The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I'm reading about this war that is coming our way all over social media and I'm genuinely interested in where people think it is coming from. Given that America has been perpetually involved in wars for years anyway I can't see why people are more upset about some imaginary future war now.

Some of the more hysterical types who believe everything they read in the papers have been conditioned to think that Trump will be cackling like a madman and launching nukes for a laugh. Personally I think WW3 has been averted with Hillary losing, but apparently not wanting a shooting match with Russia is a bad thing and makes you a Kremlin agent.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Kamila Harris, my tip for 2020, either as running mate for an establishment figure or a dark horse. Plenty experience as the AG in California, good at reaching across not only to the BLM but widely respected by LEO's and within the party.

Harris and Amy Klobuchar could both be up there. 

National Review had an article suggesting that Trump would have beat Obama slightly in the electoral college while losing the popular vote by quite a bit. Trump did slightly worse than recent Republican nominees in most Republican states, but he way over performed in just the right swing states.

9 hours ago, Sooky said:

Mike Pence around a decade or so ago wholeheartedly endorsed gay conversation therapy and, as far as I know, hasn't gone back on this.

Trump is a complete enigma though. Ironically, he would probably have formally been regarded as a highly liberal republican on social issues. But he just constantly flip flops. He agreed with same sex marriage, then he opposed it and said he would try and appoint justices to overturn it. He supported trans people using whatever bathroom they wanted, then he opposed it.

The scary thing about Trump is that you actually have no idea what he stands for.

What is that exactly? "Those curtains clash with your mascara, dear"?

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

Really? Non Whites make up 40-50% in some southern states?!... apparently these groups hated ..the racist Trump...yet they all voted for him.

White people in those states vote 80-90% Republican.

On a related note, it looks like he won Cubans. I've lived before in both south Florida and south Texas. This doesn't surprise me.

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What is that exactly? "Those curtains clash with your mascara, dear"?

Tragically, it can be electro-shock therapy (even any kind of therapy) intended to "cure" gay people.  To be fair to Pence, who seems a bit off his chops but relatively harmless, he only ever implied his support for it.  He promised to redirect state funds towards helping gay people who want "treatment".  It makes me uncomfortable to think the VP might hold those views, but so too does the idea of accusing him of supporting it.  He may well do, but he's never publicly said it in quite so many words.

45 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

National Review had an article suggesting that Trump would have beat Obama slightly in the electoral college while losing the popular vote by quite a bit. Trump did slightly worse than recent Republican nominees in most Republican states, but he way over performed in just the right swing states.

It's an utterly bizarre election result in many ways.  It reflects horribly on Clinton's campaign, because in many ways the road to the White House was wide open. (Or whatever metaphor applies)

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Tragically, it can be electro-shock therapy (even any kind of therapy) intended to "cure" gay people.  To be fair to Pence, who seems a bit off his chops but relatively harmless, he only ever implied his support for it.  He promised to redirect state funds towards helping gay people who want "treatment".  It makes me uncomfortable to think the VP might hold those views, but so too does the idea of accusing him of supporting it.  He may well do, but he's never publicly said it in quite so many words.

I would imagine the only conversation if you got electro-shock therapy would be "Aaaaaarghhhh!"...

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It's an utterly bizarre election result in many ways.  It reflects horribly on Clinton's campaign, because in many ways the road to the White House was wide open. (Or whatever metaphor applies)

One bonus that might come from this vote is that it will mibbee, just mibbee, make the the decision makers across the western world sit up and take a good hard look at why large chunks of voters everywhere are so pissed off with their lot. 

Seeing loads of folk burning the American flag is a real eye opener considering the big deal made about that American Football player deciding to kneel during the national anthem a few weeks ago.

A moronic nation who have bullied their way to the head of the table. They deserve all they get, sadly we are going to feel the brunt of it too but that's what happens when you side with bullies.

17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Seeing loads of folk burning the American flag is a real eye opener considering the big deal made about that American Football player deciding to kneel during the national anthem a few weeks ago.

A moronic nation who have bullied their way to the head of the table. They deserve all they get, sadly we are going to feel the brunt of it too but that's what happens when you side with bullies.

To be fair, most of the flag burners probably didn't vote, and if they did, would support Kaepernick anyway.

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It's great how it's all going down, we've had 3 votes (indy, brexit, US) where people were looking to bloody the establishments nose, one lost and has been accused ever since of not accepting the result without any real basis in fact, one was victorious and still awaits their will to be acted on while watching a sizeable number do what they can to stop it and an even greater number urging/hoping that the vote is overturned/ignored, then there's yesterdays victory where large numbers yet again are hoping/urging that the democratic will is ignored.

Now I'm a bit of a thick bawbag(too many school hours spent in and around the bookies) but I certainly don't remember being taught that democracy means you only accept the will of the people when it suits the establishment, I thought that shite was reserved for the less developed political systems around the globe, apparently not.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

It's great how it's all going down, we've had 3 votes (indy, brexit, US) where people were looking to bloody the establishments nose, one lost and has been accused ever since of not accepting the result without any real basis in fact, one was victorious and still awaits their will to be acted on while watching a sizeable number do what they can to stop it and an even greater number urging/hoping that the vote is overturned/ignored, then there's yesterdays victory where large numbers yet again are hoping/urging that the democratic will is ignored.

Now I'm a bit of a thick bawbag(too many school hours spent in and around the bookies) but I certainly don't remember being taught that democracy means you only accept the will of the people when it suits the establishment, I thought that shite was reserved for the less developed political systems around the globe, apparently not.

Cw4_VLTWQAAnblq.jpg

Yeah right.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty much how I feel.  Mind you there will be lots of decent Americans who would not have wanted either Trump or Clinton but are stuck with the result.

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Cw4_VLTWQAAnblq.jpg

Yeah right.

That is words, what my post was about were actions by Democrats aimed at subverting democracy, you couldn't make it up.

Archived