Heart of Midlothian v Dumbarton, 14/03/2015

Thought we played better football in the 1st half without creating anything really clear cut. Second half the fitness told....particularly the last 20mins.

I thought it was a nice touch for our fans to give Dave McKay 90minutes silence today.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol wut

Eckersley is a cracking left back.

Indeed. There's a reason why we've banged in so many late goals this season. The double and triple training sessions have paid dividends and left the dinosaurs in the league and their "one session then the bookies" routine in our wake.

This will keep us in good stead next season too.

Hmmmm... Boyd et al, maybe?

Funny how the fans and they themselves presumably thought they could do Nandoes each day, a half-hour kick-aboot at MP and a wee bit o banter wi Super Ally and still 'bang in' 40 goals.

Will be glad to see the back of Hearts tbh, they're a slick outfit who are far too good for this level. Nicholson in particular could well flourish in the Premiership, he's an excellent prospect.

Not all doom and gloom for us though. Two, late, sloppy goals probably made the final outcome seem worse than the team's efforts warranted. As others have noted, recent weeks have seen a resurgent CT providing some much needed bite. Duggan as well stuck to his task dutifully, whilst Findlay and Rodgers continue to impress.

The trick, of course, is to take these promising signs forward for a West Lothian smash and grab next week.

Also Muzz got the tactics right yesterday but 3 centre backs aint required next week!

Best of luck to the sons for the rest of the season.

^^^This. Thoroughly enjoyed both trips through to the Rock this season. Cracking day out, cracking wee Club and a good bunch of fans supporting them.

I still feel rough. Lost my voice. Developed some sort of flu virus. Until next year, Switzerland...

Aye, aw the best to the Jambos up there next year, thoroughly enjoyed both my trips to Tynecastle despite us being thoroughly pumped on both occasions.

Aye, aw the best to the Jambos up there next year, thoroughly enjoyed both my trips to Tynecastle despite us being thoroughly pumped on both occasions.

Yup. Both games we were in Hearts boozers before and after and chatting away to Hearts fans. I appreciate we're hardly a threat but they came across as a decent bunch. Also noticeable that when they score their first reaction is to celebrate and cheer their player. Not immediately turn and goad the away fans like the Orcs do....

Good report, I thought at the game the ref was going to disallow the first goal but having seen it again I don't think it was a foul.

I'd disagree that sons looked like they might get something as they were pretty much backs to the wall and it would've been a big ask for part timers to keep up with Hearts pressure. That said,I think you could've mentioned Dumbarton having a big opportunity to take the lead when your striker fired wide when he should score or at least hit the target.

Hmmmm... Boyd et al, maybe?

Funny how the fans and they themselves presumably thought they could do Nandoes each day, a half-hour kick-aboot at MP and a wee bit o banter wi Super Ally and still 'bang in' 40 goals.

Not that h'e ever been naturally athletic but Boyd is unrecognisable from the one that scored a hatrick and looked sharp against us on Boxing day 2013 for Kilmarnock.

Makes you wonder if they do any fitness training at Rangers!

Archived