Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ryan never shot at Kate and, unless the body was moved, his cartridge would have been found in completely the opposite direction to where he has taken two bullets from. 

Jo is cracking and opening up slowly. They've got her feeling (whether true or not) that they know she's been put into this and is afraid. If they just told the truth and stayed at the scene there's no way she would talk, she's starting to believe there might be a way out of this. The whole "we are being framed" line showed that. Make her feel like she's now being made expendable. I reckon she is about to kill one of the prison guards. 

Aye the who her polis dad is could be big thing, and if she's the one to finally f**k up one of the bent prison officers I'm all for it. I dunno why not going in straight away means Jo'd open up less, it seemed pretty clear the family revelations broke her wall more than anything. I think there's two reasons it went down as it did:

They didn't trust that people would make the connection with the printers and the OCG so they had to make them go there and spell it out. 

Jed loves a spectacle and they haven't done a pursuit from the point of view of the people running away.

And it doesn't really matter where Ryan shot, although he shot in Jo's direction then pointed it at Kate so it's still clearly self defence/preservation of life. He's got known OCG connections, has been observed keeping tabs on Jo and he had and fired a shot from an illegal firearm. Kate had a concealed weapon for pretty much that exact reason and she advised her colleagues something dodgy was going on. 

9 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

No way that body was 'Thurlwell'.

Nesbitt definitely making an appearance on Sunday. 

My thoughts exactly. No way have they paid Jimmy Nesbitt's image rights for two still photos rather than just pulling head shots of an extra.

Yeah  nesbitt will  stroll in to  the Ac12 office next week having fled from Spain to escape the Ocg's hit squad.

Because of the way she was deflecting all the questions away from bent coppers last night I reckon we have a new good guy as it's too obvious she is in the Ocg.Step forward the one to bring H down

20210426_081537.jpg

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah  nesbitt will  stroll in to  the Ac12 office next week having fled from Spain to escape the Ocg's hit squad.

Because of the way she was deflecting all the questions away from bent coppers last night I reckon we have a new good guy as it's too obvious she is in the Ocg.Step forward the one to bring H down

20210426_081537.jpg

Carmichael being the one to bring down the OCG would not sit well with me. 

Not sure what to feel after that, certainly wasn't a tense episode and the interview scene didn't give us a lot new, although there were a lot of good bits.

Don't think Carmichael is bent, think whoever said she's in it for her career is bang on, she's not a fan of Ted but I reckon he can still win her over.

Ryan just being dead was a disappointment, I was hoping that we'd get an excellent interview with him squealing before they release him and let the OCG deal with him.

Not sure what Kate and Jo would have done had they not been caught, they would have to give themselves up so why not just stay at the scene?

Interesting that Ted now knows Steve visited Lee Banks in prison, although I hope that doesn't become any more drawn out, hope Ted just tells Steve why he gave Steph the money and that's it.

Also don't agree with Jo constantly saying she wasn't a bent copper, she may have been forced but if she's been doing stuff for the OCG since joining the force she's probably helped them more than anybody else interrogated so far, might not have bent intentions but she's definitely a bent copper.

Can't see anywhere else for it to go other than for it to be Osborne, but still expecting some surprises. Not sure if Thirwell is dead, and also him being in Spain doesn't necessarily mean it was him Jo was speaking to, I'm no expert but I'm sure having an IP address appear as somewhere else is easy.

I'm sure Ted's retirement will be reversed somehow, although I did have this stupid thought that we'd get a daft scene where after he retires he's sitting at a wee cafe in Spain with a mid afternoon cerveza when who should walk past but Marcus Thirwell. Don't think Mercurio as as crap or clichéd a writer as that though!

It is so obvious that it is Carmichael who is the real bent copper (H or 4th Man), she is doing everything she can to shut down every line of enquiry into it.... so it is not going to be her. BUT i saw a heading on an website that said she tapped out H in morse code during the interview... so they might surprise us yet.

There is no way they are going to just use James Nesbits face without getting him into the series, so he will turn up on Sunday

What is buried under the floor in the machine shop? they just abandoned that when they rushed back to the station. Why didn't they just watch it on their phones like Arnott did with the scotland game????

On sky guide it is down to only be a 1 hour episode, there must be another season left?

The spoiler below is the episode description... you have been warned.

Spoiler

7/7. AC-12 close in on 'H', the Fourth Man (or Woman) orchestrating the network of corrupt officers. Also in HD. [S,AD]

does the (or woman) mean Carmichael???

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I still think Wise is involved. She hasn't featured too often but any time she does she's trying to calm down Hasting's operation.

She'll be getting pushed from above to calm it, much like is what's happening to Hastings from further down the chain of command.

22 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Is this the last season?

I was sure it was but now I am doubting I read that. The next episode is due to be a belter if it is the last.

Nothing is confirmed for after this one yet, so I'd imagine we're at the very least wrapping up the H storyline. If they have a cliffhanger, it'll be something new.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Lomax is still to have a big part in this IMO

Yeah he's well dodgy very much a clone of Dot.

Can't see how they're going to tie up everything next week - Ted and the dodgy £50K, Steve's drugs results, is Thurwell really dead?  what's buried under the concrete floor? who is H, Osbourne/Wise/Thurwell/Carmichael? so many loose ends making it look likely there will be a Series 7

Not a great episode last night and just a pity we didn't see Ryan suffer as he took his last breath.

1 hour ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Yeah he's well dodgy very much a clone of Dot.

Can't see how they're going to tie up everything next week - Ted and the dodgy £50K, Steve's drugs results, is Thurwell really dead?  what's buried under the concrete floor? who is H, Osbourne/Wise/Thurwell/Carmichael? so many loose ends making it look likely there will be a Series 7

Not a great episode last night and just a pity we didn't see Ryan suffer as he took his last breath.

I wasn't expecting much to come from the garage floor. I thought it was just a call back to Season 2 when they found the body under the garage floor. I'm likely way off as everyone here is expecting something big.

6 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Nothing is confirmed for after this one yet, so I'd imagine we're at the very least wrapping up the H storyline. If they have a cliffhanger, it'll be something new.

Nah they'll end it in a way that it can be left as is, or if its renewed again (surely will be given the ratings it gets) they can pick it up from where they left off, i doubt they'll even write an ending for the H storyline until mercurio himself decides that its time is up, 

Dont think nesbitt will be in it as well, probably got permission to use his mugshots from his contract with bloodlands, free bit of PR for him as well,