Scottish Cup Semi-Final Draw.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how the dates are determined? (ie Who goes on the Saturday and the Sunday?)))

'09 SC Semi was a Sunday, 15:00 KO

'12 LC Semi was a Saturday, 15:00 KO

'13 SC Semi was a Saturday, 12:30 KO

So to answer your question...no idea.

'09 SC Semi was a Sunday, 15:00 KO

'12 LC Semi was a Saturday, 15:00 KO

'13 SC Semi was a Saturday, 12:30 KO

So to answer your question...no idea.

Sure that league cup game was on a Sunday. I'm almost certain of it.

We've got 3 slots that the game could be on at, lunchtime on the Sat, lunchtime on the Sun or mid afternoon on the Sun.

In hoping for lunchtime Saturday to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Formidable! Incroyable! Fantastique!

Getting the easiest draw possible is the least we deserve. When you look at our form in the Scottish Cup in recent years we really have been a tour de force in this competition. Our inevitable run to the final this year has been a grand triomphe. Going one step further and getting the cup win our rich form deserves would be the rite de passage story that Scottish football needs.

Sure that league cup game was on a Sunday. I'm almost certain of it.

You are correct Sir.

I make it every time one of the old firm were in the draw, they were the first pick for the (Sky) TV game and that was always on the Sunday.

By that logic, as TLB says I guess we will be on the Saturday. Probably with a fecking 12.30 KO.

Interesting how it's 3 of the same 4 teams from 2013.

Do Hibs fans think they are stronger than 2 years ago?

They had a maverick in those days that they clearly lack now.

Sadly we will probably have to play against that same maverick in the final this year

Of course we played Hibs at 12.30 on the Saturday back then so I guess it will be the same this year.

You are correct Sir.

I make it every time one of the old firm were in the draw, they were the first pick for the (Sky) TV game and that was always on the Sunday.

By that logic, as TLB says I guess we will be on the Saturday. Probably with a fecking 12.30 KO.

Which slot is better than lunchtime Saturday?

You know it won't be 3.00 Saturday so surely this is the best outcome.

Sadly we will probably have to play against that same maverick in the final this year

Of course we played Hibs at 12.30 on the Saturday back then so I guess it will be the same this year.

In the 4-3 (lol) game our defence included Mcpake, Mcgivern and Clancy. Paul Cairney was on the pitch in the first half and played a part in all three goals we conceded. Our squad is easily better now. We've still got our first choice striker to come back as well.

2013:

• 01 Williams
  • 02 Clancy
  • 03 McGivern
  • 04 Hanlon
  • 06 McPake
  • 08 Claros
  • 11 Cairney (Doyle - 46' )
  • 28 Robertson (Handling - 32' )
  • 33 Harris
  • 38 Thomson Booked (Taiwo - 64' )
  • 09 Griffiths

Yesterday:

• 01 Oxley
  • 02 Gray
  • 05 Fontaine
  • 04 Hanlon
  • 16 Stevenson
  • 08 Robertson
  • 20 Allan (Stanton - 64' )
  • 23 McGeouch (Craig - 74' )
  • 22 Fyvie
  • 35 Cummings
  • 24 Malonga (Dja Djedje - 80' )

Not even in question, imo. Obviously it was nice to have Griffiths to dig us out of trouble but the defence in midfield in 2013 was absolutely atrocious.

It doesn't feel like we're anywhere near as big favourites though. The divisional gap gave us the false impression of being much stronger than Falkirk last time. Already seen this season that there's absolutely no reason to see this as an easy tie. Delighted to get the easiest draw (as Falkirk will be) but won't be getting carried away thinking about finals.

Falkirk's team in comparison. 2013:

1 (G) M McGovern 2 (D) K Duffy 3 (D) S Kingsley yellow.26.0.png 4 (D) D Dods 5 (D) J Flynn yellow.26.0.png 6 (M) S Murdoch 8 (M) C McGrandles (79) 10 (M) J Fulton (73) 11 (M) B Alston (64) 7 (F) C Sibbald 9 (F) L Taylor

Friday:

1 (G) J MacDonald 2 (D) K Duffy 5 (D) D McCracken 6 (D) W Vaulks 14 (D) P Grant 7 (M) T Taiwo 8 (M) B Alston (82) 9 (M) D Smith 19 (M) L Leahy (89) 10 (F) C Sibbald 33 (F) R Loy (84)

Not much difference overall between 2013 and now I feel - keeper not as good, defence is better, midfield is a little weaker, Loy v Lyle is a difficult shout.

I do however think Hibs fans are flattering their current team. They may be playing well, but they're playing well in the second tier. The opposition is nothing like as good.

Hibs will be clear favourite - and were marginally better than us in the two games I've seen, but it was pretty close. I wouldn't expect 7 goals this time.

Hibs love to mention the 2013 semi final but upon checking out our team, I wouldn't boast that you were 3-0 down to a team of kids with a defence like that and a manager who was taking charge of his very 1st 90mins at the helm.

In actual fact I think you should pretend the games started at HT or just never mention it.

Archived