Scores & scandals Sat 28 Feb.

Larky55

That was a strange game the day, though Whitletts were struggling and then 3 goals in 10 minutes... game over.

Both teams seemed bemused by the ref, never took the whistle out his mouth. Never mind the soft penalties, was hardly a tackle in the game yet about 40 free kicks given. Worrying thing is it looked like he was being assessed, hope that's not what referees think will please their supervisors or we're all in trouble.

Got to agree with all that. At 2-1 to Dalry i never seen us getting back in never mind going on to win, but with Mick and Tony we always have a chance of getting a goal. As for the ref, holy f**k what a 1st half he had. I heard the supervisor wasnt too happy with his 1st half performance but reckoned he improved in the 2nd. Iv never seen a ref speak to as many players in one game. I knew he was a guid yin when he booked the Dalry boy in the 1st ten mins for a nothing foul. All in all, a good win for us against a Dalry team who played some cracking fitba. We must be a bit of a bogey team to them, thats the last 3 times we've played them that we've came back to win after being goals down

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who scored the goal mate and what like was the game....Kelty won easy in the end in horrendous conditions and it was Scott dalziel 1 and Stuart cargill with hat trick

I think it was Callum Young but not 100% sure. Free header from close range.

Will leave the match report to any neutrals as it's hard to give an accurate report when ur involved in the game.

I want an investigation into what was in Camelon's half-time drink. They came out like a different side from the first half and made the Rose pay for missed chances and should have killed the game. Ruiri changed the game, not just with his goal but in the way he got the Rose team firing again. The first-half was largely forgettable but the second-half turned into a good cup-tie.

Taking off the isolated Allison and pushing two up front made a difference, gave Camelon a better out ball and a bit more forward momentum. A good cup tie for a neutral to watch.

Got to agree with all that. At 2-1 to Dalry i never seen us getting back in never mind going on to win, but with Mick and Tony we always have a chance of getting a goal. As for the ref, holy f**k what a 1st half he had. I heard the supervisor wasnt too happy with his 1st half performance but reckoned he improved in the 2nd. Iv never seen a ref speak to as many players in one game. I knew he was a guid yin when he booked the Dalry boy in the 1st ten mins for a nothing foul. All in all, a good win for us against a Dalry team who played some cracking fitba. We must be a bit of a bogey team to them, thats the last 3 times we've played them that we've came back to win after being goals down

Aye he improved Terry... Give him a 1/10 for the 1st half, maybe a 2/10 in the 2nd. Sure he didn't mean to ruin the game, maybe just felt that was the approach required under supervision. Probably didn't influence the result right enough as strange as that sounds.

By the way there was some funny smelling cigarettes under that Dalry shed... fetching up my lunch.

Musselburgh atheletic 2 - sauchie 2. Burgh were rubbish in the first half, 2-0 down, had a man sent off for a blatant dive (2nd yellow) and staged an unlikely comeback, including a penalty for the equaliser. The burgh keeper was outstanding in the 2nd half and had some cracking saves, including one from Collin Samuel. The ref was shite though, blew his whistle so much I thought I was at a rave.

Glens 1 - Petershill 2

Disappointed to loose this one, thought glens were worth a draw.

We went ahead through a soft pen award (Kinney 22) and were playing reasonably well before peasy were awarded a pen and justifiably so.

Ref booked glens keeper mcgarrity only for the linesman to flag and after some discussion the yellow was retracted and a red card issued!

10 men glens worked hard and hit the post in second half but playing an hour with 10 men proved to difficult.

Credit to petershill, not a great game but they held on for all 3 points.

Spoke to some decent fella's today as well at the game which is what it's all about.

Went to this to have a look at the boy Daly and hope petershill no.7 is ok it looked a bad one! Overall thought the Glens even with 10 men were the better team and must be wondering how they got nothing from the game, weather horrible but enjoyed the game

Correct

You need to start by pointing fingers at certain players who are happy to look good when all is going well - but not as willing to roll up their sleeves and work when the going gets tough.

The substitution and change to 3-5-2 brought us right back into the game and felt we ended on top. The introduction of Rhuairi changed the game and some of our Midfielders could maybe employ the same work ethic and attitude and then we solve a lot of our problems

Who scored the goal mate and what like was the game....Kelty won easy in the end in horrendous conditions and it was Scott dalziel 1 and Stuart cargill with hat trick

Callum Young from an excellent delivery by Wallace...................................................If this had been a boxing match it would have been stopped at half time.

Archived