Stirling Uni v Gretna

Scruffy

Well Cicero, are you sure you went to the game?

Certainly was a ball boy, to do that task for the full game in that weather,

could have give the boy some credit.

But then you may have referee eyesight, can't see over the width of the park!

That ref today missed a few fouls (not all involve players on the ball) also was

lenient a couple of yellows should have been shown early on.

Over-ruled linesman more than once, when the linesman was better positioned

to see what decision should be.

Overall view of game, early chance to Gretna which Uni goalie kicked away

would have brought a different bearing early on.

But a cracking goal to open the scoring, second followed quickly,

few chances after that, best save made by home keeper.

Slack defending Gretna take advantage to get back into game just

before the break.

Second half, Gretna stronger going forward, couple near misses.

Game went a bit scrappy at times probably due to the park cutting up badly.

The third goal really killed the game off.

No doubt, the football would have been better had the weather not been so lousy.

By the way, thats 12 league meetings between the two sides,

OF which Gretna have won NIL.

The Uni. have 7 wins, with 5 draws.

By the way, thats 12 league meetings between the two sides,

OF which Gretna have won NIL.

The Uni. have 7 wins, with 5 draws.

Will that be the last league meeting for a few years??

Leaving it late for the license. Two years not enough notice?

Ball -boy baiters well and truly silenced. Both teams battled in some horrid weather, and don`t even get some praise for putting on a very competitive game. Next time you are here we should have a "spot the ball-boy" competition. Lets face it he was only out there for ninety minutes, and was not spotted. I think the young fella is due an apology, so how about it?

The Doctor prescribed some medication for me earlier this week,

said I had to look out for side-effects.

I'm sure I just read 2 posts from Gretna fans saying Stirling deserved their win.

I think it must be the tablets, I'm away for a lie down,

will have to read them again tomorrow to convince myself that its true.

Ball -boy baiters well and truly silenced. Both teams battled in some horrid weather, and don`t even get some praise for putting on a very competitive game. Next time you are here we should have a "spot the ball-boy" competition. Lets face it he was only out there for ninety minutes, and was not spotted. I think the young fella is due an apology, so how about it?[/quote

Always willing to apologise when necessary. If the ball boy is reading this I'm sorry we never noticed you.

Ball -boy baiters well and truly silenced. Next time you are here we should have a "spot the ball-boy" competition.

Is it just me or is there something creepy about going to a football match and looking out for the ball boys.

I know the students have a catalogue of doing strange things but I think that is a step too far.

Is it just me or is there something creepy about going to a football match and looking out for the ball boys.

I know the students have a catalogue of doing strange things but I think that is a step too far.

How come you noticed him the last time when he was supposed to be wasting time with the score at 0-0. It`s just that you might win something the next time you come up to Stirling.

Thanks Queenserse for your apologies, your no a bad lad after all.

Glad you are enjoying the banter Grim, see you in a couple weeks

How come you noticed him the last time when he was supposed to be wasting time with the score at 0-0. It`s just that you might win something the next time you come up to Stirling.

Thanks Queenserse for your apologies, your no a bad lad after all.

Glad you are enjoying the banter Grim, see you in a couple weeks

I have never once made a complaint about the time wasting antics of your ball boy. I didn't notice him yesterday nor the last time.

It was a neutral who said something about a group of Gretna fans having a go at him. I never saw the incident and I have made no comment on the subject (until now).

Newky 100% correct. You couldn't make it up. Laughable that someone is having a go at me for not apologising to a ball boy for not noticing him at a match. Unreal!!!

I have never once made a complaint about the time wasting antics of your ball boy. I didn't notice him yesterday nor the last time.

It was a neutral who said something about a group of Gretna fans having a go at him. I never saw the incident and I have made no comment on the subject (until now).

Newky 100% correct. You couldn't make it up. Laughable that someone is having a go at me for not apologising to a ball boy for not noticing him at a match. Unreal!!!

just apologise to the boy will you!

Good comments, Gopher.

Was a really good game especially in those conditions, well done to both teams.

Passed on the messages from Queenserse and Grim.

Thanks from the boy.

He doesn't do P&B so he was quite amused to read all the posts.

He says he had a bit of help yesterday, a few times guys in black & white shirts ignored his help

and chased out after the ball themselves, he said the funny thing was, they seemed to run to retrieve the ball

off field faster than they did on-field!

Though he did add he felt that the players did appreciate his help and despite the weather, he actually enjoyed it.

Just one other poster to mention, hope Scruffy has got over the shock!

Great to be able to see the highlights especially the first goal real cracker, nice to see the Gretna manager acknowledge it as well.

Hey Cicero, the cameraman was at the very back of the the stand far side, think its already been established you can't see over the full width of the pitch,lol.

By the way, I hope you saw the ball boy on the highlights otherwise will be seriously worried about your eyesight.

Maybe you need to invest in binoculars, never mind contacts!!!!!!!

Only downside to the highlights would have been good to have seen more than about seven minutes to do the game justice.

Good touch adding the interviews.

Archived