My book "KERBY", rated 5-stars

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chap door run? Fucks that about?

The best versions involved putting a milk bottle on their door handle so it slipped off and smashed at their feet when they answered the door

Or

Putting a dog shite on their top step then putting a piece of paper on top and setting it alight so they would stamp on it when they answered.

post-25521-0-92053300-1425822126.jpg

Bought it this morning. Brilliant so far, think everything you've written about I can relate to in some way. Only at chapter four, so looking forward to getting fired through some more tonight.

Bought it this morning. Brilliant so far, think everything you've written about I can relate to in some way. Only at chapter four, so looking forward to getting fired through some more tonight.

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Tried to start as strongly as I could, but I would say it gets better from this point on - chapter 5 seems to be popular from the initial feedback.

You should hopefully have some good stuff to come!

Thanks again for buying it, much obliged.

ETA: oh, and you'll maybe do me a big favour and leave an Amazon review if you enjoy it

Putting a dog shite on their top step then putting a piece of paper on top and setting it alight so they would stamp on it when they answered.

Genuinely done the mutley laugh reading this bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give this book a go as well, been looking for something new to read.

ETA - also, for clarification.

It's kerby pronounced 'Kurby'

Chap door run is also a correct answer.

As is 'gairdies'.

My childhood was not in Scotland (nor the 90's) but a wee town north of Manchester & we played Kerby, so I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there lad.

Interesting read on geographical differences for street Olympics in this thread.

Now chap door run, that was just called Tip Latch.

Also to the lad who chuckled about the shit under the burning newspaper trick didn't bother yo read Paranoid Android's Parking problem thread from a few months back. There's other tricks, I mean helpful advice that he may find useful/amusing should he care to read up on it?

I'm currently reading a book about a bunch of scallies from the merseyside area growing up in the 80's. Which is what lead me to question what did the kids from Kirkby (pronounced Kurby but in a spital intwined scouse accent) call Kerby?

Will put Kerby on my book list.

Grimbo

Archived