Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

He is the same character. His flat (the real one) was where they kept an eye on the print shop, and where they stored Gina McKee’s body (in his freezer). We saw him but AC12 would never have had any reason to meet him IIRC. He did call the cops in season 1, but they brushed him off.
Ahh so they never knew him in the previous series? That makes sense.

Cheers

1 hour ago, JustOneCornetto said:

There's a theory going about that DC Chloe Bishop who now works in the AC-12 team with Steve is actually the daughter of Tony Gates who died at end of 1st series. Maybe looking for revenge?

I think she'd be way too young for that, his kids were like 10. Unless he's got a previous one with Jackie Laverty

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I wasn't impressed with Mcdonald at all. Thought she was very wooden.
So is the guy with learning difficulties the same guy from previous series? If so, why do they not recognise him? Or am i going mad and that's a totally new character?

Same, she just didnt give off a "cop whos in charge of other coppers" vibe, very boring if you will, 

I think she'd be way too young for that, his kids were like 10. Unless he's got a previous one with Jackie Laverty
If I've learnt anything from Midsomer Murders it's that no character can be ruled out as harbouring a grievance regarding perceived injustice to a heretofore unknown relative.

very,very underwhelmed with that first episode,maybe im just comparing it unfairly with the earlier series' which ive been blitzing these last few weeks

a lot of wooden acting and wooden dialogue in my opinion and i thought the overuse of acronyms and police jargon was ridiculous

hopefully it will get better as i really like LOD

That entire episode baffled me. No doubt it will all piece together fairly quickly though.
My take on it is that Macdonald's character set up the robbery to allow the real killer escape and fit up the young boy as the killer.

Forensics said the house was so clean it was like no-one lived there - yet suddenly a load of "evidence" appeared.

She will probably have a link to the 4th caddy.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My take on it is that Macdonald's character set up the robbery to allow the real killer escape and fit up the young boy as the killer.

Forensics said the house was so clean it was like no-one lived there - yet suddenly a load of "evidence" appeared.

She will probably have a link to the 4th caddy.

I feel like that’s too obvious. It would be unusual for Line of Duty to pan out exactly as they have made it appear from episode 1.

I feel like that’s too obvious. It would be unusual for Line of Duty to pan out exactly as they have made it appear from episode 1.

Aye I was just about to say exactly this.

They’ve made her suspiciousness very obvious from the first 5 minutes of the series, surely it’s going to be more than 5 episodes of just proving her guilt, knowing why she did it and finding out who else is involved.