The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

I do like Michelle Obama, but I can't help thinking the fact that she is loudly being touted as the best anti-Trump hope for 2020 is a sobering indication of just how terribly thin the Democratic bench currently is.

Staggering the amount of people who - quite rightly - criticise Trump for not having the experience for the job but then say she should run in 2020. I'm not sure being the wife of the President gives you that experience.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunatley Elizabeth Warren will likely be too old come 2020, but there a number of good younger female Democrats who could run. Its probably a good thing they are not big names now as they dont carry the establishment taint Clinton did.

3 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Unfortunatley Elizabeth Warren will likely be too old come 2020, but there a number of good younger female Democrats who could run. Its probably a good thing they are not big names now as they dont carry the establishment taint Clinton did.

She'll be about the same age as Trump is now, and looks pretty healthy and youthful. She'd be my pick at the moment.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She'll be about the same age as Trump is now, and looks pretty healthy and youthful. She'd be my pick at the moment.

She wouldnt be decrepit in 4 years time but younger candidates can bring an extra energy to a campaign.  I think the Democrats also have to be mindful of treading the line between having little opportunity to demonstrate competence and having a long past to rake over.

Edit to say she'll be 71 apparently in 2020.

27 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I do like Michelle Obama, but I can't help thinking the fact that she is loudly being touted as the best anti-Trump hope for 2020 is a sobering indication of just how terribly thin the Democratic bench currently is.

Nah Americans just love their dynasty politics too much to consider that there's more than two potential women candidates in the United States.

What Trump's really paved the way for is #Kanye2020

ETA: Shouts to @Aladdin for also seeing the ultralight beam.

6 hours ago, The OP said:

So lashing out blindly in a way that will achieve nothing is the answer?

Who mentioned anything along those lines, I was looking at it more from USA imposing tariffs on Ford who were quite happy to make all their lovely wonga in America for a very long while, I've got a lot of sympathy for anyone who's willing to hunt some of these greedy b*****ds out the door.

40 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Staggering the amount of people who - quite rightly - criticise Trump for not having the experience for the job but then say she should run in 2020. I'm not sure being the wife of the President gives you that experience.

I don't know, being a intern in the President's bed for 8 years combined with a post grad Harvard law degree and working in Chicago as assistant to the Mayor would have taught her a few things. She clearly has the brain required anyway, sadly lacking in Donald.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know, being a intern in the President's bed for 8 years combined with a post grad Harvard law degree and working in Chicago as assistant to the Mayor would have taught her a few things. She clearly has the brain required anyway, sadly lacking in Donald.

I'm hoping that they get away from all this keep it in the family shite, why is she going to be so good, her husbands performance hasn't exactly been endorsed by the voters over there in the last 24 hours.

I'm delighted for all those disappointed young women out there that Trump won, who the f**k really thinks it would be a good thing that the 1st female president is such a crooked c**t of a female, her wee bit to all the little girls out there was creepy as f**k and not exactly a positive for all the little boys out there.

Just now, ayrmad said:

I'm hoping that they get away from all this keep it in the family shite, why is she going to be so good, her husbands performance hasn't exactly been endorsed by the voters over there in the last 24 hours.

I'm delighted for all those disappointed young women out there that Trump won, who the f**k really thinks it would be a good thing that the 1st female president is such crooked c**t of a female, her wee bit to all the little girls out there was creepy as f**k and not exactly a positive for all the little boys out there.

Except there's no evidence she was crooked, however many times people repeat the allegation. She has been investigated more often and more intensively than any politician in history by her sworn enemies, the Republican Party, and they have found zilch, along with (possibly) the Russian Government in cooperation with Julian Assange.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Except there's no evidence she was crooked, however many times people repeat the allegation. She has been investigated more often and more intensively than any politician in history by her sworn enemies, the Republican Party, and they have found zilch, along with (possibly) the Russian Government in cooperation with Julian Assange.

She's probably had many tips from our very own Teflon Tony.

10 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Kamila Harris, my tip for 2020, either as running mate for an establishment figure or a dark horse. Plenty experience as the AG in California, good at reaching across not only to the BLM but widely respected by LEO's and within the party.

LEO's ? Googled it but only got astrology stuff.

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Law enforcement officers. not just restricted to cops over in the states includes D/A and States attorney etc.

Thank f**k for that, I thought the Blair's had finagled their way into the American establishment.

Got blocked in traffic by about 20 people marching with red flags and chanting "No Trump, No KKK, No Nazi USA!" I have an honest question for any of you who might have participated in such protests. What are you actually hoping to accomplish? Is it anything other than just letting your freak flag fly?

I was talking to a college girl I work with. She said that only one girl in her sorority voted for Clinton.

Archived