The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

I'm from the Midwest, I am irreligious and I find those stereotypes insulting.

Ultimately if you don't want to "endure" it anymore you can always come and live in the UK. There are no billboards with bible verses and we have a largely atheist society, so you'll think it's fantastic.

Worry ye not. I was quite able to "endure" it for the duration of my contract.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Texas it is illegal to hold any public office if you don't believe in God.

Not quite right mate, last year we had a LGBT mayor in Houston who was trying to take legal action on pastors to get their sermons, common sense prevailed eventually. Link is here for how it ended.

I hope the GOP win this time because I can't handle the feminists telling us how wonderful Hilary is purely because she has a vagina.

Earlier on I had a feminist tell me that the shouting down of Sturgeon was disgusting not because she has a democratic right to put her viewpoint across but because she is a women. This kinda crap is annoying.

A republican victory would be a major kick in the pie to these types of people.

I hope the GOP win this time because I can't handle the feminists telling us how wonderful Hilary is purely because she has a vagina.

Earlier on I had a feminist tell me that the shouting down of Sturgeon was disgusting not because she has a democratic right to put her viewpoint across but because she is a women. This kinda crap is annoying.

A republican victory would be a major kick in the pie to these types of people.

Yeah that's definitely more important than having a Republican nutter in charge of the most powerful nation on earth.

The only GOP president I'm unlucky enough to remember was Bush and the party is arguably twice as batty as the one that elected him.

You'd genuinely worry for the safety of the planet if some of these fruitcakes had the nuclear codes.

Edit: the whole Iran letter thing illustrates what a clown car outfit they are.

Feminist Hillary is apparently jumping on the 'gender issues' (i.e. women's privileges, men demonisation, women as victims) as a political weapon bandwagon by making it one of the core focuses of her campaign. An interesting ploy along the lines of Obama's populist first campaign that could well backfire this time around.

Here's what she has to say about men losing their life in war:

"Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat. Women often have to flee from the only homes they have ever known. Women are often the refugees from conflict and sometimes, more frequently in today’s warfare, victims. Women are often left with the responsibility, alone, of raising the children"

The whole American election thing is of course an absolute fucking circus that has little to do with issues.

Regarding voting by gender, the other side of the sexist x% of people wouldn't vote for a woman story is the sexist y% of people would be more likely to vote for a woman.

Going by this, more people are turned on to voted for a woman than there are people turned off. Across party lines, Republicans are, contrary to the popular narrative, more likely than Democrats to say the gender makes no difference. It's also interesting to note (elsewhere) than of those who wouldn't vote for a woman, a considerable percentage of those are themselves women.

It'd be interesting to see stats of the % of people who say they wouldn't vote for a man (or a white person, or a Christian) - as far as I can find this question has never been polled.

Feminist Hillary is apparently jumping on the 'gender issues' (i.e. women's privileges, men demonisation, women as victims) as a political weapon bandwagon by making it one of the core focuses of her campaign. An interesting ploy along the lines of Obama's populist first campaign that could well backfire this time around.

Here's what she has to say about men losing their life in war:

"Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat. Women often have to flee from the only homes they have ever known. Women are often the refugees from conflict and sometimes, more frequently in today’s warfare, victims. Women are often left with the responsibility, alone, of raising the children"

The whole American election thing is of course an absolute fucking circus that has little to do with issues.

It's a presidential election so it is the epitome of a popularity contest.

The referendum and UK election this year is far worse. There is so much lies and mud being thrown about it's unreal.

It'd be interesting to see stats of the % of people who say they wouldn't vote for a man (or a white person, or a Christian) - as far as I can find this question has never been polled.

That's because outside of you knicker-wetting anti-feminists (hilariously, this group strongly overlaps the Men's Rights brigade, who think of themselves as the only "alpha males") no such group exists.

...anti-feminists (hilariously, this group strongly overlaps the Men's Rights brigade ...

Correct.

...the Men's Rights brigade, who think of themselves as the only "alpha males"...

:huh:

Men's Rights has absolutely nothing to do with that whatsoever.

That's because outside of you knicker-wetting anti-feminists ... no such group exists.

Anti-feminists are the only group who wouldn't vote for men? What?

Archived