My book "KERBY", rated 5-stars

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hmmm, what shall we call this game?"

"Well, people's nicknames are often their name, or part of their name with the suffix 'y'"

"Yeah, why don't we use that basis for naming this game?"

"Well, the game is about throwing the ball with the intention of it rebounding off the corner of a kerb, why don't we call it kerby?"

"Nah, lets just go for 'cribby'"

Don't you mean rebounding off the Edge as the corners would have been butted? together and Cribby sounds like a game of Crib. Kerby IMHO is the correct description, but Kirby may well be more akin to what the kids say I suppose it depends which town or area you come from.

PS. Hope it sells good luck.

Just bought it. Meant to buy it on Monday but being an eternal procrastinator has meant it's a wonder I'm here at all. Can't wait to leave a P&B-related review

Thanks man, really appreciate that. Look forward to the review!

PS. Hope it sells good luck.

Cheers!

Couple of harsh one star reviews I thought.

One a 60-odd year old church elder, not exactly my target audience! Thanks a lot for your review, really appreciate it:

A Tremendous Read

An excellent read, I could genuinely relate to the majority of the tales and chuckled my way through the book as the memories flooded back. Superb.

Brilliant to hear praise like that, makes the whole thing worthwhole knowing someone enjoyed it that much!

That's it bought now. Delivery estimated for Monday.

Thanks a lot, man. Let us know what you think :)

One a 60-odd year old church elder, not exactly my target audience! Thanks a lot for your review, really appreciate it:

A Tremendous Read

An excellent read, I could genuinely relate to the majority of the tales and chuckled my way through the book as the memories flooded back. Superb.

Brilliant to hear praise like that, makes the whole thing worthwhole knowing someone enjoyed it that much!

Not a problem, well worthy of the positive reviews. When do you think you'll get the follow up released...?

I'm sitting reading this on the train through to Edinburgh trying not to laugh. You're basically describing my childhood in the late 80's/early 90's.

I've already snorted to such an extent that my kindle ended up misted in snotter. Ya dick.

Not a problem, well worthy of the positive reviews. When do you think you'll get the follow up released...?

I'm already enthusiastically working on it, tho I honestly couldn't even guess as to when it'll be done. "Kerby" must have taken me 2/3 years, working away on it in stolen moments travelling back from work, late at night, weekends etc. I've got an 18 month old boy, so I'd go months without even opening it, then have furious spells of intense writing when I got the chance.

So following a similar schedule, I'd like to think I could bash it out in the next year or two at the most!

I'm sitting reading this on the train through to Edinburgh trying not to laugh. You're basically describing my childhood in the late 80's/early 90's.

I've already snorted to such an extent that my kindle ended up misted in snotter. Ya dick.

Yaas :lol:

I bought this the other day, it seemed like the cool thing to do.

Not read any of it yet.

Cheers for the 4-star review with the mark off for 'being a Killie fan' :thumsup2 Hopefully you can find it in your cold, cold heart to chuck another star on there if you read and enjoy the book!

I just read it. He dies at the end.

Dude, spoiler alert.

Ordered it just now. No pressure, but I'm expecting greatness.

Thanks, buddy! Hope it doesn't disappoint...

Very much enjoyed it. Assumed it would be shit seen as this is pie and bovril but was very impressed. I'm not quite a 90s kid and I did most of my growing up in the early noughties but plenty I could still relate too

P.S. I've actually scored a Hat-trick at Rugby park so yeah........

Very much enjoyed it. Assumed it would be shit seen as this is pie and bovril but was very impressed. I'm not quite a 90s kid and I did most of my growing up in the early noughties but plenty I could still relate too

P.S. I've actually scored a Hat-trick at Rugby park so yeah........

Good to hear mate, thanks. Would you do us a huge favour and leave an Amazon review? They're a huge help.

PS. Jammy git!

• 2 weeks later...

Being born within a few months of me, this resonates deeply. It's immature as f**k but I was decked when reminded about dropping your gay card etc. What a horrible bunch of c***s children are.

Haha glad you enjoyed it. If you get a chance to leave an Amazon review that would be brilliant!

Archived