mate but remember your club will be dirt and will have the full force of Johnston and Robertson ( the untouchables ) come down upon it. These two survive by getting mates at other clubs back them regardless. Put forward a proposal get a seconder put it to a vote...and best of luck.

I totally agree with you mate, hence the way this is being done.

If the clubs who are interested to get a motion on to the agenda at West FA AGM , then those who are interested can let me know, I'll get a letter drawn up and the Secretary of each club who support the motion are then going to lodge this together and no I dividual club is putting their head above the parapet and being seen as the stirrers

Our commitee are reacting to supporters anger and they are asking what we, as a club are doing about us always being away from home

So as a commitee , they are doing what they have been voted in to do, look after the club/supporters interests

I can be PM'd with email / tel no of someone to whom I can then forward a letter for all interested clubs

This would be done when we have a decent number who are happy to do this and, if we don't get a decent amount, which is unlikely, those who have contacted me do not need to worry as I will be the coordinator of this and will NOT disclose any names of individuals / clubs prior to a group letter being submitted

I give my word on that

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy tt , remember the old adage " if you also do what you have always done , you will always get what you have always got"

Something needs to change before some clubs go to the wall due to lack of income

FFS. If Talbot are talking about lack of income , arguably , the best team in the game, what about others

I'm not saying the job will be easy , but, the real question is can it be any worse than it currently is and the answer is a definite NO

We need to grasp the nettle and effect change before it's too late and the current regime oversees the demise of some great old clubs, which will, of course, not be their fault

Tommy tt , remember the old adage " if you also do what you have always done , you will always get what you have always got"

Something needs to change before some clubs go to the wall due to lack of income

FFS. If Talbot are talking about lack of income , arguably , the best team in the game, what about others

I'm not saying the job will be easy , but, the real question is can it be any worse than it currently is and the answer is a definite NO

We need to grasp the nettle and effect change before it's too late and the current regime oversees the demise of some great old clubs, which will, of course, not be their fault

Are you putting yourself forward for the job here?

LADESIDE

Lots of people qualified enough to do the job. Isn't that hard and provides a second income. Not sure about the mechanics. From what people are saying you need to canvas support and get people to vote for you rather than hand in a CV.

Are you putting yourself forward for the job here?

LADESIDE

I would love to have the time and ability to be able to formulate a fixture list and update that on a weekly/ monthly basis.

Unfortunately, I am doing two different jobs to bring an income in to my own house, but, I am trying to help the junior game by getting a change to the outdated and totally haphazard way of allocating fixtures which is killing our game by starving clubs of revenue

Therefore, No , I am not putting my self forward for the job, but, I am happy to help in at least getting the thing discussed at a level where change can/may be possible as the current system is not working

I know a few folk on here who have put forward links etc to similar fixture lists etc and if we can harness that knowledge and enthusiasm, we can have a better set up

I would love to have the time and ability to be able to formulate a fixture list and update that on a weekly/ monthly basis.

Unfortunately, I am doing two different jobs to bring an income in to my own house, but, I am trying to help the junior game by getting a change to the outdated and totally haphazard way of allocating fixtures which is killing our game by starving clubs of revenue

Therefore, No , I am not putting my self forward for the job, but, I am happy to help in at least getting the thing discussed at a level where change can/may be possible as the current system is not working

I know a few folk on here who have put forward links etc to similar fixture lists etc and if we can harness that knowledge and enthusiasm, we can have a better set up

No worries bud & a wasn't Havin a dig or anything

Work 2 jobs myself so know how time restricting it is. Would be all for your proposal & having researched it myself a workable fixture list wouldn't be hard to implement

LADESIDE

What is the time commitment involved?

I wouldn't know how much time is involved but for anyone wishing to take on the job it will be more the commitment than the time that is the barrier. You are stuck with this every week for around 40 weeks a year. You are stuck with a set time which may not be suitable for most people considering it. The time for a lot of people would be no problem if it was at your choosing and fit it round other things.

I wouldn't know how much time is involved but for anyone wishing to take on the job it will be more the commitment than the time that is the barrier. You are stuck with this every week for around 40 weeks a year. You are stuck with a set time which may not be suitable for most people considering it. The time for a lot of people would be no problem if it was at your choosing and fit it round other things.

Who would want to do it?

If the guy gets crabbit with clubs pestering him I'm not surprised.

Having said that, the way he does the job shows he couldn't run a bath.

I have said this before, but really the depth of ignorance on here of how junior football is governed and run is quite staggering. A well established procedure for making changes to committee who run West Region exists and it is up to clubs to implement it. Nominations have to be made by member clubs in advance of AGM and voted on by the clubs. Vacant positions CAN be filled by co-opting a person from outside on a temporary basis, eg. the appointment of a temporary treasurer recently to fill the post done so well by the late Davie McAllister.

If we can find someone who can fill his shoes and offer the level of commitment and capability that he showed we will indeed be extremely fortunate.

By the way how would a punter that avidly follows a junior club know about the committee side. Do you think that the majority of rangers fans understand how Dave king managed to take control or care for that matter!

When you admit ignorance of how things are run then you should be carefull of what you write about them. How can Glasgow Rangers fans be so sure at this early stage that the true messiah has eventually arrived. They were equally rapturous in their praise of the fallen idols in the shape of Whyte and Green when they arrived on the scene

Archived