The same old same old topic

Bul21402

Fixtures , particularly in West region, are once again a joke

I believe it is now 7 games away from home for Cumnock with us being away to Medda on Saturday

This is having a massive drain on the clubs income as we are missing out on sponsors for games , income from the catering at the pie shop, half time raffles, programmes etc etc and with this coming up on here regularly, I would like to see if the posters on here would be able to get behind the following two points to see if we can change things to stop this happening

1) other clubs ( officially) who would be happy to put something together to be put on the agenda at the West AGM. To see about removing the current fixtures man, Scott Robertson from his post

2) can any of the Techi minded guys or gals on here, come up with a way of doing a full fixture list for a season as the current situation where we are regularly getting 1 weeks notice of fixtures is costing the clubs in particular and the junior game in general a fortune in lost revenue

I know that there are many people out there who could draw up a fixture list formula that would work as I often

Marvel at some of the absolutely brilliant stats and charts that are put on here

These two points need to be looked at as the situation is now getting beyond control and the old chestnuts " it's a difficult job" & " don't fancy trying to do it " etc etc are now wearing a bit thin

Bottom line, the guy is doing a terrible job and it needs to change

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will continue to happen so long as the clubs put up with it, which for some bizarre reason they do season in season out by continuing to do zero but moan.

As for "can any of the Techi minded guys or gals on here, come up with a way of doing a full fixture list for a season" - you're kidding, right? There's been programs knocking around for free since the days of the bloody Sinclair Spectrum. In fact, didn't the old Paisley Tech release a book with the code for a computer program for sports clubs to organise fixture lists, keep league tables, even draw knockout cup contests taking into account byes, seeding, etc.

It's safe to say there has to be freeware ones doing the rounds somewhere for modern & not so modern PCs.

Fixtures , particularly in West region, are once again a joke

I believe it is now 7 games away from home for Cumnock with us being away to Medda on Saturday

This is having a massive drain on the clubs income as we are missing out on sponsors for games , income from the catering at the pie shop, half time raffles, programmes etc etc and with this coming up on here regularly, I would like to see if the posters on here would be able to get behind the following two points to see if we can change things to stop this happening

1) other clubs ( officially) who would be happy to put something together to be put on the agenda at the West AGM. To see about removing the current fixtures man, Scott Robertson from his post

2) can any of the Techi minded guys or gals on here, come up with a way of doing a full fixture list for a season as the current situation where we are regularly getting 1 weeks notice of fixtures is costing the clubs in particular and the junior game in general a fortune in lost revenue

I know that there are many people out there who could draw up a fixture list formula that would work as I often

Marvel at some of the absolutely brilliant stats and charts that are put on here

These two points need to be looked at as the situation is now getting beyond control and the old chestnuts " it's a difficult job" & " don't fancy trying to do it " etc etc are now wearing a bit thin

Bottom line, the guy is doing a terrible job and it needs to change

7 games away from home bul

townhead will b in good nik☺

I have the email address of our fixture secretary if you wish ;)

The Lowland league have the same problems with the weather and priority cup competitions. Although with the majority of the clubs having floodlights the fixture pile up is a lot less.

I have the email address of our fixture secretary if you wish ;)

The Lowland league have the same problems with the weather and priority cup competitions. Although with the majority of the clubs having floodlights the fixture pile up is a lot less.

Fixture pile up is 1 thing but say having 3 or 4 games on the trot within 10 days all at home is no good with getting programmes etc ready. Hence struggling to make any sort of money is a problem

There are certain teams that have have 2/3 games at home in a row. Its seriously needs looked at and sorted. If possible it should be one away then one at home. I do know that cup ties come in to play etc. But Surely it must be looked at to do a fixture list if not for the season but for a month or 2 in advance. There will be a list of dates for the scottish published at the start of the season so work round these date with league games.... DEFO NEEDS SORTED A.S.AP

Will repeat, who wants to do it? who wants to lead the charge in gaining enough support for change-not a soul.

Will the West region committee change things- no.

No point coming on here complaining.

If a group of influential clubs did want to do something about it then how would they go about it?

The majority of clubs are all but amateur and don't really care about things like fixtures or gate money because it makes no difference to them.

Whilst its 1 club 1 vote nothing will ever change.

Why wouldn't the majority of clubs care about fixtures & gate money?

Archived