Stuart McGrady- please help

connolly81

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how the football community can pull together to help people, as I found out myself earlier in the season.

Hopefully a lot can be raised.

Who says football is just a game!

excellent thank you. I've called on all junior clubs for a minutes applause on Saturday also all players to get a whip round in the dressing rooms where the money raised goes to the club Secretary at each club who I'm asking to be passed on to maybole juniors so the monies raised can be passed on to the family directly. All the help I can get to spread the word and make this happen at as many grounds on Saturday will be hugely appreciated. The junior family coming together to help one of our own has been tremendous so far but if we pull together and get as many clubs involved as possible on Saturday would be amazing. Stuarts sister Stacy has said to me the family are overwhelmed by the support the family have been given so far. What I'm asking isn't much IMO. On Saturday even if each player puts £1 in that will be amazing. Please help spread the word guys

JC

Jon our game was off yesterday but had our sportsmanship dinner last night and had a collection the money collected will be forwarded from wishaw juniors fc

Jon our game was off yesterday but had our sportsmanship dinner last night and had a collection the money collected will be forwarded from wishaw juniors fc

superb Alec mate well done to all #gentlemen

Auchinleck Talbot will hold a bucket lift at our next avaliable home league game, sorry if its a bit late but the money will be sent on

never too late mate. We will be same at vale of Clyde hopefully Saturday coming against bellshill

The players of Ardrossan Winton Rovers all donated on Saturday. The club will be putting out donation buckets at this Saturdays
local derby at Winton Park against Saltcoats
I would ask posters to keep adding comments every day to keep this topic in a prominent position on the board or if the mods could
fix it at the top for a month.

Can only say that it was a great gesture by our friends at Irvine Meadow on Saturday to have the bucket collection and an impeccably observed minutes silence for a really nice, down to earth guy like Stuart

Thanks go out to Medda and their fans

I was expecting a minutes applause at Blair Park on Saturday but nevertheless the minutes silence was adhered to impeccably.

As I've previously posted the service for Stuart is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2pm at Masonhill crematorium in Ayr.

Everyone is respectfully invited so please attend if able to even those that didn't know Stuart.

Just wanted to say that it was a great turnout from all the junior boys today at Stuart's funeral! It was great to see so many boys from a variety of clubs there to pay there respect to Stuart and his family! It just shows you how well he was thought of and the heart of gold he had!!

Just wanted to say that it was a great turnout from all the junior boys today at Stuart's funeral! It was great to see so many boys from a variety of clubs there to pay there respect to Stuart and his family! It just shows you how well he was thought of and the heart of gold he had!!

Can only echo those thoughts and it was , by far, the most people I have Ever seen at a service there, which only illustrates how Stuart connected with so many people in the football world, in his work and also as a friend / neighbour.

We were all very privileged to have known him as he was a lovely, down to earth guy

RIP Stuart

Archived