Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 10:20, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

To make Kate a more accurate undercover officer she should be pumping those she's surveiling left right and centre.

Agree with the love for Season 3 but the ending with her running about the city taking pot shots with an assault rifle was pretty shark jumping

really really really glad this came up, saw the thread had been bumped up and it was the first thing that came to mind.

If they'd even given her a handgun or something they might have gotten away with it, but she just looked so, so uncomfortable wielding that gun (it's not even really McClure's fault, I guess it's the type of thing that takes years of work to look convincing to #operate with large firearms. Not implying Compston would have carried it off any better either, think it's just a general point that most British TV and film actors are rarely going to pull off looking like a weapons expert unless they get a big budget Hollywood film part with 'Murican weapons experts etc.)

Edit: Oh yeah iirc that bit, unless its a different part later in the series but I don't think it was (potential spoilers ahead but ech, it's not really since the post I'm quoting refers to the ending anyway and it's not really a specific plot point or covers any of the who or why, so f**k it) - the firearms officers in the background were unbelievably conspicuous; none of the other investigations/interviews up to that point had ever had any gunz in the background, so seeing them was an IMMEDIATE red flag. :lol: 

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

18 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

really really really glad this came up, saw the thread had been bumped up and it was the first thing that came to mind.

If they'd even given her a handgun or something they might have gotten away with it, but she just looked so, so uncomfortable wielding that gun (it's not even really McClure's fault, I guess it's the type of thing that takes years of work to look convincing to #operate with large firearms. Not implying Compston would have carried it off any better either, think it's just a general point that most British TV and film actors are rarely going to pull off looking like a weapons expert unless they get a big budget Hollywood film part with 'Murican weapons experts etc.)

Edit: Oh yeah iirc that bit, unless its a different part later in the series but I don't think it was (potential spoilers ahead but ech, it's not really since the post I'm quoting refers to the ending anyway and it's not really a specific plot point or covers any of the who or why, so f**k it) - the firearms officers in the background were unbelievably conspicuous; none of the other investigations/interviews up to that point had ever had any gunz in the background, so seeing them was an IMMEDIATE red flag. :lol: 

I agree to a point, but they managed to pull it back (I think) with just one line. "I'm knackered"

On 16/03/2021 at 17:53, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Funny thing is, for how awkward it looked at the end with her running with the gun, the earlier in the seasons scenes when shes with the firearms units, their movements etc actually look alright, well alright in that they didn't look awkward or weird, 

Martin Compston was a guest on Sean McDonald's Blethered podcast if anyone's interested. Listened to it this morning and found it enjoyable, he always comes across as a very likeable guy.

Adrian Dunbar this morning on BBC Breakfast with Naga and Charlie. Charlie - an annoying runt at the best of times - got under his skin by demanding an acting performance leading to Dunbar saying something like "I'll give you a bit more, son". Joyous.

On 18/03/2021 at 10:08, scottsdad said:

Adrian Dunbar this morning on BBC Breakfast with Naga and Charlie. Charlie - an annoying runt at the best of times - got under his skin by demanding an acting performance leading to Dunbar saying something like "I'll give you a bit more, son". Joyous.

Hopefully he rolled his eyes and muttered 'Mother of God' at him.

Rewatched series 5 in preparation for tonight. One potential plot hole I’ve noticed is that in one of the earlier series, Ted is shown to be a member of the Masons, but in series 5 it turns out Ted and his family are Catholic. Fairly certain the Catholic Church does not allow members to join the Masons so is it just an error?

Or is it intentional and Ted is actually lying about membership of one of them?... 🧐

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Rewatched series 5 in preparation for tonight. One potential plot hole I’ve noticed is that in one of the earlier series, Ted is shown to be a member of the Masons, but in series 5 it turns out Ted and his family are Catholic. Fairly certain the Catholic Church does not allow members to join the Masons so is it just an error?

Or is it intentional and Ted is actually lying about membership of one of them?... 🧐

Was he ever confirmed as being a practising Catholic? He was from a mixed family rather than a Catholic family IIRC, so potentially he wasn't raised as one. Alternatively, he may have left the church after what happened in NI with Stephen Graham's maw

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Was he ever confirmed as being a practising Catholic? He was from a mixed family rather than a Catholic family IIRC, so potentially he wasn't raised as one. Alternatively, he may have left the church after what happened in NI with Stephen Graham's maw

Yeah he confirmed in the interviews in series 5 that he is/was Catholic. Doesn’t specifically mention if that’s his current position tbf.

59 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Catholic Church prohibits joining the masons but masons don’t prohibit catholics joining so maybe he just kept it quiet. You know how far you can get ahead in the polis with a funny handshake! 

I’m pretty sure in season 1 Hastings talks about being a Catholic when partner was killed.

I’ve got the final episode of season 5 to watch tonight and then start season 6 straight after it. Started rewatching it all again a few weeks ago to take me through to the new season.