Scotland Squad for N.Ireland and Gibraltar

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they'd give a shit.

Scotland is hardly unique in having fans with that type of opinion.

That being said, I have no idea how they would react. I'm sure the joke would be they'd be fine with anyone as long as they were "British". I was only playing on that stereotype.

ETA: For reference, it's not just fans, a prospective FIFA president as well has held this type of view - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/portugal/3795885.stm

There are plenty of instances of this all around the world.

Is there always anti English weirdos kicking about this section of the forum?

Yeah there does tend to be the odd 50 thousand of them hiding at hampden. You might have heard them

Anti-english when our 2 countries meet. No animosity towards the average english person. Obviously everyone is judged on an individual basis but when the 2 countries meet it is hatred.

Would you go on to a celtic forum and state 'Is there always people who dislike rangers kicking about this forum?'

Yeah there does tend to be the odd 50 thousand of them hiding at hampden. You might have heard them

You still wanting to tell folk what their nationality is and be the self appointed judge of "national identity"?

You still wanting to tell folk what their nationality is and be the self appointed judge of "national identity"?

The guy just stated he is english! What more tests do you want to carry out? Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Do you start lecturing fans on ethics every time a deafening booing of gstq happens? What do you do when the england fans start shouting out anti-scottish songs? lol Not everyone lives in your sterile, PC world sonny boy

England are and always will be our biggest footballing rivals. Deal with it

The guy just stated he is english! What more tests do you want to carry out? Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Do you start lecturing fans on ethics every time a deafening booing of gstq happens? What do you do when the england fans start shouting out anti-scottish songs? lol Not everyone lives in your sterile, PC world sonny boy

England are and always will be our biggest footballing rivals. Deal with it

He also said he's Scottish, I realise that will utterly wreck your limited thought process on this matter, but there you go. :)

I tend just to cringe when folk start booing national anthems tbh.

It's quite possible to recognise England as being our rivals without behaving like an identity fascist, you just choose not to.

He also said he's Scottish

That's really all there is to it tbh. Straight from WGS mouth, he said he asked him and he said he was. His dad is scottish FFS this isn't even some great granny rule. If my dad was English and I was born here I'd call myself Scottish but half English too. There's plenty of people that live in Scotland kicking about saying they're an eighth Irish FFS which means they support Ireland when they play. :lol:

The outrage this call up has produced from some folk is just mental.

He also said he's Scottish, I realise that will utterly wreck your limited thought process on this matter, but there you go. :)

It's quite possible to recognise England as being our rivals without behaving like an identity fascist, you just choose not to.

What's fascist about booing a vile, imperialist song? I detest gstq and will boo it every time.

I don't hate every english person obviously, that would be ridiculous but when Scotland play England the pelters will be flying.

What's fascist about booing a vile, imperialist song? I detest gstq and will boo it every time.

I don't hate every english person obviously, that would be ridiculous but when Scotland play England the pelters will be flying.

Fucking hell, nothing, are you always this slow? Boo it if you like, I agree it's a horrid song, booing anthems is just a bit cringey imo.

What I was referring to is your disturbing willingness to decide who and who isn't Scottish. "ZERO NATIONAL IDENTITY!!1!!1!"

Fucking hell, nothing, are you always this slow? Boo it if you like, I agree it's a horrid song, booing anthems is just a bit cringey imo.

What I was referring to is your disturbing willingness to decide who and who isn't Scottish. "ZERO NATIONAL IDENTITY!!1!!1!"

Deal with it

According to this http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/24/statistics/assistsRitchie has the most assists in the Championship.Don't have a problem with Strachan calling him up. Snoddy was on Off The Ball with Strachan a few weeks ago, he said the Scottish players have a bit of banter with the *ahem* Southern born guys, if the players and manager don't have a problem with it then the fans shouldn't in all honesty.

Germany, Spain, France, England ect all take advantage of the rule so if its good enough for them its certainly good enough for us. As long as everyone, including Scottish born players, give 100% in a Scotland jersey it shouldn't matter where they are born.

I have no issue with english born players at all. The problem is with players who consider themselves english (or any other nationality other than scottish)

Big Don Hutchison is a prime example of an english born player who always considered himself scottish. Love that guy

I won't be giving ritchie any stick obviously but I just think the situation is absurd

Idiotic nonsense. Are you an identity fascist if you boo Morton? Laughable.

Archived