Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If the ending is that corruption is endemic and always wins in the police then they've nailed it. I hope for more of course.

This.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Not that. Something bordering on entertainment.

🤣

It's been so hyped that this was always going to be the reaction.

On 29/04/2021 at 17:37, Fratelli said:

In every series it's looked like they were about to uncover the roots to the OCG/H but then left a bit at the end to show that it's not done yet, i don't think they could get away with that again and think everyone is ready for the H storyline to come to an end, 

This was bang on. 

Sadly, they fucked it. That was absolutely pish, far worse than the GoT finale, I would have it as the worst finale I've ever saw of any half hyped t.v series, so much about it was just absolutely dreadful. 

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

I think the whole of that series reeked of running out of ideas. 

Compare it to the others and it doesn't sit well. 

Thought the season, up until two episodes was the best one yet, properly enjoyable. 

Those last two episodes though, fucking hell. 

I didn't mind how it ended, just felt they didn't quite pull it off.  Certainly hinted that Buckles wasn't the top man,  but everyone will be satisfied by him being the 4th Man.  OCG likely to leave him alone as he is taking the hit for it all, and the police can sweep it all away.  Just like everything else the police have ever been accused of, and considering the clear endemic racism in the police, I found it an apt ending.  Everything goes back to the start and carries on like nothing happened.

They didn't quite pull it off storywise though.

12 minutes ago, GiGi said:

So Jimmy Nesbitt was one of the biggest red herrings in TV history, Jo Davidson sat in a van then got witness protection, the criminal mastermind was Iain fucking Buckells, Hastings just came clean and nothing more was said, Arnott's big drug problem coming to a head resulted in a wee chat with a counsellor and Carmichael sat in her office and didn't do anything after being a massive bitch for the entire series.

I am absolutely stumped as to what they were going for with this ending.

They came into this series with a bunch of loose ends and tied them up in the most boring way possible.

If Ian Buckles is such a fucking genius why is he putting Kate on Jo Davidson's team? He was in charge of that station right? So was he just dunking on AC-12 by bringing Kate in?

Oh ho ho. The person who has brought down many of my bent buddies leading to many of their deaths, better have her on my team.

I can't see that that is it all over. There is loads still to be resolved and no way is the person interviewed the so called H.

Still loads to be explored and revealed
Looks like the end to me. Corruption wins, just like in real life.

The biggest disappointment was the lack of drama.

I don't mind the actual endings but there was no drama in the episode. Just very limp.

The guy playing buckles was pretty meh whilst being interviewed, and compared to the performances of the guy playing Ryan pilkington he was just rubbish. I'd have much preferred to see the big interview scene with that scary fucker, playing all nicey nice and then turning.

The switcheroo with the prison van was the highlight - which is saying something as it wasn't great.

But in the end it was never going to live up to the hype. There's not been this much hype around a show for years. It could never satisfy everyone.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I didn't mind how it ended, just felt they didn't quite pull it off.  Certainly hinted that Buckles wasn't the top man,  but everyone will be satisfied by him being the 4th Man.  OCG likely to leave him alone as he is taking the hit for it all, and the police can sweep it all away.  Just like everything else the police have ever been accused of, and considering the clear endemic racism in the police, I found it an apt ending.  Everything goes back to the start and carries on like nothing happened.

They didn't quite pull it off storywise though.

If this was what they were going for they should've watched "the wire" ending. This was brilliant for showing that the cycle just keeps repeating

21 minutes ago, GiGi said:

So Jimmy Nesbitt was one of the biggest red herrings in TV history, Jo Davidson sat in a van then got witness protection, the criminal mastermind was Iain fucking Buckells, Hastings just came clean and nothing more was said, Arnott's big drug problem coming to a head resulted in a wee chat with a counsellor and Carmichael sat in her office and didn't do anything after being a massive bitch for the entire series.

I am absolutely stumped as to what they were going for with this ending.

All of this, plus what the f**k was John Corbett’s missus’ involvement with Ted? He just gave her £50k, no questions asked?

Who killed Thurwell?

Who forged the signatures on Davidson’s prison transfer?

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Looks like the end to me. Corruption wins, just like in real life.

The biggest disappointment was the lack of drama.

I don't mind the actual endings but there was no drama in the episode. Just very limp.

The guy playing buckles was pretty meh whilst being interviewed, and compared to the performances of the guy playing Ryan pilkington he was just rubbish. I'd have much preferred to see the big interview scene with that scary fucker, playing all nicey nice and then turning.

The switcheroo with the prison van was the highlight - which is saying something as it wasn't great.

But in the end it was never going to live up to the hype. There's not been this much hype around a show for years. It could never satisfy everyone.

Agree with most of that but I don’t think it satisfied anyone, let alone everyone. If buckles had suddenly started talking like a right mean c**t instead of playing the thicko it might have worked better but it was just utter meh and even if it does come back I’m not sure I’d bother with it now. So underwhelmed. 

5 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

All of this, plus what the f**k was John Corbett’s missus’ involvement with Ted? He just gave her £50k, no questions asked?

Who killed Thurwell?

Who forged the signatures on Davidson’s prison transfer?

Ted felt guilty for getting Corbett killed after he found out that he was the son of the girl from NI

Ian Buckles, the mastermind police officer co-ordinating multiple OCGs, allowed Jo Davidson to set him up by planting documents in his car.

Also the switcheroo with the police vans resulted in no bullets being fired when previously the OCG have been willing to get in firefights with police.

35 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If the ending is that corruption is endemic and always wins in the police then they've nailed it. I hope for more of course.

Fits with Jed Mercurio's style of grim, unsatisfying endings: reflecting that most of what the main characters do is ultimately futile. His medical dramas Bodies and Cardiac Arrest being classics of the genre.

For no reason, here's a gratuitous picture of Helen Baxendale as every hospital doctor's favourite fictional medical registrar, Claire Maitland in Cardiac Arrest. Modelling a Littmann Classic II stethoscope, I believe.

dada7d19-2005-46b2-8558-c04c7a329bff-2060x1236.jpg

Edited by Cyclizine