Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

38 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Meh, if someone's capable of acquiring a gun and then having it pointed at the back of your head outside your house I reckon you'd be scared tbf. 

Yeah, this. Like the limmy john paul bits where someone isnt all that physically intimidating but when they tell you you've made an act of sheer fucking folly mate or threatens to cut an infant child to ribbons it's pretty unsettling.

edit: h being hillside makes sense, i think literally every one of the robbers in the first episode had addresses there on their sheets? might be a minor detail but i thought that was more significant than it looked at the time

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Surely how he looks has nothing to do with how he can intimidate people though. It's what he and who he represents that gives him his power. It stands to reason that, if someone is knee deep in shit with his higher ups, they'd be intimidated by what Ryan could initiate. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

He’s a probation officer who now has his incredibly powerful and experienced boss wrapped round his little finger.

59 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Meh, if someone's capable of acquiring a gun and then having it pointed at the back of your head outside your house I reckon you'd be scared tbf. 

You're all right, but I just can't get past it, to quote Frankie Boyle "if he was in prison he'd get thrown about like a dog toy"

21 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Does anyone think there is anything in the fact that the OCG MSN type messenger has been offline since Hastings laptop was put into the repair shop? 

Have we seen anybody be in contact since that point? 

I’m not sure if they would still be typing messages into it if they hadn’t had a response in nearly 18 months.

Though, to answer you’re question, I don’t think we have seen anybody receive messages from it since.

You're all right, but I just can't get past it, to quote Frankie Boyle "if he was in prison he'd get thrown about like a dog toy"

Not if he was in HMP Blackthorn!

Guest bernardblack
On 08/04/2021 at 15:47, GiGi said:

I kept thinking she looked familiar, so I looked up other stuff she'd been in and I hadn't seen any of them.

Eventually had a lightbulb moment on who she reminded me of.

Arrow-Felicity-Smoak.jpg

She’s in a Kodaline music video too....took me ages to realise where I’d seen her before 

Guest bernardblack
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Does anyone think there is anything in the fact that the OCG MSN type messenger has been offline since Hastings laptop was put into the repair shop? 

Have we seen anybody be in contact since that point? 

Reckon she can expense a new laptop from OCG? 

...He's the least intimidating baddie in the history of television.

Tariq from Power would like a word. It’ll be delivered terribly and you will not be able to take it seriously.

Found it odd that neither Steve or Kate really openly questioned or discussed big Ted’s “keep going if I’m not here” statement. Was expecting a scene in big T’s office with him being asked what was going on, or a conversation between the two wondering what it was all about.

Good episode otherwise. Just wish I’d had a rewatch through of the previous series. Only watched each once and really struggling to remember names / previous scenes as a result.

12 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

The Asian guy (PCC Sindwani?) who is always with Wise is dodgy.

Commissioner Sindwhandi always seems very keen to obstruct Ted's investigation, he's certainly looking very guilty about something . 

The actor (Ace Bhatti ) also played a very dodgy lawyer in one of The Shetland stories 

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this. When Hastings got his marching orders from the Chief, he stepped outside the building and on the pillars on either side of him they had the word "Headquarters" written on them. Can H be the entire top command?

Tariq from Power would like a word. It’ll be delivered terribly and you will not be able to take it seriously.

Found it odd that neither Steve or Kate really openly questioned or discussed big Ted’s “keep going if I’m not here” statement. Was expecting a scene in big T’s office with him being asked what was going on, or a conversation between the two wondering what it was all about.

Good episode otherwise. Just wish I’d had a rewatch through of the previous series. Only watched each once and really struggling to remember names / previous scenes as a result.
Good quality writing and plot development shouldn't rely on folk rewatching the old episodes to remember all the details.

I'm like you, the names and characters kind of merge from all the series'. But last night's episode was fucking excellent and I've got high hopes for it continuing.

Am i right in saying there definitely will be another series after this? Surely they can't go on without Hastings? Something has to give.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Good quality writing and plot development shouldn't rely on folk rewatching the old episodes to remember all the details.

I'm like you, the names and characters kind of merge from all the series'. But last night's episode was fucking excellent and I've got high hopes for it continuing.

Am i right in saying there definitely will be another series after this? Surely they can't go on without Hastings? Something has to give.

There's still no confirmation of a new series. 

The fact that the outcome of this series is not obvious is testament to good writing. They're keeping bums on the edge of seats desperate to find out.

That said, Hastings in that episode could just have been cut from all the other episodes, it was catchphrase overload for him. Meigh afficers do not plant uvidence! They work to the litter of the law, fella, the litter!

Edited by GiGi

Other phrases from this week that must've been uttered dozens of times before:

"I'll give yey 'no evidence'!"

"Mother o' gawd.."

"I'm interested in one thing only, and that's bent coppers."

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Probably find that hastings and his team will solve the journalists murder, so the ac merge will still happen but ted gets to lead it and he'll recruit steve, kate and maybe chloe (if they don't turn her or bump her off this series) 

I can see ryan going down in a blaze of glory this season, 

38 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I've been waiting since about the first episode of S1 to see that wee shite get his comeuppance. Steve caving his head in with a bulk box of pain killers seems apt.

I thought this weeks episode was brilliant.

Had a gander online to see folks theories about who's name was on the other sheet of paper. Apparently loads of folk will be furious if it's Tommy Hunter as it's too obvious.

1) Sometimes obvious is best. It doesn't always have to be a twist

2) Before the final couple of seconds no-one could have realistically thought Jo was related to Tommy Hunter

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Probably find that hastings and his team will solve the journalists murder, so the ac merge will still happen but ted gets to lead it and he'll recruit steve, kate and maybe chloe (if they don't turn her or bump her off this series) 

I don't think there's any way Arnott sees another series.