Premier League B team Plan in England

There is nothing to stop anybody else applying and entering a B side.

That's correct and infact Edinburgh City also intended to retain an EOS team but resigned during the summer of 2013, and Selkirk applied to join for this season but were unsuccessful. But it'd be hard for most to put a team into the EOS League due to the ground criteria... most back pitches or amateur parks won't comply. Spartans 3G pitch allows them to hold lots of games (sometimes on the Friday night if both LL & EOSL sides are at home), while Stirling use Gannochy with the LL team having moved to Forthbank.

I also haven't seen any guidance stating who can and can't obtain promotion.

As I say, apparently they can't move into the pro game levels (i.e. HL/LL/SPFL).

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has that actually been confirmed? The lack of readily-accessible available information on the subject is alarming.

EoS (or SoS) ground standards are pretty basic, I'm sure Hibs used their training ground last season IIRC.

I'm sure I'd read it somewhere, aye... As you allude it would be good if say the SFA would set out the various rules in full.

Hibs did use East Mains - but it's an enclosed venue (the whole facility).

Most of the U20s and Amateurs that I listed play on back pitches or open parks, although a few LL do use their main park (e.g EK).

Anyway this is a bit of a tangent. Hibs are perhaps an interesting point - on relegation the Board decided to quit EOSL, not Development League.

Fair enough, I will take your words at face value. It is pretty ridiculous that there an awful lot of fans who seen unaware as to the eventualities of even promotion/relegation between the various tiers.

There is still scope for various sides to enter a B team, regardless. I'm sure plenty of SPFL or even Lowland League teams could arrange a suitable venue. That said, I am not in favour of the concept in the first place and hope this does not creep into the system.

Archived