Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

30 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

If they finish the H storyline off then what could they come back to, if its corrupt officers again then it will just feel samey

If they do it right, there's plenty to be done. I think most of the series could work without the big storyline involvement. This one and the last being exceptions given how interlinked they are. 

29 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

If they do it right, there's plenty to be done. I think most of the series could work without the big storyline involvement. This one and the last being exceptions given how interlinked they are. 

I dunno, i dont think it would be as engrossing when you know that the storyline that episode finishes that week, essentially you can miss weeks and not really care, 

If they could make standalone episodes but still contain a full series storyline then it could work, the way a lot of american shows did in the early 00's

I dunno, i dont think it would be as engrossing when you know that the storyline that episode finishes that week, essentially you can miss weeks and not really care, 
If they could make standalone episodes but still contain a full series storyline then it could work, the way a lot of american shows did in the early 00's
Thats just a remake of Between the Lines for years back.
It was ok to watch but never close to Line of Duty entertainment

9 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I'm not saying weekly. I'm saying do it by series. As I said, the first four didn't NEED the big plot.

52 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I'm not saying weekly. I'm saying do it by series. As I said, the first four didn't NEED the big plot.

They are doing it by series though, they just leave enough unsolved OCG stuff so that if its renewed it can carry on

If they solved the H storyline this Sunday, wrapped it all up nice and tidy etc, then when it comes back (if it did) they would struggle to fill a series, 

Imo the reason it does so well is that the answers to each series plot is given to us right away, jo getting the burner phone in what ep2 this series, cotton we knew as the caddy long before series 3 etc, but it leaves enough "whos the bigger villain" stuff so we want to watch it more, if they did away with the bigger villain then to me it wont be as compelling, we'd know the bent officer a third of the way through the series 

11 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

If they finish the H storyline off then what could they come back to, if its corrupt officers again then it will just feel samey

It's based on an, er, anti corruption unit.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

That's been the whole premise of the show? 

Aye, but imagine they wrapped up the H storyline, came back next time whenever, and all of a sudden they uncover a bent copper who's in league with criminals, it would be the same overall storyline just starting again 

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Aye, but imagine they wrapped up the H storyline, came back next time whenever, and all of a sudden they uncover a bent copper who's in league with criminals, it would be the same overall storyline just starting again 

Again though, that's been the whole premise of the show. It is a program about an anti corruption force in the police. 

They either investigate "bent coppers" or they don't make the show. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Again though, that's been the whole premise of the show. It is a program about an anti corruption force in the police. 

They either investigate "bent coppers" or they don't make the show. 

The bent coppers bit ive no objection to, but the way the show goes is that we know the bent copper, and the series deals with that one, but there's an overall plot of someone controlling them

If they tie that up, then what, do we get series where we know the bent copper from episode 2, know they will be caught by the end of the series, and thats it, or do they go with the "someone higher up controlling them" which is essentially the H storyline all over again 

Id rather they kept this one going, make it even bigger in terms of the corruption, make it across cities, hell even have ac-12 come to scotland, involve more politicians, more criminals etc, still have series long plots like cottons one, or jo's one this time, but at least keep the OCG going, imo the worst series was series 4, we knew Huntly was bent right away and to me it just dragged out because you knew shesbe nabbed eventually 

45 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The bent coppers bit ive no objection to, but the way the show goes is that we know the bent copper, and the series deals with that one, but there's an overall plot of someone controlling them

If they tie that up, then what, do we get series where we know the bent copper from episode 2, know they will be caught by the end of the series, and thats it, or do they go with the "someone higher up controlling them" which is essentially the H storyline all over again 

Id rather they kept this one going, make it even bigger in terms of the corruption, make it across cities, hell even have ac-12 come to scotland, involve more politicians, more criminals etc, still have series long plots like cottons one, or jo's one this time, but at least keep the OCG going, imo the worst series was series 4, we knew Huntly was bent right away and to me it just dragged out because you knew shesbe nabbed eventually 

And breathe.

I'm still not convinced H is just one person. I saw a theory that rather than it being one officer the H is for Hillside as that's the station the OCG's corrupt officers are usually based.

I've not seen it confirmed anywhere but is this the last episode ever or just the end of this series? I'm mentally prepared to be let down regardless. Not because I think it'll be a bad episode but I don't think too much will be answered. I think it'll be quite an open ending regardless of whether it's the final episode or not.

Martin Compston has said it’s likely to be the last episode.

Did he? I thought I’d heard him say it’s got the legs for another series or two.

48 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm still not convinced H is just one person. I saw a theory that rather than it being one officer the H is for Hillside as that's the station the OCG's corrupt officers are usually based.

I've not seen it confirmed anywhere but is this the last episode ever or just the end of this series? I'm mentally prepared to be let down regardless. Not because I think it'll be a bad episode but I don't think too much will be answered. I think it'll be quite an open ending regardless of whether it's the final episode or not.

Whatever happens I'm expecting to see someone get charged, they think they have H then someone (not necessarily Ted/Steve/Kate gives some evil stare towards the camera as the theme really kicks in.