On the upside!

jimbaxters

Looking through the forum and there's not a great deal of positivity around at the moment, what with accusations of incorrect behaviour in the Juniors. All of this is a tad depressing and not a nice reflection of the grade.

On the upside, however, I glanced at the odds for this week and, for me, there are a rake of excellent matches this week.

To name a few:-

Rob Roy v Arthurlie

Linlithgow v Camelon

Shettleston v Newtongrange

Clydebank v Cumnock

Greenock v Cumbernauld

Glencairn v Yoker

Kilsyth v Kilbirnie

Armadale v Fauldhouse

and imo the best of the bunch

Pollok v Hurlford

Surely the grade has a lot to be happy about when such competitive matches are being played? I think we should try to steer clear of daft stuff and concentrate on the fitba....at least for a wee while.

p.s. if I've not mentioned some other interesting games feel free to point it out!

In the East Region Super League, it will be a tasty encounter at Volunteer Park as Armadale host Fauldhouse in a Lothian derby game.

Jeanfield v St Andrews is an interesting one in the Premier League with Saints looking to get back to winning ways after last weeks defat to Pollok and they have several Perth based players in the squad.

Broughty Athletic v Dalkeith Thistle could be decent as well, with Keith Gibsons Broughty looking to climb the table and Dalkeith looking to keep their promotion hopes going.

OMG I have just been asked to don the gloves again for a team desperate on Saturday for the 1st time officially in many moons.

Too put it in perspective I think I played 90mins last in Juniors in 1999 Tellyboy when did you retire ? 2000ish ?

Think my bottle will crash or at least my calf "will go" at the 6-asides tonight.

Otherwise this could be the lowlight of the year.

OMG I have just been asked to don the gloves again for a team desperate on Saturday for the 1st time officially in many moons.

Too put it in perspective I think I played 90mins last in Juniors in 1999 Tellyboy when did you retire ? 2000ish ?

Think my bottle will crash or at least my calf "will go" at the 6-asides tonight.

Any tips for this weekend Al ...

I hope it's Camelon if not Bo'ness :thumsup2

Don't mention who it is your playing for or they might have a flurry of bets on the opposition!!

Only joking, you will be fine once you get over the nerves right at the beginning of the game. I remember I went back to play for a couple of games after being out the game for quite some time and once your into it you will be fine. Although it is a lot easier outfield than in goals. All the best anyway and post after the game to let us all know how you got on.

Archived