Easthouses Lilly v Spartans EOS

Was doing a bit a radio channel hopping driving home and found a station that came up as BDFM. Listened to a guy called 'Dickson' who was talking to the host who is called Russell.

Anyway, Dickson claims that last Saturday's game between Easthouses and Spartans EOS team was a disgrace that brings nothing but shame to the the East of Scotland League - thanks to Easthouses!

He totally destroyed the home team and claimed that they kicked Spartans off the pitch when they went behind 2-1, and because the ref was young and intimidated by the Easthouses players, they got away with it.

According to Dickson there were no handshakes exchanged after the game between the players or management such was the bad feeling, and also claimed that the 'big lad' that played up front for Easthouses actually apologised for his teams conduct during the game, and he was then substituted. "Probably because he apologised" claimed Dickson.

Dickson also claimed that none of the Spartans party went back for the after match refreshments because the ill feeling was so strong.

I know Easthouses have always been a tough challenge to any oponent, but to hear Dickson claim that they were thugs who were throwing in the tackles all over the pitch makes me wonder if they've lost the plot? Dickson tells us that when Spartans were in the Juniors even teams like Fauldhouse behaved themselves and conducted themselves in the right way - in fact if Easthouses tried their nonsense in the Juniors they'd be thrown out.

Unbelievebly, Russell even tried to blame the young referee before Dickson confirmed that even though the lad was poor, Easthouses should be ashamed for their part and for taking advantage of the ref's inexperience. He claimed the ref blew for time asap and then ran to the changing rooms - he looked petrified!

All in all Dickson gave Easthouses a right going-over.......

I have no connection to either team, the EOS league or the referee but I have to say, after listening to Dickson, thankfully I have no connection!

Was at the game on sat as lads were down at Coldstream, was not a dirty game at all, if anything easthouses should have been awarded 3 penalties in first half, the lad on the radio can't take getting beat, best team won in the end, there wasn't a bad tackle in the game, also ref played around 6 mins injury time for Spartans to try get level, absolute sour grapes. This lad has let himself and Spartans fc down, ridiculous!

???????????? someone has just worked out that Easthouses lily are a gang. Of course they are, but they can also play football, just a pity that the Spartans boys can do neither, they need to stop living off the Lowland teams success and realise they are a shit Junior side that cant compete.

Spartans and stirling get away with moving their lowland league players down to EOS when suits and expect to win ,,,but it aint they easy!!!!!!!

i have seen easthouses a few times and yes they don't play Pretty football or a passing game like Leith or Lthv ,,but they are a very large physical team with a few decent players

they play the long ball game and at corners ,throwins , free kicks they are deadly as they have the height ( and weight ) advantage over most teams but it works for them so good luck to them ,,,,it would be boring if all teams played the same way,,,,,but lets just blame the ref lol

Am an ex lily player and played in the 2-2 game at ainslie park earlier in the season.the amount of bitching that comes from the spartans players to the referee was ridiculous.football is a physical game but they lads think they should be covered in bubble wrap,end of the day they're not up for the battle and that's why the lily always get one over them.they got beat by a better team so move on and get over it!!!

You know its bad when everyone is talking about how they would hate for Easthouses Lily to be representing the EOS as league champions.

Without their bullying of referees and underhand tactics they wouldnt be where they are today #naetalent #gang #wouldratherplayforhawick

Rap baget(good read gav :))

Did easthouses not take a hibs reserve team to the final day last season? Beating them 4-1 at home before losing 2-0 away? Spartans are possibly the worst side I've seen for moaning at referees when the game isn't going their way. They should maybe play amateur level? Some of them would look decent... Fairies!

I have seen most teams in this league this season ,

cant say I agree with teams pulling players down fro the lowland league teams though ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Leith have an under 20 and 21s they pull up from which helps them as they will prob win the league

Eathouses are without doubt the worst footballing team ive seen but ive yet to see them lose !!!!

footy is about results so it works for them so deal with it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was down at the game on Saturday,

Have to say I agree with points on both sides. The ref did have a shocker for BOTH teams. There were a couple bookable tackles that went unpunished and then a couple 'handbag' moments where the ref chose to bring the book out.

Lily should of had at least 1 pen in the 1st half however they got the rub of the green for their 2nd equaliser after a clear push.

Fine margins decided this game, could of went either way in my opinion and Lily got their goals at the right time.

Easthouses are like ormiston it would seem...

You just cant let go, can you?

Why dont you let your hands and feet do the talking rather than go on forums and make a complete fool of yourself with some of your obscure comments and posts...........................'imbecile'

What did your player get headbutted for? Being a dirty b*****d part of the reason u put him upfront...

Lol, your a tool of the highest order.

Did you not take part in the game, he was moved upfront because he pulled a calf muscle and is still currently out injured?

You castigate Ormiston at every opportunity, is this because they werent interested in a keeper of your very limited ability.

Easthouses have always been a big physical team especially on their own pitch. Whats wrong with playing to their strength?

Other teams need to cope with it or find a new sport. Not every team can play attractive passing football

From reading this page i gather that Spartans EoS team are intimidated by the physical presence of Easthouses? Fair enough, but to make excuses about ref etc is embarrassing. If you're a shitebag dont play the game. All the best to Easthouses for the way they play, makes it entertaining. Too many teams think they're hard done by these days.

Archived