My book "KERBY", rated 5-stars

Chaps,

I've just released my first book, "KERBY: Funny tales from a 1990's Scottish childhood"

It's about growing up. In Scotland. In the 1990s. And it's hopefully quite funny. If any P&Bers want to check it out, you can buy the paperback for the princely sum of £5.99 and pre-order the eBook (available Sunday 08/03) for a mere 1.99 over at Amazon - http://tinyurl.com/pfg3t7n - where you'll also get a short description of it.

There's also a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KERBYbookwhich you could maybe throw a wee Like, if you're feeling generous. There's some content on there which gives a flavour of the book.

Obligatory P&B stuff: Anyone else ever published a book? Where did you grow up? Did you have a childhood? Etc.

ETA: Sample chapter

KERBY - sample chapter.pdf

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That it was published via Amazon's vanity publishing tool CreateSpace doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the end product.

The dreadful cover by Bruce Mack even less so - you'd have been better off using a photo of a football and Irn Bru bottle.

But please, thrill us with a sample chapter - after all, never judge a book by the arsewipe of a cover.

That it was published via Amazon's vanity publishing tool CreateSpace doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the end product.

The dreadful cover by Bruce Mack even less so - you'd have been better off using a photo of a football and Irn Bru bottle.

Aside from that though, did you like your first impressions?

<<< verge of brilliance
By A Childress on 5 Mar. 2015
Format: Paperback
A fantastic book that leaves other titles scrambling for relevance. Johnston's prose is extremely pleasing and you would have to be an utter cockwomble not to enjoy it.
Eoin Doyle is a tit.
10/10

:lol:

Aside from that though, did you like your first impressions?

Reckon it's a dead cert that 8MileBU wouldn't be allowed in any bookstores stocking copies as he'd show an irresistable urge to fling them at anyone in range. Anyone running up two fake Amazon accounts to praise their own book to the skies is admitting it's utter shite.

Obligatory P&B stuff: Anyone else ever published a book? Where did you grow up? Did you have a childhood? Etc.

The two P&B books that I've read have been written by DundeeBarry and Kierkegaard. Both good yarns and both very different in style and subject-matter.

I was very happy to buy both books, mainly because they are/were long-standing posters.

As for you? The only contribution I've ever seen you make to P&B is when you said, "Rangers fans helping give Manchester city centre a makeover."

I can only conclude from this that you're a derivative, abject apology of a poster and your book will be of the same ilk.

<<< verge of brilliance

By A Childress on 5 Mar. 2015

Format: Paperback

A fantastic book that leaves other titles scrambling for relevance. Johnston's prose is extremely pleasing and you would have to be an utter cockwomble not to enjoy it.

Eoin Doyle is a tit.

10/10

:lol:

Yaaas :lol:

The two P&B books that I've read have been written by DundeeBarry and Kierkegaard. Both good yarns and both very different in style and subject-matter.

I was very happy to buy both books, mainly because they are/were long-standing posters.

As for you? The only contribution I've ever seen you make to P&B is when you said, "Rangers fans helping give Manchester city centre a makeover."

I can only conclude from this that you're a derivative, abject apology of a poster and your book will be of the same ilk.

You should read some of my other posts. They're just as bad.

And in all seriousness should read the work of other P&B author TeckleBooks, who wrote Clubbed To Death.

Archived