Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

On 08/04/2021 at 15:47, GiGi said:

I kept thinking she looked familiar, so I looked up other stuff she'd been in and I hadn't seen any of them.

Eventually had a lightbulb moment on who she reminded me of.

Arrow-Felicity-Smoak.jpg

Who is this in the pic?

11 hours ago, sfha said:

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this. When Hastings got his marching orders from the Chief, he stepped outside the building and on the pillars on either side of him they had the word "Headquarters" written on them. Can H be the entire top command?

Said the same thing to my wife about the Headquarters sign and H. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've been waiting since about the first episode of S1 to see that wee shite get his comeuppance. Steve caving his head in with a bulk box of pain killers seems apt.

I actually like him in the show, his "bent b*****d" lines to gates were tremendous lol

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I thought this weeks episode was brilliant.

Had a gander online to see folks theories about who's name was on the other sheet of paper. Apparently loads of folk will be furious if it's Tommy Hunter as it's too obvious.

1) Sometimes obvious is best. It doesn't always have to be a twist

2) Before the final couple of seconds no-one could have realistically thought Jo was related to Tommy Hunter

People using the scottish link to put the two of them together, has the show even said that one or the other or both were actually scottish at any point

An outside bet is the nonce copper from season 3, fairbanks was it? 

Testament to a fantastic series is that you get this deep into proceedings and it could still go any of about a dozen ways and there are so many unanswered questions.

I reckon Sindwhani is a definite no-gooder. He's desperate to cut them down every time they might be getting closer.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Testament to a fantastic series is that you get this deep into proceedings and it could still go any of about a dozen ways and there are so many unanswered questions.

I reckon Sindwhani is a definite no-gooder. He's desperate to cut them down every time they might be getting closer.

Again though its that obvious you start to wonder is he dodgy or just looking out for himself 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Might have thought that, but with the nest not getting another series, compston might well be needing the work 😂

Nah would be a massive twist if he drops out, 

There's numerous outs for his character now. It just seems inevitable. 

8 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I actually like him in the show, his "bent b*****d" lines to gates were tremendous lol

People using the scottish link to put the two of them together, has the show even said that one or the other or both were actually scottish at any point

Patrick Fairbank, in a previous incarnation he was Bob in "Rita, Sue and Bob too"

His use of b*****d every second word is why I hate him so much, if he expanded his vocabulary a bit I’d love him.

His use of b*****d every second word is why I hate him so much, if he expanded his vocabulary a bit I’d love him.

Aye, apart from the swearing he was a very decent guy. Couldn’t say a bad word about him.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Aye, apart from the swearing he was a very decent guy. Couldn’t say a bad word about him.

It's not the swearing it's the lack of variety, call someone a c**t every once in a while, throw an arsehole in there. He's a great guy, should be given an award or commendation of some sort.

Can't read this thread because I'm only two episodes into the series, but happy to report that Hastings, aka Adrian Dunbar, is presenting Have I Got News For You on Friday. 

Apologies if someone's pointed this out already, but for obvious reasons, I can't really check!