Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

I thought the point was that Buckles wasn't a criminal mastermind. He's avoided detection among the scale of the corruption and had been "last man standing". The external criminals were still the ones with the power, but we're less coordinated without Hunter. Hence the reason  Lakewell was killed in front of Buckles to remind him who was in charge.

While the final episode was underwhelming thought the series overall was good. There is potential for a 7th series but the way it was all tied up and putting the photos of all the previous bent coppers in the box suggests that's it folks. Personally I think they've gone far enough with it and should just stop now on a high in what was probably the most watched episode of any show on BBC in recent history.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why did the OCG go to such lengths (massive gunfight in the street, killed a cop) to get Lakewell, killed Thurlwell and his wife in Spain, but left Buckells alive to sing?

There are parts that are for dramatic effect and to maintain the story. You just have to accept that. A gun battle like the one seen between police and criminals would have had special forces deployed on the streets.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There are parts that are for dramatic effect and to maintain the story. You just have to accept that. A gun battle like the one seen between police and criminals would have had special forces deployed on the streets.

I will not and you can't make me.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why did the OCG go to such lengths (massive gunfight in the street, killed a cop) to get Lakewell, killed Thurlwell and his wife in Spain, but left Buckells alive to sing?

If anything it showed they'd learned from the previous mistake and came in with a plan.

It felt to me like the ending was rushed - Mercurio has spoken about how ne got a call about this series being scheduled much earlier than expected and that they were still in post-production pretty much right up to the wire. No way they'd not have taken the time to dig into the forged prison release statement in earlier series, for instance.

I suspect that it'll be back for Series 7, but that a good chunk of people that came on board over lockdown and/or bought into the hype might not be arsed if they think they're being strung along.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I hated last nights episode. I get what it was and what they wanted to do but they missed the target by miles. 

Spot on.

My man @J_Stewart explained it well up thread, but after 10 years of this series building, and especially after the last year, where TV has become even more of a form of escapism from real world issues, there was no real pay off of any kind and the overarching message is 'things are fucking shite and always will be'.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Was he not still doing his job to organise everything while still in his cell? I’m sure they found a laptop hidden there.

He was also the last link for the OCG to get the orders through to the police officers. I’m sure they could have found someone new to do that though.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I will not and you can't make me.

Here's my pitch to Mercurio for the New series.

A network of tanning salons, hamburger vans and self storage facilities are a front to launder cash through, cash reliant, but apparently legitimate businesses. The main characters are accountants. The local  Bobby knows it's happening, he isn't in the pay of criminals, he just can't be fucked with the paperwork to stop it and it's a good van they all use...

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Spot on.

My man @J_Stewart explained it well up thread, but after 10 years of this series building, and especially after the last year, where TV has become even more of a form of escapism from real world issues, there was no real pay off of any kind and the overarching message is 'things are fucking shite and always will be'.

The audience at large seems to be deflated by it, but one important thing for me is, Steve, Kate and Ted were visibly deflated by the outcome too. They wanted it to be a billy big baws. They got a useful idiot. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Here's my pitch to Mercurio for the New series.

A network of tanning salons, hamburger vans and self storage facilities are a front to launder cash through, cash reliant, but apparently legitimate businesses. The main characters are accountants. The local  Bobby knows it's happening, he isn't in the pay of criminals, he just can't be fucked with the paperwork to stop it and it's a good van they all use...

Set in Dundee.

69a3c9985f8262aa0a7ff4ac5d95670b_400x400.png.9d304b7865c5a954b7c4eb366129c0a0.png

47 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Spot on.

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The audience at large seems to be deflated by it, but one important thing for me is, Steve, Kate and Ted were visibly deflated by the outcome too. They wanted it to be a billy big baws. They got a useful idiot. 

They didn't even deliver that well though, I'd be satisfied with some thing that ended with "we're never gonna beat the system" type stuff if they delivered it correctly. 

Edited by Busta Nut

I'm glad I binge watched the entire series over the past week rather than waste years on it.

GOT burned me and I'm glad it did.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

How do I apply for witness protection? The size of Jo’s new gaff 

The company were both beautiful, too. 

On a somewhat related note, Vicky McClure looked amazing in that episode last night. What a woman. :wub: