Queen of the South v's Raith Rovers 14/03/15

Your players done a good enough job if trying to get themselves sent off. Some horrible challenges from your team. 11 was lucky not to get a straight red for that tackle on miller and that was after a booking!

I was only really making the point about Russell which 99% of the Queens supporters agreed with me. Martin Scott probably should have walked but the tackle after his booking wasn't a foul as he won the ball. I'm assuming the ref must have seen it that way. However he may have known the rules he failed to actually practice them on countless occasions...

Brunos was good Zen, very good! Went to the pub across the road after and a band were playing. They were pretty good too. All round decent weekend, apart from the result.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only really making the point about Russell which 99% of the Queens supporters agreed with me. Martin Scott probably should have walked but the tackle after his booking wasn't a foul as he won the ball. I'm assuming the ref must have seen it that way. However he may have known the rules he failed to actually practice them on countless occasions...

Brunos was good Zen, very good! Went to the pub across the road after and a band were playing. They were pretty good too. All round decent weekend, apart from the result.

I'd be concerned for the 1% that didn't think Russell was out of line tbh! It was blatant cheating and even any QoS fan that doesn't agree should pack fitba in right now.

I disagree with you re. Scott's challenge though. It was a reckless lunge and he should have seen at least a yellow for it. Even if he won the ball it's irrelevant, as the way he went in was dangerous. I know that sounds daft, but that's the way the game is going. Some think this is correct others don't. And as I've already said. The fact he was subbed minutes later spoke volumes IMO.

The useless woman covering this on BBC said the following:

Paton opened the scoring

McGurn was subbed at half time for Cuthbert

That was all I could suffer before turning it off. Who knows what other nonsense she spouted.

The useless woman covering this on BBC said the following:

Paton opened the scoring

McGurn was subbed at half time for Cuthbert

That was all I could suffer before turning it off. Who knows what other nonsense she spouted.

She definitely didn't say Paton scored when reporting the goal instantly but maybe did later.

I would hope she didnt. He didnt open the scoring either.

HA! I knew I should have checked what goal he scored but it goes to show the poor BBC coverage left poor me dazed and confused at to who scored what goal ;)

Russell was an embarrassment in that incident with Nade. Scott should also have been off with that tackle which was why he was subbed pretty much immediately after

It looked an over-reaction certainly (and after Vuckic tried the same on him in midweek it was pretty poor) but there was some contact and some of our other players, Holt in particular, appeared to think there was something nasty in it. I'd like to see it again. My reaction at the time was any contact was accidental. Like others I thought Nade had a good game though McKenna did particularly well in the air against him.

Scott should quite possibly have seen a straight red for that "tackle" near the dugouts. I'm certain he'd have got at least a yellow if the ball hadn't ran for us and advantage been played. The referee clearly signalled an advantage so he was classing it as a foul. Murray knew exactly how lucky he was and the sub was called for as soon as Scott got up off the ground.

Anyway, good win for us in what I thought might be one of our most awkward games left as we were without 2/3rds of our recent defence. We weren't always solid at the back though Dowie had an excellent game and McKenna, one silly challenge midway through the first half apart, did well filling in. We deserved the win though I thought and particularly could have scored 3 or 4 on the first half. Mark Millar was outstanding yesterday I thought. On a day when lots of players did well he was clearly man of the match for me.

Great set piece for the first goal and Holt should have headed another in soon after. A questionable handball in the build up to Raith's equaliser, a questionable high foot in the build up to our winner. Good match though, I enjoyed it.

The way I saw it was that Nade had acknowledged the foul and he certainly did put his hand towards Russell. I viewed it as though he was going for an apologetic pat on the head/cheek that footballers sometimes do when apologising for a foul (often attempting to avoid a booking). I think Russell actually sat up (probably to look at the ref to see if he had given the foul) at the same time as Nade's hand went towards him thus making the contact. He then proceeded to throw himself back onto the ground holding his face.

Taking the rule book completely literally then there was a raised hand to Russell's face (well a lowered hand seeing as Russell was on the ground!), but there was clearly no malice intended whatsoever and I think the referee dealt with it very well.

If Nade had gone out to hit Russell I think he would have known about it. I suspect the big man's got a better jab on him then even Phil Bardsley.

Nobody can deny she is useless on open all mics but you have had almost 24 hours and your making a bigger numpty of yourself than her.

Yeah cause it's totally the same thing. I forgot it was my job to post correct information on here. How silly of me.

Yeah cause it's totally the same thing. I forgot it was my job to post correct information on here. How silly of me.

Nobody said it was your job, but when coming on to have a go at someone might be best not to make an arse of it yourself.

Nobody said it was your job, but when coming on to have a go at someone might be best not to make an arse of it yourself.

I said she said Paton. Correct.

I said she 100% didn't say Reilly. Also correct.

Unlucky champ.

Palmy_Cammy has summarised it pretty accurately. The only thing that was different was that Nade put BOTH hands on Russell's face. Nade was smiling though and as Cammy says, it was done in a manner as if to say "Aye, that was a foul pal, sorry!". Absolutely no malice whatsoever.

Archived