The same old same old topic

Bul21402

Clubs

And the daft post award goes to bankies alive.

If the majority of clubs were reliant on gate money the fixture situation would have been sorted out long ago.The fact that it hasn't been speaks volumes as to how important it is to the majority of clubs.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your gripe with '1club 1 vote'?

My gripe is that the top clubs in the Juniors are hamstrung by being outvoted by clubs who have different priorities as far as finance goes.

Clubs at the top end are trying to compete as semi pro clubs whilst the rest (the majority) are basically amateur clubs run by a couple of folk and watched by crowds of less than 30.

I`m not having a go at the hard working folk at the smaller clubs btw but they are totally different.

Fixtures , particularly in West region, are once again a joke

I believe it is now 7 games away from home for Cumnock with us being away to Medda on Saturday

This is having a massive drain on the clubs income as we are missing out on sponsors for games , income from the catering at the pie shop, half time raffles, programmes etc etc and with this coming up on here regularly, I would like to see if the posters on here would be able to get behind the following two points to see if we can change things to stop this happening

1) other clubs ( officially) who would be happy to put something together to be put on the agenda at the West AGM. To see about removing the current fixtures man, Scott Robertson from his post

2) can any of the Techi minded guys or gals on here, come up with a way of doing a full fixture list for a season as the current situation where we are regularly getting 1 weeks notice of fixtures is costing the clubs in particular and the junior game in general a fortune in lost revenue

I know that there are many people out there who could draw up a fixture list formula that would work as I often

Marvel at some of the absolutely brilliant stats and charts that are put on here

These two points need to be looked at as the situation is now getting beyond control and the old chestnuts " it's a difficult job" & " don't fancy trying to do it " etc etc are now wearing a bit thin

Bottom line, the guy is doing a terrible job and it needs to change

Here you go:

http://www.fixturelist.com/createalist1.php

My gripe is that the top clubs in the Juniors are hamstrung by being outvoted by clubs who have different priorities as far as finance goes.

Clubs at the top end are trying to compete as semi pro clubs whilst the rest (the majority) are basically amateur clubs run by a couple of folk and watched by crowds of less than 30.

I`m not having a go at the hard working folk at the smaller clubs btw but they are totally different.

Are these the same clubs who voted to allow your club back into the junior ranks in 2003-04?

You mentioned us getting into Junior football as if the clubs were doing us a favour?

All I`m saying is that they`ve all done well out of us being in the Juniors.Thats not arrogance its a fact.

I'll ask you again , this 'one club , one vote' question you raised. What is it you actually want?

If a club has less than 30 fans at a game & only 2 committee men , are they not worthy of a vote?

Seriously?

Every post you've made on this thread is arrogant in the extreme & insulting to lots of people who devote all their time & energy to the junior game.

This is junior football. Your club have been in our ranks for over 10 years now. You're obviously still trying to get your head round the fact that your not in the seniors anymore. It's not junior footballs fault that your club ended up playing at this level. It's not junior footballs fault that you haven't had your own stadium for 20 years. It's not junior footballs fault thats you have illusions of grandeur.

Maybe you should look a bit closer to home to vent your frustration at where your club is today.

The frustration is that change is needed for the bigger clubs in Junior football but they cant be made because the tail wags the dog.

Your quote "this is junior football" just sums up the bad attitude that will eventually lead to its demise.

The frustration is that change is needed for the bigger clubs in Junior football but they cant be made because the tail wags the dog.

Your quote "this is junior football" just sums up the bad attitude that will eventually lead to its demise.

I've suggested radical changes to junior football on this forum on countless occasions , & had a few heated debates with fellow posters re summer football etc.

For you to accuse me of having a bad attitude is laughable , but not surprising.

I'm still waiting for an answer to the question that was raised by yourself.

Should smaller clubs not have a say in the running of our game?

Reading between the lines your suggesting that they shouldn't.

I think your actually arrogant enough to finally say 'yes, they shouldn't have a say'.

Go on , get it out of your system.

The majority of clubs are all but amateur and don't really care about things like fixtures or gate money because it makes no difference to them.

I did notice that they were all distraught with hundreds of Bankies fans turning up at their grounds....

Even contradicts himself.

Case closed.

Most set ups now recognise that the smaller clubs shouldn't have the same say as the top clubs.There's usually a graded voting system in place as is the case in the SPFL and the English Football League.

The Super League clubs don't want year round 2pm kick offs and want better fixture arranging along with an increase in the gate prices.Why haven't they got them?

The top league is too small but the only way to fix it would be to do away with the Ayrshire District League an have all in West Region Leagues.This was actually voted for but because the West secretary didn't want it he found a technicality and got his pals to make sure all the small clubs voted it down on a re-vote.You couldn't make it up!!

Archived