The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Odd's as they currently stand:

It might be free money, but its very little of it.

odds.png

That's quite a tumble from the 1/3 at the start of the week for Clinton.

Mike Pence is 100/1 - if Trump pulls out I hope those with bets on don't get their hopes up of being quids in as voting has already started in some places (along with the Forces ballots) so it's too late for any alternative candidate to catch up.

20 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

But its highly likely alot of those forces votes have gone to Trump. Would his votes carry over to an alternative candidate?

Here's the interesting thing; there's no legal precedence for this.  In theory, because the ballot is for a party and not a candidate, Trump's votes could conceivably just be transferred to whichever Republican is the new nominee - all but certainly Pence.  However, there is in some ballots an "Alternative" vote, sometimes called a "write in".  In those situations, early voting which has gone to Trump (who will have to be on the ballot even if he is not running) would then be transferred to Alternative Party.  Some ballots don't recognise an alternative option, and in those cases the case would have to be made by each state's electoral college.  That decision would almost certainly be legally challenged by the losing party in the courts, so the threat of the courts deciding the election (as in 2000) is likely.  

7 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

George Bush never went below a 60% approval rating with republicans, if a war criminal is highly thought of by them, do you really think that a creepy b*****d will outrage them. Trump is adored by the mutants. 

I'm thinking more of the GOP itself.  There are very, very few high level Republicans coming out to support him, and many, many more saying they won't vote for him at all, let alone not campaign for him.  There's only so much of that which can happen before his position becomes untenable.  

This is seriously grasping at straws, but a few people are now claiming that the Hillary camp had a hand in the death of Antonin Scalia. It all revolves around a cryptic email that was discovered

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6008

I won't lie that the email in question is all vague, but that's because we have no context to frame it into. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that the Hillary camp had any problem with Scalia and thus would want him dead. Plus if they had killed him they wouldn't be discussing it over email. 

The_47cc9b_6057075.jpg

The_ddcd75_6057075.jpg

The_6e3c81_6057075.jpg

15 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

George Bush never went below a 60% approval rating with republicans, if a war criminal is highly thought of by them, do you really think that a creepy b*****d will outrage them. Trump is adored by the mutants. 

The thing that's taken me a while to appreciate over here is the sheer levels of unadulterated hatred there is for Hillary. People I know, people I've had a beer with, would genuinely prefer a philandering, perverted, psychopathic, compulsive lying coke-head to her. I said to the missus last night if I posted on Facebook a link to a confirmed story that Trump has raped their dogs, peed in their sinks, and had his filthy way with their mam's knicker drawer, the second reply to that post would be "#Benghazi"

1 minute ago, MSU said:

The thing that's taken me a while to appreciate over here is the sheer levels of unadulterated hatred there is for Hillary. People I know, people I've had a beer with, would genuinely prefer a philandering, perverted, psychopathic, compulsive lying coke-head to her. I said to the missus last night if I posted on Facebook a link to a confirmed story that Trump has raped their dogs, peed in their sinks, and had his filthy way with their mam's knicker drawer, the second reply to that post would be "#Benghazi"

I suppose it's because Americans were killed, but if that had been purely Libyan staff who had been killed, not one of these alt-right fruit loops would give a shit about Benghazi, other than to lament what a good guy Gaddafi was.  I still think 90% of the folk you refer to would struggle to find Libya on a map, let along Benghazi.  

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I suppose it's because Americans were killed, but if that had been purely Libyan staff who had been killed, not one of these alt-right fruit loops would give a shit about Benghazi, other than to lament what a good guy Gaddafi was.  I still think 90% of the folk you refer to would struggle to find Libya on a map, let along Benghazi.  

Absolutely. There have been no shortage of attacks on US Embassies over the years, although admittedly none that resulted in the death of the US Ambassador. And private email servers haven't exactly been thin on the ground either. I suspect that underneath all the bluster, for many people the actual reason for the hatred towards Hillary is rooted in the fact she's a woman. I should say, I'm not really a fan of hers either. I had a Bernie sign on my lawn along with a saltire flying over the porch. Thinking about it, I'm amazed no one has set my house on fire.

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

German can be such a beautifully simple language. IMG_1476455297.083185.jpg

Can anyone translate?

34 minutes ago, MSU said:

Absolutely. There have been no shortage of attacks on US Embassies over the years, although admittedly none that resulted in the death of the US Ambassador. And private email servers haven't exactly been thin on the ground either. I suspect that underneath all the bluster, for many people the actual reason for the hatred towards Hillary is rooted in the fact she's a woman. I should say, I'm not really a fan of hers either. I had a Bernie sign on my lawn along with a saltire flying over the porch. Thinking about it, I'm amazed no one has set my house on fire.

Can anyone translate?

Donald Trump liebt es in den Arsch

What's the biggest story, a politician sometimes expresses policy differently in public from in private, or a politician who brags about sexually assaulting women is accused by several women of doing exactly that?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

What's the biggest story, a politician sometimes expresses policy differently in public from in private, or a politician who brags about sexually assaulting women is accused by several women of doing exactly that?

The problem for Clinton with this is that she has attacked women who have accused her husband of the same.

He's the protest vote, don't you know? A new kind of anti-politics politician. Or, to put it another way, an absolute weirdo with no political acumen whatsoever. I can only hope he's surrounded by geniuses.

What's bizarre is that he is as much establishment as Clinton is.

It just shows that there are gullible morons who will believe any old shite they are told.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

What's bizarre is that he is as much establishment as Clinton is.

It just shows that there are gullible morons who will believe any old shite they are told.

Yup.  If there's anything we've learned from the Obama administration it's that a president is hamstrung by the whims and desires of Wall Street, and that for all his principles there is very little he can do if Wall Street decides it doesn't want something to happen.  Donald Trump is Wall Street personified.  

impartial media

CuvDRmBUMAAtH0G.jpg

Don't be daft man. Of course the media shouldn't be spending equal time on all stories.

You want a media that investigate and deal with the campaign in a fair and balanced manner. Balanced does not mean equal.

Clinton collapsed a few weeks ago and it was wall to wall coverage - and rightly so.

Of course the media are biased against Trump, the man's insane. They'd be irresponsible not to be. Here's the latest pussy grabbing episode. He hadn't even been introduced. Global conspiracy my arse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/woman-says-trump-reached-under-her-skirt-and-groped-her-in-early-1990s/2016/10/14/67e8ff5e-917d-11e6-a6a3-d50061aa9fae_story.html?pushid=breaking-news_1476445876&tid=notifi_push_breaking-news

Archived