Heart of Midlothian v Dumbarton, 14/03/2015

You sure about that BBPF? I always thought it was because most of them were Young Boys fans (insert jokes here) and saw that we played in black and gold and were relatively close to Glasgow?

Hope they bring more banners this year. My personal favourite so far has been the "WE CAME TO SEE YOU WIN SONS!" banner. Inspiring.

They defo mentioned that they seen a story about our new strips being stolen in a newspaper or something. Think the fact the colours were similar to Young Boys gave them the idea of attending a game.

It was at the player of the year dance they told the story so you were mostly likely too blootert to remember :lol:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind the day the Norwegians turned up? Five or six of them just flew over to see what a Scottish Division Three game would be like as they supported a Norwegian third tier team. They were telling me they get 10% of the town's fans at home games (300 people) and asked if we get the same. My Norwegian isn't the best so I think my reply of "aye, right!" and struggle to explain why we get sub 1000 gates in a town of circa 35 to 50k might have gone over their heads a bit. We put five past Berwick that day, so maybe there's a handful of mad Norwegians in some wee village who think we're amazing.

Mind the day the Norwegians turned up? Five or six of them just flew over to see what a Scottish Division Three game would be like as they supported a Norwegian third tier team. They were telling me they get 10% of the town's fans at home games (300 people) and asked if we get the same. My Norwegian isn't the best so I think my reply of "aye, right!" and struggle to explain why we get sub 1000 gates in a town of circa 35 to 50k might have gone over their heads a bit. We put five past Berwick that day, so maybe there's a handful of mad Norwegians in some wee village who think we're amazing.

Was that the game Stevie Murray scored from the halfway line in, we won 5-2?

Was that the game Stevie Murray scored from the halfway line in, we won 5-2?

That's the one. Ruby and Del played as inverse wingers on their opposite sides and we tore them to shreds. That was a great season.

That's the one. Ruby and Del played as inverse wingers on their opposite sides and we tore them to shreds. That was a great season.

I loved that team. The football we played that season (particularly in that game and the 6-0 v Elgin) was outstanding.

And Chizzy :wub: Everything about him was great.

That said, though, we'd have stayed top longer and found the title win easier had Chapman not been so fond of experimentation, rotation and usage of too many players. I remember one particular midweek game at Albion Rovers in November when he played 5 in the middle with Murray as the central player and we struggled like f**k to a 1 all draw. When he kept it simple, with our best players in their main positions and a 442 formation we tore teams apart. Chapman's main failing was thinking he was a tactical genius, but that title win was amazing nonetheless. The Championship's pish, bring back the seaside leagues and pumping no-marks rather than struggling against bigger clubs. I want to go back to being a big fish in a small pond :(

. The Championship's pish, bring back the seaside leagues and pumping no-marks rather than struggling against bigger clubs. I want to go back to being a big fish in a small pond :(

I found myself thinking this in the latter stages of the recent Hearts match and pretty much throughout the entire 90 mins of the Hibs match. Success is not without its challenges!

Chizzy was a total duffer though - in every position.

I found myself thinking this in the latter stages of the recent Hearts match and pretty much throughout the entire 90 mins of the Hibs match. Success is not without its challenges!

Whilst I disagree with your sentiment, sir, I'll defend to the death your right to express it.

:o

:angry:

Not on. Thou shall not insult the utility man himself. He played every single shirt number for us, what he lacked in ability he made up for in enthusiasm and being a genuinely lovely guy.

Can anyone think of another player we've had who played every single outfield position for us?

Not on. Thou shall not insult the utility man himself. He played every single shirt number for us, what he lacked in ability he made up for in enthusiasm and being a genuinely lovely guy.

Can anyone think of another player we've had who played every single outfield position for us?

He never played left back. Least not that I can remember. Definitely saw him play every other position at some point, except left wing when he was apparently brilliant, but he only played there once and it was an away game I didn't go to.

Ah, but how many of thise positions was Chizzy being accidentally out of position, rather than playing where he was told? ;)

Tom McAdam is a shout for someone else who played a good few for us.

He never played left back. Least not that I can remember. Definitely saw him play every other position at some point, except left wing when he was apparently brilliant, but he only played there once and it was an away game I didn't go to.

He played left back once I remember (Clyde it might have been). Certainly remember seeing him in the 3 shirt!

Ah, but how many of thise positions was Chizzy being accidentally out of position, rather than playing where he was told? ;)

Tom McAdam is a shout for someone else who played a good few for us.

Think you probably mean Colin. Kenny Jenkins also played all over the pitch for us, defence, midfield and striker.

Think you probably mean Colin. Kenny Jenkins also played all over the pitch for us, defence, midfield and striker.

Colin crossed my mind too, I thought Tom had played at the back for us despite being a striker. It was Celtic who turned him into an out-and-out defender, wasn;t it?

They defo mentioned that they seen a story about our new strips being stolen in a newspaper or something. Think the fact the colours were similar to Young Boys gave them the idea of attending a game.

It was at the player of the year dance they told the story so you were mostly likely too blootert to remember :lol:

I always thought it was something to do with them liking the badge? Probably talking out my arse but I thought it was something to do with the elephant

Archived