Queen of the South v's Raith Rovers 14/03/15

Yes, a welcome three points. We started off strongly with a 'shoot on sight' policy that has been a bit absent recently. Scored from a corner, Holty then had a free header than could have went in, playing well, and then we were suddenly back at 1-1. They had a better chance earlier which Zander saved, but it seemed a big shout for handball in the build-up to the equaliser. It was even after that, but we got a goal for sheer persistence, and maybe the high foot cancelled out the hand ball!

I really didn't think it would finish 2-1, both defences were looking shaky, but we did tighten up in the second half. McKenna was playing his first 90 minutes (of the season?) in an unfamiliar position so credit to him for an eventually solid display. Raith had a lot of possession at times and pinged the ball about quite sweetly, but (fortunately for us) their final ball was generally poor. I could hear the groans of frustration emanating from the Raith fans when they inexplicably gave the ball away trying an elaborate pass. I thought that was our speciality!

Millar was tidy throughout, his best game for us, but I thought McShane was steady too - he works a lot harder than Millar. I would have liked that third goal, it made for a somewhat tense end, was that 4 minutes + of injury time?

Hard fought victory, well done.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that can't be said for Russell sadly. I was actually disgusted with him today. He got his free-kick after being fouled by Nade. Nade bent over him and with absolutely no malice put his hands on Russell's face and was clearly going to joke with him as he was smiling! Russell reacts as if he had just been hit with a sledgehammer! Pretty disgraceful stuff.Thankfully the ref wasn't suckered in by it....

Besides that, the p***k should have seen red earlier in the half after throwing an elbow into Russell. The ref looked right at it and have nothing. Useless!

did the Nade incedent happen 1st? If so I'd like to think the ref thought 'Ach well f**k ye there's some karma for you'

Forgot to add I also thought Millar was excellent. Easily his best game for us. Got a standing ovation from myself. Hopefully this is him finally hitting form. Would be a good time for it to happen.

Russell is a perfectly good player for this level. However he is an absolute bellend. Trying to get people sent off is the lowest of the low. Pathetic.

Would agree 100% with you on this, someone needs to have a serious word with him about his antics, or drop him. Embarrassment to the club the way he goes on.

Great 3 points today as Raith played well. Hearts aside they played as well as anyone has at Palmerston this season,they passed the ball well and pressed us hard.

As others have said - a good tough match today with both teams playing some decent stuff.

We definitely created more and deserved the win. Thought Gavin's miss may come back to haunt us but thankfully not.

Some excellent performances - Dowie and Holt very solid at the back, Millar outstanding and MOM, Danny and Paton also doing very well.

Having been disgusted at Chelsea's antics in midweek I was very disapppointed with Ian Russell - as others have said Nade was very sporting throughout the match and Russell's attempts to get him in trouble by rolling around holding his face was embarassing to say the least . Sincerely hope that the Manager has a word about it because most Managers see these things when they are committed by the opposition but tend not to when their own players are involved.

We played the ball around fine, but toothless up front. Not quite as good as Calderon's Spanish riveriera though.

Something that Queens have been guilty of too this season.

I thought Callachan and Vaughan looked good for Raith. Am I right in saying they've come through the youth system?

Something that Queens have been guilty of too this season.

I thought Callachan and Vaughan looked good for Raith. Am I right in saying they've come through the youth system?

Correct, hopefully they won't be lured away, but knowing us we'll bin them.

Was that Sandra?

Ignore her, Davie was on the pitch the whole game.

She went into great detail about Cuthbert taking over in goal at half time and never redressed it............you would be better than her...she's the token female...she's a nightmare and would have been sacked long ago if she was a man.

She went into great detail about Cuthbert taking over in goal at half time and never redressed it............you would be better than her...she's the token female...she's a nightmare and would have been sacked long ago if she was a man.

Aye, she was only employed because of her looks mind.

Russell is a perfectly good player for this level. However he is an absolute bellend. Trying to get people sent off is the lowest of the low. Pathetic.

Your players done a good enough job if trying to get themselves sent off. Some horrible challenges from your team. 11 was lucky not to get a straight red for that tackle on miller and that was after a booking!

She then said midway through the half that "Queens have had the bulk of the possession since the break but haven't really tested Raith Rovers Keeper Cuthbert."

Archived