Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

I’m pretty sure in season 1 Hastings talks about being a Catholic when partner was killed.

I’ve got the final episode of season 5 to watch tonight and then start season 6 straight after it. Started rewatching it all again a few weeks ago to take me through to the new season.

Aye I remember that, he says no one is blacker than me son and something about the 2 catholic’s but also Hastings isn’t really a Catholic name so he probably is mixed. Buzzing for this anyway, hopefully Kelly McDonald turns out to be Steve’s long lost sister and we can get him speaking in his normal accent.

18 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Aye I remember that, he says no one is blacker than me son and something about the 2 catholic’s but also Hastings isn’t really a Catholic name so he probably is mixed. Buzzing for this anyway, hopefully Kelly McDonald turns out to be Steve’s long lost sister and we can get him speaking in his normal accent.

I think it will turn out she was an undercover officer in the 90s, and pretended to be a schoolgirl to get in with a group of smack addicts

Dunno lads but I've a feeling that photo she chucked a glass at might just be relevant. 

Classic mercurio in that apparently the only polis in the uk are detectives and lads with assault rifles, and as good an actor as he is Compston playing suave ladies' man always gives me a laugh. But pretty good start overall 

Really good start to the series IMO. Several question marks raised and a good foundation started. Kelly McDonald made a solid start as well and obviously she has big boots to fill following Lonnie James, Keeley Hawes etc al.

Kelly MacDonald is a bit shite. She ran like someone has tied the hairs in her arse together.
It was her accent that annoyed me more than anything. I wonder if she's been told to slow her accent down for the English audience.

I wasn't impressed with Mcdonald at all. Thought she was very wooden.
Lots of old characters appearing in that episode makes me think things might finally get tied up this season.
So is the guy with learning difficulties the same guy from previous series? If so, why do they not recognise him? Or am i going mad and that's a totally new character?

Having never watched a minute of this until last Monday I've skelped through 5 seasons in about 8 days before this. It's very good, if a bit nonsense at times. 

Nearly pissed myself laughing when Fleming turned into John Wick at the end of season 3. Sprints about 3 miles at full pelt wearing a bullet proof vest and an assault rifle then perfectly snipes the driver of a speeding vehicle off a bridge from about half a mile away. 

Edited by well fan for life

41 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I wasn't impressed with Mcdonald at all. Thought she was very wooden.
So is the guy with learning difficulties the same guy from previous series? If so, why do they not recognise him? Or am i going mad and that's a totally new character?

He is the same character. His flat (the real one) was where they kept an eye on the print shop, and where they stored Gina McKee’s body (in his freezer). We saw him but AC12 would never have had any reason to meet him IIRC. He did call the cops in season 1, but they brushed him off.