Morton v Stirling

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I had hoped for a decent performance and a narrow defeat but another heavy defeat tonight and if Stenny win then the gap goes up to 11 points and a vastly superior goal deference.

Relegation is now a certainty, let's start rebuilding for next season in League 2 now, get the younger players in and give them a run, can't get any worse can it ! , I hope not.

Thursday meet the board night will be interesting, to say the least.

Had no idea of the score when i came to check just now as i was working. As soon as i saw the top of the league thread was closed i knew it had been a glorious night for the ton without needing to even check.

Good 3 points for Morton who certainly didn't get it their own way in this game. Stirling can feel aggrieved that they not only lost but lost by such a large margin.

I thought Stirling were superb tonight, which is maybe a bit of a bizarre thing to say when they lost 4-0. I take it they don't play like that every game?

Stirling played as well as any team I've seen at Cappielow this season and better than most. It was only the brilliance of Gaston that saved us going a couple of goals down in the first 25 minutes.

The main difference tonight is the quality of Morton up front. Whilst all eyes were on McManus & Caldwell, Stefan McCluskey comes into the team and scores a hat-trick.

McManus of course still wanted to get in on the act and he did in spectacular style with a rasper from about 22 yards into the top corner giving the keeper no chance.

Morton didn't played that bad tonight, but on the day they were up against a very good Stirling team.

Good win in the end. Didn't think we were overly great for much of the first half, and Gaston had to rescue us a few times with some very good saves. Defence occasionally got caught out, although often managed to recover fairly well. Stirling actually looked decent. Not brilliant or anything, but they didn't strike me as a team at the bottom of the league.

Controlled the game more and more as it went on. Fair play to McCluskey for his hat-trick, and McManus got an absolutely brilliant goal well. Could have arguably been one or two more by the end as well, some passes which if they'd been slightly better placed would've set us up superbly. Some good play though in the latter stages, as Stirling started to tire and didn't really offer much.

Great overall. A boost in GD (which could prove important due to all the contenders right now), a good few goals, and all the results around us went well. Fantastic night.

They were on the night. Credit where it's due

Very good is maybe a bit of a stretch. I thought they played quite well in the 1st half and managed to get a fair few chances, but they offered little as the game went on. Certainly didn't look like a team that's basically dead certs to get relegated, but far from great either.

Good 3 points for Morton who certainly didn't get it their own way in this game. Stirling can feel aggrieved that they not only lost but lost by such a large margin.

I thought Stirling were superb tonight, which is maybe a bit of a bizarre thing to say when they lost 4-0. I take it they don't play like that every game?

Stirling played as well as any team I've seen at Cappielow this season and better than most. It was only the brilliance of Gaston that saved us going a couple of goals down in the first 25 minutes.

The main difference tonight is the quality of Morton up front. Whilst all eyes were on McManus & Caldwell, Stefan McCluskey comes into the team and scores a hat-trick.

McManus of course still wanted to get in on the act and he did in spectacular style with a rasper from about 22 yards into the top corner giving the keeper no chance.

Morton didn't played that bad tonight, but on the day they were up against a very good Stirling team.

Calm down :lol:

We were shocking in the first half which made Stirling look much better than they actually are. A "very good Stieling Albion team" are bottom of the league by 11 points with -37 GD. What a bizarre post :lol:

I've no idea if Colkitto was facing the right way or not.

We were abysmal first half with both the defence and the midfield being equally tragic. No surprise when genius Jim decided to bring McKee back into the centre of midfield and pushed Forbes out wide left. OWare, for all I like him, is not a midfielder. Thankfully he didn't take long to rectify the problem of McKee but we just have to hope that a defensive midfielder is a top priority for next season.

Crighton and Milo both bomb scares but that's been covered plenty over the season so far.

We could have been 3 or 4 down in the first half hour against Stirling ffs. Derek Gaston once again showing he's by far the best keeper in this league. I'm amazed a premiership team hasn't tried to snap him up tbh never mind championship.

Archived