3 easy points: Stranraer vs Dunfermline

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

passing the ball about nicely for about thirty minutes. All we have to do is make a few simple tweaks to stop leaking soft goals, create more chances, take the chances and stop being pushed around

John Potter in the paper today:

“We did that against Brechin and for 45 minutes I thought we were good.

“I thought we passed it well and we had the right energy, it’s just that little bit around about the box that we’re missing at the moment and the wee mistakes we’re making are being punished.

Good to see the gaffer paraphrasing me and adopting my positive outlook.

Not that it will matter but I'd line up

Scully

Williamson/millen Buchanan martin whittle

George/falkingham bryne McAusland Hopkirk

Allan Moffat

Goodfellow millen/Williamson Barrowman George/falkingham thomson patterson faiss/spence

Not sure if Williamson will have enough fitness to start two games close together straight after coming back he lacked match sharpness and was knackered after tuesday, reckon both he and millen will play at some point (unless for some crazy reason geggan take to the pitch again) but who starts I'm not sure, probably williamson. George/falkingham is directly dependent on that, millen needs a winger in front of him whilst Williamson needs someone who'll provide cover, suppose bryne could play In front of him and Thomson starts again, but I don't think Thomson had that good of game to guarantee he keeps his spot.

That leaves the only real decision on who fills the bench, I'd be more inclined for it to be spence as I can't remember faiss ever doing well off the bench, he can't seem to get up to the speed of the game and ends up showing off his weaknesses more.

Game to abandoned due to string winds and a waterlogged pitch while the Blues are 1up when Mitchell scores with a wind assisted clearance. Ref abandones game. The pars decide to give the Blues the three points as they dont want to travel down to play us again for the 25th time this season.

@officialdafc: v Stranraer: R Scully; R Williamson, G Buchanan, L Martin, S Urquhart; K McAusland, A Geggan, R Thomson, D Hopkirk; A Barrowman, L Allan

@officialdafc: Subs v Stranraer: Michael Moffat, Josh Falkingham, Lewis Spence, Jim Paterson, Paul George, Allan Smith, Ryan Goodfellow (GK)

@officialdafc: v Stranraer: R Scully; R Williamson, G Buchanan, L Martin, S Urquhart; K McAusland, A Geggan, R Thomson, D Hopkirk; A Barrowman, L Allan

@officialdafc: Subs v Stranraer: Michael Moffat, Josh Falkingham, Lewis Spence, Jim Paterson, Paul George, Allan Smith, Ryan Goodfellow (GK)

Absolutely unexplainable lineup.

Urquhart at left back? Barrowman a ahead of Moffat? Geggan starting? No bryne whittle or millen(tho suppose the first two could be not fully recovered from their knocks)

Archived