Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

I know that, the audience knows that. But Steve doesn't.
And i think it was only £25K. Hastings reported half the bribe money.
Misunderstood your post
There was £100k but they only found £50k. The guy arrested was adamant there was £100k though so there was an investigation into the missing £50k which Steve would have known about.

On 31/03/2021 at 15:24, yoda said:

If I wanted plausible thought-provoking television then I wouldn't be watching Line Of Duty. I'd stick on The Wire instead.

It's the most clichéd, one-trick, hackneyed, drama on TV. It's big, dumb, blockbuster fun. And I enjoy every moment of it. 

"The name's Hastings ma'am. I am an old battle."

image.png.c1e16bd81186259d3313c3b0458fbdb8.png

edit: the earlier mention of The Wire reminded me that there's deffo at least the odd nod to it on LoD (iirc Gates literally word for word does the "you come at the king you best not miss" line) so I'm hoping Steve is getting set for the Detective "f**k Did I Do?" McNulty Good/Bittersweet End - leaves the police semi-voluntarily with his back problems but shacks up with Corbett's missus. The back pains do seem like a bit of a death flag but I'm not so sure.

dunno if they can hammer him for the dosage but I think none of what he's shown to have been taking is actually illegal or illicit, just large doses of prescription drugs?

Also acceptable if they go full Departed and get him suspended but goes all Marky Mark on someone right at the end. At this point I just want a wild ride tbh.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

"The name's Hastings ma'am. I am an old battle."

image.png.c1e16bd81186259d3313c3b0458fbdb8.png

edit: the earlier mention of The Wire reminded me that there's deffo at least the odd nod to it on LoD (iirc Gates literally word for word does the "you come at the king you best not miss" line) so I'm hoping Steve is getting set for the Detective "f**k Did I Do?" McNulty Good/Bittersweet End - leaves the police semi-voluntarily with his back problems but shacks up with Corbett's missus. The back pains do seem like a bit of a death flag but I'm not so sure.

dunno if they can hammer him for the dosage but I think none of what he's shown to have been taking is actually illegal or illicit, just large doses of prescription drugs?

Also acceptable if they go full Departed and get him suspended but goes all Marky Mark on someone right at the end. At this point I just want a wild ride tbh.

Gates says if you go for the king make sure you kill him or something similar so not word for word. It would be great to see Steve on a pool table with The Pogues playing though. 

There's many reasons that Ryan should absolutely not be a police officer but the biggest should be his build, he is skinny as f**k, Jackie's 8 year old frozen body could batter him.

Small issue but the name Terry Boyle really annoys me, it just sounds strange.

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Gates says if you go for the king make sure you kill him or something similar so not word for word. It would be great to see Steve on a pool table with The Pogues playing though. 

There's many reasons that Ryan should absolutely not be a police officer but the biggest should be his build, he is skinny as f**k, Jackie's 8 year old frozen body could batter him.

Just makes me think of Brooklyn 99 with Terry and Boyle.

Sounds like a former England player from the 80s who’s now a pundit for ITV and has a lot of bland, ‘yer da’ opinions on the modern game.

8 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I have been wondering about this too. 

Pain killer addiction is not a good thing obviously but he's buying them in chemists. Surely he can't be doing anything wrong here that would flag on a routine drug test?

I have been wondering about this too. 
Pain killer addiction is not a good thing obviously but he's buying them in chemists. Surely he can't be doing anything wrong here that would flag on a routine drug test?

If anything high amounts of the chemicals will show in his bloodstream, which then confirms his back problems have never healed which ends his roles as a frontline detective. He says it to Corbetts wife that all he has is his career.

I’ve a feeling this is the final season and they’re setting it up for Steve quitting the force.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

If anything high amounts of the chemicals will show in his bloodstream, which then confirms his back problems have never healed which ends his roles as a frontline detective. He says it to Corbetts wife that all he has is his career.

Aye I heard him. It's a bit of a jump from You've a bit of pain kille in ye to "ye must still be fucked fae 4 years ago"

Really like Line of Duty but I'm not enjoying this series.
Neither am I that much. Last night's episode was pretty forgettable. Perhaps I'm getting too used to the writing and what used to be interesting and shocking is now expected of it. Or maybe it's just a common case of mid-season maneuvering of pieces and the final two or three episodes will be spellbinding.

Generally though in this series the stakes don't seem particularly high and I'm not really invested in any of the characters.

Having watched every episode of this in the past month this is definitely the weakest series so far. Arnott's codeine addiction/drug test I'm not sure will have a point. Like @Busta Nut says he's hardly on heroin so even if it does show up in his piss test I can't see how he would immediately lose his job for something you can buy over the counter.

I reckon we'll see Arnott's injury mean he leaves the force, Ted catching H but it'll cost him his job and Fleming will wind up in charge of AC-12.

18 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Having watched every episode of this in the past month this is definitely the weakest series so far. Arnott's codeine addiction/drug test I'm not sure will have a point. Like @Busta Nut says he's hardly on heroin so even if it does show up in his piss test I can't see how he would immediately lose his job for something you can buy over the counter.

I reckon we'll see Arnott's injury mean he leaves the force, Ted catching H but it'll cost him his job and Fleming will wind up in charge of AC-12.

I'd imagine there will be some sort of manoeuvring round the whole "drug addiction could be used for blackmail if the OCG know about it" possibility.

27 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

this I like yeah. Chloe will be the new Steve/Kate too.

edit: might cost Ted more than his job too imo... :( 

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

this I like yeah. Chloe will be the new Steve/Kate too.

edit: might cost Ted more than his job too imo... :( 

Right enough. The tagline for this series has been lies cost lives so someone we care about is definitely going to croak.