Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

On 25/03/2021 at 21:48, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Was chatting about this recently and wonder whether it was all plotted this intricately from the beginning, with fall backs in case they were cancelled early; or whether it was written fairly on the hoof to start with and the wider story added when it became a hit?

Fwiw I think it's maybe McDonald's a previous victim of the gang (maw killed judging by the photo?) and is out for revenge

Think its a bit of both, they always tie up the series plot but leave enough ambiguity for another season if its renewed, 

I would guess that the writers have plans for x amount of series, but always make sure the season ends on a finish of somesort incase its the last one

Really struggling with Kelly Mcdonald's acting here. Her accent/way she is speaking is really grating on me. I don't know if it's because she's pronouncing absolutely every word by the letter and I'm not used to Scottish people doing that?

Slow burner that episode but decent enough. Arnott to be suspended nearer the end for failing a random drug screening is a stick on.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really struggling with Kelly Mcdonald's acting here. Her accent/way she is speaking is really grating on me. I don't know if it's because she's pronouncing absolutely every word by the letter and I'm not used to Scottish people doing that?

Slow burner that episode but decent enough. Arnott to be suspended nearer the end for failing a random drug screening is a stick on.

Aye, same here. The way she speaks grates and is very annoying. 

However, does it say more about our fickle asses that after 6 series we’ve all grown accustomed to Arnott’s ham English accent to the point we’re now having a pop at the Scottish person speaking with the Scottish accent? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I couldn’t work out what Davidson said to Ryan when he picked her up.

This season is starting to suck diesel and is ticking over nicely.

I wonder if this Banks guy is related to the Banks guy that Ted visited in prison in another season?

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

I couldn’t work out what Davidson said to Ryan when he picked her up.

This season is starting to suck diesel and is ticking over nicely.

When she was released from custody?

If so she said she needed to go pick up her car and when he asked if she’d heard her ex had been arrested she said “that’s what she gets for being a rat”.

When she was released from custody?
If so she said she needed to go pick up her car and when he asked if she’d heard her ex had been arrested she said “that’s what she gets for being a rat”.

Yeah that bit. I was trying to work out if she knows about Ryan or just passing a comment.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Yeah that bit. I was trying to work out if she knows about Ryan or just passing a comment.

Wondered too whether we're meant to be thinking she knows about him. I’m thinking that at the moment he knows about her but she doesn’t know about him.

Although it’s still early doors this series and there’s been nothing too definite, I’m thinking that Kate’s is onto Davidson and Ryan but is playing the long game and is still working for AC12.

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I think she is being blackmailed by the OCG, that's why she had hunners of locks on her door because she is scared. Ryan is at Hillside to keep an eye on her, not as an ally.

Still think Kate is undercover in some capacity. 

Yep, me too. After they’d been for a drink and Kate asked if Davidson fancied meeting up at the weekend made me think she’s not really being a mate she’s trying to gain her trust.

Disappointing lack of dead Ryan and convinient that he just turns around when AC12 show up and isn't there the second time. Kate remembers him a bit but surely she would remember the face and name more after what he did to Steve? She would at least do a wee check on him. Also absolutely no need for the dig at Celtic by the scouser.

Just caught up on the first episode of the new series. The standard of acting made Hollyoaks look like the Royal Shakespeare Company. I don’t know if it’s because she is Scottish and I’m able to pick up the strange rhythm of her accent easier, but Kelly McDonald in that first 15 minutes put in the most wooden acting performance I’ve seen since the Pinocchio film.

I will still watch it as it’s a pretty good story line, and I still find it enjoyable. I can’t help but feel the writers have been drawing inspiration from Homer Simpson when he started writing for Itchy and Scratchy though.the simpsons eyes GIF

Edited by IrishBhoy

Guest bernardblack
10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It’s like she’s said something twice and she’s still not being understood sooo sheeee’s speaaaakiiingggg suuuuper sloooowlllly