Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

First time I ever watched this the night as my da was watching. What a lot of shite. Thought The Walking Dead was bad for spinning wheels in the hope of getting another series. The guy that plays Alliser Thorne in Game of Thrones is the most obvious "I'm a big bad b*****d" I've ever seen anaw. It's obviously him.

Take it back if it is the last episode though because that is the most nihilistic "nothing ever changes" ending you could hope to see.

Edited by NotThePars

I'm a bit underwhelmed after that. 

Spoiler

Only answers we really got were about Hasting's involvement in Corbett's death and Buckles involvement in the message.

Still not sure about Carmichael. Kind of feel Ted's statement at the end was designed to spur her into doing the right thing. Originally I thought she might be bent but she's maybe just black and white when it comes to following orders from her boss.

There needs to be one final season in which all the loose ends are tied up.

Edited by super_carson

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Dunno. Feels like everyone has spent the past 20 pages hoping H will be someone unexpected and then everyone is suddenly upset it wasn't what they expected.

TBF I knew Buckles was more bent than incompetent, but as Ted said, there had to be someone more senior who kept promoting him

Underwhelming is exactly the word.

I thought it was going to be Buckles as soon as Ted said right under our noses. However, I really wanted Buckles or Fairbanks to show a different psycho side to their character when they knew they were caught. A total arrogance about getting away with it or escaping or something - along the lines of Edward Norton’s character in Primal Fear to shock us. I was also expecting some sort of attempted escape scene for Buckles which was disappointing. I mean there wasn’t even any bleeding flashbacks.

The whole fake move of Davidson thing was strange. Lomax wasn’t even asked about it. The prison guards weren’t even interviewed. I wanted them slaughtered by Ted.

Carmichael played almost no part. I think that’s it to be honest. The ending is that corruption wins. It could and should have been better.