Are Hibs the best team in the championship

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The season starts on day one, not anyones fault but hibs stop looking for excuses

I have to agree with this.

The last couple of years we have been told (by some fans and the board alike) that newly arrived managers should not be judged until they had been able to bring in their own team. It has always stoke me as odd that Petrie has stated this on numerous occasions, because it marks the failure of his own policy. If every passer-by is allowed to make a bunch of signings which all have to be replaced with a new bunch (which in the last couple of seasons often were of equally shit standard) when the next manager comes in, there is no way the club will make progression.

There needs to be a long-term plan in place about our signing policy. There has to be established a scouting network, which tracks players in locations of the world where A) players are affordable to a club like Hibs, and B) fit into the plan of our style of play, and long-term policy. If a player leaves the club, there needs to be a document at some Easter Road office with names of potential replacements. Evidently, managers should be allowed to make their own signings as well, but not entirely unrestricted, and there also needs to be the scouting database present to fall back upon.

Hibs won't spend a few years down here. Next season at most. Stubbs got Allan and McGeough etc. to Easter Road when you looked shite. Now you actually look like a team that can progress even if they did disappear he'll be able to attract some decent players again.

I'm waiting for the seethe when he takes Vaulks or Sibbald from Falkirk.

why would there be seethe? If hibs pay the money or wait a coupla years till their contracts run down then fine...they took crunchie from us & paid good money for him...its the way of the football world if a significantly bigger club comes in then the player normally will go....its like cowdenbeath selling a player to any other league club

I have watched all teams in the Championship and Hearts are the best team imo

But after a difficult start TM has got Hibs playing well and imo think they will win the play offs

TM short for Alan Stubbs apparently!!

Hibs are playing some decent stuff just now and it is fair to say they are the form team just now. Going into the play offs they should be fairly comfortable against The Rangers, but how they get on against the prem play off side whoever they are will be their big test I think

Even if the first 6 games of the season are taken out Hearts would still be 10 point clear

The clowns haven't been above Hearts once this season so when would they have liked the season to actually start?

TM short for Alan Stubbs apparently!!

Hibs are playing some decent stuff just now and it is fair to say they are the form team just now. Going into the play offs they should be fairly comfortable against The Rangers, but how they get on against the prem play off side whoever they are will be their big test I think

Au contraire Rodders, imo the match against second bottom of the top league will be the easiest tie of all of them.

it certainly was for Hamilton last season....

Yep, because winning 2-1 over Falkirk rather comfortably was harder than equalizing in the last min against us then winning on pens.

But I do agree with the logic. It's easier to beat a side on a downwards spiral than one that is consistent.

Archived