Easthouses Lilly v Spartans EOS

If you actually look at the aims of the academy you'll realise that producing fantastic footballers isn't within its remit:

http://www.spartanscfa.com/about/

The Spartans Community Football Academy is a registered company limited by guarantee. The Academy is also a registered charity and not for profit organisation. Our vision is:

to be a valued organisation in North Edinburgh by re-defining whats possible for a Football Club in terms of community engagement and participation, by delivering a positive social impact through the power of people and sport.

Underneath our vision and aspirations for the future sits a number of specific key social aims and objectives which drive our organisation, namely, to:

■provide new opportunities for more people to participate in sport and recreational activities.

■provide learning and development opportunities for people.

■have a positive impact on social targets such as health improvement, increased employment opportunities and crime reduction.

■help strengthen community cohesion by becoming a focal point for a range of community based activities and programmes.

Our core values are important to us, they sit at the heart of our business and everything we do. They are:

■Integrity we are open, honest, reliable and stay true to our social aims and objectives.

■Respect for All we respect each other and and everyone we deal with at all times.

■Customer Excellence we aim to deliver services and products which make our customers smile and want to tell their friends about us.

■Honour Uniqueness we embrace the fact we are different and have different MAPs of the world.

■Innovation we adopt a can do mindset, a solutions based approach which actively looks for creative solutions to any opportunities and challenges we face.

■Inclusion we welcome and open our doors to everyone in our community and beyond.

If we get too bogged down in 'producing players' then the wider benefit of the academy and the great work they do will be lost. Even if Spartans never have a 'home produced' player, the academy can still be a wonderful success. It's just a pity we don't have more of the great people at Spartans........

MDM... You still going to go on record as having no connection to Spartans? Spazzy

Dickies a good guy really!

Sounds like he was still caught in the heat of the moment from the game!

But everyone knows what to expect when you play Easthouses and im sure the so called "gang" reputation will not bother Easthouses one bit if they go on to win the league!

Pablo

Why the feck did you feel the need to go trawling through my posts to find something that, if taken out of context would make me look like a Spartans fan? I feel violated! :o

The post you w*nk'd over was actually correcting some people's perception that Spartans was failing because they hadn't produced enough players for the Lowland League side - I was pointing out that their remit isn't all about producing players.

I admire the Spartans set up and what they've achieved but I'll say again, I have no affiliation to the club whatsoever.

Also, can you answer a second question, what does 'spazzy' mean - it isn't listed in my dictionary.

Archived