Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

22 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

That episode for me has crossed the line into ridiculous nonsense. The whole ambush of the guy from prison was laughably bad. Why did they need to have their sirens blaring when trying to keep a low profile? Then he gets murdered in his cell as if there is no CCTV to nab those responsible. Far too complicated for it's own good. I'm out.

Good. Don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out of this fictional drama TV thread.

Was Corbetts details not deleted from the police database when he went on that undercover mission in series 5? I may have made that up.

All details were deleted from HR and restricted to only his handler from memory. He did exist but only to certain people.

But she’s not related to him. She’ll be related to someone else who worked at Hillside.

H is not an officer. Cotton was trying to say Hillside. Hillside is where the OCG operate from.

5 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Who was the guy who strangled Jimmy Lakewell?*

He looks familiar and definitely has previous with the show. 

*Deserved it for stabbing David Brent in the back. 

It was Lee Banks, the guy that Hastings interviewed in the prison during the dealings with John Corbett

ETA: @Mr November got there first. That's suspicious, someone leaked it to him, the bent b*****d!

Edited by Mark Connolly

Has to be Tommy Hunter. Only one that makes sense.

Other thoughts in no particular order... Do we think Jimmy told Steve something in the van? That young lad playing Ryan is fantastic. Was there a leak from AC12 - does Steve trust anyone at all? Kate is rubbish.

Has to be Tommy Hunter. Only one that makes sense.

Other thoughts in no particular order... Do we think Jimmy told Steve something in the van? That young lad playing Ryan is fantastic. Was there a leak from AC12 - does Steve trust anyone at all? Kate is rubbish.
The acting when he was told he was being shipped out was incredible. Scary as f**k.

aw i thought i was all clever for thinking that about Lakewell talking to Steve in the van, maybe even making another audio recording on a phone or something :( 

tbf without a rewatch it did feel like a "I DIDNT TALK THOUGH. RIGHT STEVE? EH MATE? NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK, KNOW WHAT I MEAN, HEH" moment

Chloe also seemed to have some severe guilt over what happened to the firearms officer  (alas, poor Jonesy, we hardly knew ye but the main cast bigged you up so now im emotionally invested in your death) and her suggesting the leak came from AC-12 seems significant - definitely felt like a regretful tone to it but could be reading too much from it or its misdirection. I don't get the feel she's a villain/fully villanous, but if she is dodgy I expect she'll make a face turn soon enough.

Oh, and Steve immediately firing unwanted work emails into the recycle bin has me rooting for him like never before. Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need... but pretty much guarantee's his days as an anti corruption cop are finite one way or another :( 

Chris is, to quote Alan Partridge, an odd fish and I can't get a handle on him. I'm going with him being a baddie but only because his voice just sounds like he's a baddie. Never, ever put me on jury duty.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Aye can't remember the line but there was definitely a second "wink wink" from Lakewell when they got him to the station, Steve seemed to pick up on it. On Kate, I think they made it quite explicit she had only been working with AC-12 again since the last episode. 

The lad playing Ryan is superb, his face when Davidson is telling him he's being transferred is great

8 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

On second watch there is something about the way Lakewell says I didn’t talk right Steve.

I thought the statement the lawyer had was what lakewell was meaning, on tape he says "i didnt talk" but he wrote it down or something like that 

There might not be a mole in ac-12 given that the permission to take lakewell out of jail will need signed off from way above, the routes would have been known to the armed police units, their commanders, etc