West of Scotland draw

KR88

I keep on being asked who we have in the west of Scotland cup and I can't answer it to the point that I'm getting pissed off with being asked .

How fucking hard can it be to make a draw for what's supposed to be the west of Scotland regions second most important cup? ( a whole two minutes of the idiots who are in charge out their lives) ; if I was a sponsor I would have fled ten years ago .

Likewise how fucking hard can it be to give teams a game against one another before they play twice and some teams not to have faced one another at all?

I'm sorry but these idiots In charge are killing our game when we are craving people to attend.

From a very disgruntled beith fan.

My point exactly mate! How can clubs, especially the smaller clubs with less of fan base, try to get people and sponsors to a game when we don't know who we are playing week to week! The scottish always took priority due to the fact that it had a main sponsor now we don't even have that! Although that draw was conducted pretty quickly! I wonder why?? Don't know if there is any point in moaning to be honest because I honestly believe they couldn't give a shit about clubs or fans so long as they are ok! Poor state of affairs!

My point exactly mate! How can clubs, especially the smaller clubs with less of fan base, try to get people and sponsors to a game when we don't know who we are playing week to week! The scottish always took priority due to the fact that it had a main sponsor now we don't even have that! Although that draw was conducted pretty quickly! I wonder why?? Don't know if there is any point in moaning to be honest because I honestly believe they couldn't give a shit about clubs or fans so long as they are ok! Poor state of affairs!

I will take you back to 1991/1992 mate and It was pollok v beith juniors at Somervell park in cambuslang in the west of Scotland cup final and we drew 0-0 after 90 minutes and the game went to extra time and billy Muir ( ex kilbirnie scored via a deflection ) to defeat us 1-0 despite ourselves being the far superior team and all neutrals in attendance couldn't believe just how much we were mugged.

But this isn't my grievance ;

My grievance is that the west of Scotland cup was sponsored greatly by whyte & McCkay whisky back then and after the game there was a spread at tables that resembled a wedding and every table had bottles of whisky from the sponsors and it was an amazing looking spread..................

Until our legendary manager Dennis gray and our players turned up and were ushered into a tiny wee room and were offered only half a pie each for their efforts whilst the beaks lorded it up in the suite with the first class food and full bottles of whyte and McCkay whisky to entertain their purple noses.

Thankfully Dennis gray told them to shove their hospitality and our squad all left in disgust after being treated like second class citizens.

I was only a thirteen year old boy back then but I would be astonished if anythings really changed even now.

I will take you back to 1991/1992 mate and It was pollok v beith juniors at Somervell park in cambuslang in the west of Scotland cup final and we drew 0-0 after 90 minutes and the game went to extra time and billy Muir ( ex kilbirnie scored via a deflection ) to defeat us 1-0 despite ourselves being the far superior team and all neutrals in attendance couldn't believe just how much we were mugged.

My grievance is that the west of Scotland cup was sponsored greatly by whyte & McCkay whisky back then and after the game there was a spread at tables that resembled a wedding and every table had bottles of whisky from the sponsors and it was an amazing looking spread..................

Until our legendary manager Dennis gray and our players turned up and were ushered into a tiny wee room and were offered only half a pie each for their efforts whilst the beaks lorded it up in the suite with the first class food and full bottles of whyte and McCkay whisky to entertain their purple noses.

Thankfully Dennis gray told them to shove their hospitality and our squad all left in disgust after being treated like second class citizens.

I was only a thirteen year old boy back then but I would be astonished if anythings really changed even now.

I doubt much will have changed mate! Just have to look at where the scottish draw was held to see that! They can't even get a proper sponsor for that! Although it is fantastic to promote a charity on your biggest cup it doesn't exactly bring in funds for the juniors which is needed! You really could go on and on!

I don't think you were mugged that day, reasonably even and the Billy popped up with a nice goal which caused the Beith crowd to have a melt down and the 2 police in attendance quickly had to call for back up. Thankfully some of the behavior that day from people following Beith (won't call them supporters as I doubt they watched many games) thankfully is long gone from junior football.

I don't think you were mugged that day, reasonably even and the Billy popped up with a nice goal which caused the Beith crowd to have a melt down and the 2 police in attendance quickly had to call for back up. Thankfully some of the behavior that day from people following Beith (won't call them supporters as I doubt they watched many games) thankfully is long gone from junior football.

I can 100% say that we weren't mugged that day as it it was a midweek night time game :)

We were the better team by far as loads of neutrals lended their opinions towards , I actually remember 6 of the auchinleck trophy winning legends of that era in the cambuslang shed alongside our fans cupping their ears as the noise was so loud while our fans egged the best team on .

However all I've alluded to above my point wasn't relating to ourselves being beaten in this game .

Archived