Lugar Boswell Thistle

Kennie

so he is a coach fair ...as long as he does not play by the sounds of it

Terry, people do change their mind and make comebacks, once Gary has got over his injury and been coaching for a while there is a good chance he will miss the playing side of things and want to kick a ball again... I should know! Lol

How would Whitletts feel if this did happen?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terry, people do change their mind and make comebacks, once Gary has got over his injury and been coaching for a while there is a good chance he will miss the playing side of things and want to kick a ball again... I should know! Lol

How would Whitletts feel if this did happen?

He's a signed Vics player till end of season so he cant play. After that its nothing to do with Whitletts if he decides to play again. Im sure most would agree it would leave a sour taste in your mouth when a player tells you he doesnt have the time for football and travelling to training is too much then turns up a week later at a club a further 15 mile up the road. Whitletts have no problem with him coaching, but would be daft to allow him to play for a promotion rival after paying cash for him only a couple of month ago

He's a signed Vics player till end of season so he cant play. After that its nothing to do with Whitletts if he decides to play again. Im sure most would agree it would leave a sour taste in your mouth when a player tells you he doesnt have the time for football and travelling to training is too much then turns up a week later at a club a further 15 mile up the road. Whitletts have no problem with him coaching, but would be daft to allow him to play for a promotion rival after paying cash for him only a couple of month ago

Sorry Terry, but you seem to be getting all upset over this. At no time have we mentioned Gary as a player, as I said we were alerted to this through Whitletts' own social media announcement. No announcement, no contact.

No problem, picked up wrong I thought you had released him. I was in a similar position a few years back when was thinking of quitting due to a recurring ankle injury when at Bellshill and Branco asked me to go to Arthurlie as assistant. I jumped at it but Bellshill wouldn't release me . After a season of not playing I missed it so much and when i realised my ankle problems had cleared up I got back playing. It wasn't premeditated or anything and maybe Gary may might end up with the same predicament, that's all I was meaning!!

Sorry Terry, but you seem to be getting all upset over this. At no time have we mentioned Gary as a player, as I said we were alerted to this through Whitletts' own social media announcement. No announcement, no contact.

This is my last post on this subject. Upset?? I answered a question from Fabi, and where did i say he was mentioned as player?? Iv had my say on the matter and wont get involved in one of your petty arguments. I think anybody reading my posts would see where Whitletts were coming from! Im sure if the boot was on the other foot you wouldn't be too happy as we have all seen anytime one of your players or manager is linked with another club

This is my last post on this subject. Upset?? I answered a question from Fabi, and where did i say he was mentioned as player?? Iv had my say on the matter and wont get involved in one of your petty arguments. I think anybody reading my posts would see where Whitletts were coming from! Im sure if the boot was on the other foot you wouldn't be too happy as we have all seen anytime one of your players or manager is linked with another club

Sorry but again I have never at any time mentioned that Lugar had signed or intended to sign Gary as a player, you posed the question.

Your very first post -

"Whats the chances he ends up playing after telling Whitletts he was injured for 6 weeks?"

Also can you show me where I'm having an arguement or where I'm trying to bad mouth Whitletts. I've stated facts as to how it came about.

See below for the Facebook statement

GARY LEAVES VICS

Veteran midfielder Gary Russell has left the Club by mutual consent. The 34 year old joined Whitletts earlier this season from First Division Irvine Meadow but has failed to settle at the Club and having picked up an injury that is likely to keep him out for the next four weeks it was agreed that he should be released from his contract.

Whitletts Victoria thank Gary for his service to the Club over the course of the season and wish him every success for the remainder of his career.

As you can see Whitletts wish him well for the rest of his career. It's a pity you don't share those sentiments.

You also claim you won't get involved in a 'petty' argument, then go on to try and instigate one with your last sentence.

34 years, experienced player, taking a wage and no playing @ Whittlets, appointed in his first coaching role, 3 months till end of season, player registration will be up in June, starts season 2015/16 as a fully pledged member of the playing staff @ Lugar, another financial hit to a club with " no" money ha, who is paying the wages @ Rosebank, especially the new boys ? Ex- Newton Stewart players, local ? Travelling expenses ? Wage bill payed by Lugar or the ego-maniac in charge ??

2 posts by Cantona on this. Both having a go at Grierson with a reference to a 'financial hit'. Can you tell us how you know what the situation is at Lugar or are you just another keyboard clown with a grudge?

Probably a player that was found to be shite and dumped by aforementioned manager?

No an ex or current player, just concerned the route the club are going down, the club nearly went out the game a few years back as a result of paying out more than what was coming in, would a financial outlay to gain promotion this year or next be balanced out by the financial gains of the super league ? Doubt it, plus The manager only hangs about if things go his way ie Darvel/Buffs

My take on the outcome is If the referees copy shows the change then there is no protest. If it does not and both players are registered players (as they would be on the printed team line) and the player who played is not marked as playing or the Lugar copy does not show it, a £20 fine for wrong team line admission.

Archived