Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

Heard Compston say on a podcast a couple of months ago that they hoped/felt they might have another one or two in them, but the tone of interviews from him and other folk involved this week does give off the impression that Sunday will be the end of it, i think a lot of the BBC's promo material for the episode has that feel to it as well. 

In every series it's looked like they were about to uncover the roots to the OCG/H but then left a bit at the end to show that it's not done yet, i don't think they could get away with that again and think everyone is ready for the H storyline to come to an end, which would effectively put a bow on the whole series. Not sure where they'd go from there and can't imagine they'd start a whole new story arc. Compston also said on that podcast that they're all very conscious of not dragging it on for too long, making a c**t of it and then ruining it's legacy in the same way other shows have went.  

I hope H is Hastings.
Kate and Steve discover this and go to apprehend him not having told anyone else. 
He's about to move away after his forced retirement. He kills both of them and burns their bodies sailing into the sunset to become a lumberjack in Canada. 

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Whatever happens I'm expecting to see someone get charged, they think they have H then someone (not necessarily Ted/Steve/Kate gives some evil stare towards the camera as the theme really kicks in.

They'll charge and jail osbourne, who'll then be found dead in his cell, and video footage of either kate, steve or ted leaving the jail on an unrelated matter will be seeb by the other two, so it can be finished there and allow the fans to make up whatever theory they like, 

Then if they decide down the line to start it up again, they can pick up where they left off lol

I wouldn’t be too upset if this was to be the final episode, as long as the majority of the loose ends are tied up in this Sunday’s episode and it doesn’t leave any ambiguity around the main plot lines. I have my doubts that they are going to be able to do all that in a 60 minute episode however, and I think we will almost definitely be left with some questions left unanswered. 

We’ve seen with multiple shows recently what can happen if the ending isn’t what the viewers wanted or expected, or in Game of Thrones’ case just produce such an absolutely nonsensical ending that it sours the good work done in previous seasons. Some of the most revered television shows have ended on a high whilst there was still demand for more, and I think Line of Duty will do the same. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I hope H is Hastings.
Kate and Steve discover this and go to apprehend him not having told anyone else. 
He's about to move away after his forced retirement. He kills both of them and burns their bodies sailing into the sunset to become a lumberjack in Canada. 

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

9 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm still not convinced H is just one person. I saw a theory that rather than it being one officer the H is for Hillside as that's the station the OCG's corrupt officers are usually based.

I've not seen it confirmed anywhere but is this the last episode ever or just the end of this series? I'm mentally prepared to be let down regardless. Not because I think it'll be a bad episode but I don't think too much will be answered. I think it'll be quite an open ending regardless of whether it's the final episode or not.

I seen something on YouTube where a guy said something similar and that H could be more of an organisational shape. 

Did Hastings links to Belfast and the freemasons ever get fully explained? I know it played a prominent part in a previous season but I can’t remember if it ever got put to bed, and it’s something I thought was going to crop up again at some point. 

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Did Hastings links to Belfast and the freemasons ever get fully explained? I know it played a prominent part in a previous season but I can’t remember if it ever got put to bed, and it’s something I thought was going to crop up again at some point. 

Considering that the show is filmed in Belfast, I quite like how the Belfast connection is still a mystery.

A bit like filming at the base of the Effiel Tower and wondering if there is a Paris connection.

Just now, Fullerene said:

Considering that the show is filmed in Belfast, I quite like how the Belfast connection is still a mystery.

A bit like filming at the base of the Effiel Tower and wondering if there is a Paris connection.

Yeah I wouldn’t be too upset if it was something that was left to the imagination of the viewer tbf. It’s not important to the ‘H’ story line and doesn’t seem like it could tie in with any of the main plot lines from this season. I think it will be one of the threads that’s left with a bit of ambiguity, as well as adding to the intrigue of Hastings back story. 

38 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Did Hastings links to Belfast and the freemasons ever get fully explained? 

🤔

11 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm still not convinced H is just one person. I saw a theory that rather than it being one officer the H is for...

****?

Jed Mercurio was on Craig Parkinson's podcast through the week there and said they thought about running with that side if things in series 3(?) but decided to drop it.

Could be a red herring of course.

We have watched series 1 again over the last couple of days.

The Mrs thinks Arnott turned after his trial over the death of the innocent man shot by armed police. She thinks Osbourne is being set up by Arnott.

It would be one of the biggest twists of all but I'm not sure it adds up.

We have watched series 1 again over the last couple of days.

The Mrs thinks Arnott turned after his trial over the death of the innocent man shot by armed police. She thinks Osbourne is being set up by Arnott.

It would be one of the biggest twists of all but I'm not sure it adds up.
Obviously if it turns out then you have ruined it for everyone, but that would be fittingly out of the blue for me. I would endorse a twist of that magnitude