Morton v Forfar Pathetic

I didn't blame the referee for anything. I said it was the pivotal point in the game, and team selection aside, it was.

I already made the point in the pub that I don't agree that Templeman destroyed anyone. He did nothing of note other than go down for a penalty. I don't think we were especially outplayed at any point in the game either.

The important thing is that Morton were rotten and didn't deserve anything from that match.

Aye I have no idea why I interpreted your post that way, still pished I think.

Definitely disagree on Templeman though, comfortably the best player on the park.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know photos aren't always accurate and can give the wrong impression but it does look here that the challenge from the Morton defender for the penalty is clumsy. Video should clear it up for sure.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1425811643.470936.jpg

It was a clear penalty and all the abuse directed at the referee for it should've been directed at Sean Crighton for being an utterly hopeless donkey.

I now know what it feels like to be you every week

In fact it's a bit odd to see you posting after we win

Yet it appears I've got more faith in some of our players than you. Like Campbell you need to give them more of a chance.

3-4-3 at the end with Forbes at left CB, O'Ware and Scullion as CMs, Russell and Kilday as wingers. What an absolute shambles that was. Whilst the players certainly take a large share of the blame for yesterday, the complete and utter tactical ineptitude shown by Duffy yesterday is another reminder that regardless of how well we do this season, we simply cannot keep that absolute cretin in employment next season. With the players available to us, especially the strike force, we should not be losing 2-0 at home. Simple as that.

ETA: There's just something so utterly soul-destroying about our players doing this:

B_kofKUXAAEpEqu.png

That's not really what happened...

When Gaston had the ball, Forbes dropped in to form a 3 at the back alongside Crighton and Milojevic. O'Ware sat just in front of the defence, which was stupid, because the entire rest of the squad had pushed right up: Kilday to a sort of RM position, Russell as an attacking left winger, Scullion sitting behind McManus and Caldwell, and Jamie McCluskey fannying about anywhere he wanted. That was how we ended up, a completely chaotic performance which lacked any sort of composure or coherence.

Who was the big number 8 for Forfar? Thought he had a good game as did number 11 I think it was. Only player to get pass marks for us is Gaston, everyone else was rotten. We really need to drop O'Ware back to centre half for Crighton and actually play a centre mid in the right position. Forbes done alright when he came on, not too sure why he was dropped. Pepper didn't look sharp at all.

A competent professional football club would be giving Dim Duffy his jotters tomorrow morning for setting up that utterly shambolic team, seemingly built around the non-existent creative talents of the McCluskey brothers. All of the outfield players were dreadful, Duffy waited too long to change things and then took off Caldwell rather than that fucking useless sand-dancer who stole ninety minutes on that park. Pathetic display all round.

Forfar on the other hand fully deserved the win and were probably about as good as in their first win over us at Station Park. Safe to say that the inquest into why that useless slaphead is still running first-team matters, picking the McCluskeys, dropping Forbes, dropping Lamie for the Milojevic-Crighton bombscare partnership etc. is going to take up most of the attention though, and deservedly so.

Convenient that the .org site is down again this afternoon, to cover the fail of Duffy's increasingly vocal band of fluffers and happy-clappers.

A competent professional football club would be giving Dim Duffy his jotters tomorrow morning for setting up that utterly shambolic team, seemingly built around the non-existent creative talents of the McCluskey brothers. All of the outfield players were dreadful, Duffy waited too long to change things and then took off Caldwell rather than that fucking useless sand-dancer who stole ninety minutes on that park. Pathetic display all round.

Forfar on the other hand fully deserved the win and were probably about as good as in their first win over us at Station Park. Safe to say that the inquest into why that useless slaphead is still running first-team matters, picking the McCluskeys, dropping Forbes, dropping Lamie for the Milojevic-Crighton bombscare partnership etc. is going to take up most of the attention though, and deservedly so.

Convenient that the .org site is down again this afternoon, to cover the fail of Duffy's increasingly vocal band of fluffers and happy-clappers.

Was that you I saw & chatted to on the train to Glasgow yesterday vT?

Who was the big number 8 for Forfar? Thought he had a good game as did number 11 I think it was. Only player to get pass marks for us is Gaston, everyone else was rotten. We really need to drop O'Ware back to centre half for Crighton and actually play a centre mid in the right position. Forbes done alright when he came on, not too sure why he was dropped. Pepper didn't look sharp at all.

Number 8 was Iain Campbell (normally a left back not centre midfield) and 11 was Gavin Malin

Archived